Corporate Business Solutions Employee Reviews

strikes a good balance
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, IL5 April 2018
I have the ability to maintain a balanced work/ life and still work on advancing my career. As much as I enjoy the challenging work, it is still important for me to spend time with m family. CBS is respectful of that.
Pros
respectful management
Cons
during certain times of the year very stressful
flexible
Small Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 March 2018
cbs provides a great deal of flexibility and the resources to build your own potential in the business. I have had he best in depth training possible. It is a great place to grow into your career and learn from experienced people in the field.
Pros
learn from experience people
Cons
base could be higher.
Consultant
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 March 2018
Relocated for a position with this company and they covered a good portion of the move. Salary, benefits and bonus seem pretty standard but a leg up over my last company. Find the work extremely interesting and the people I do it with creative and hard working. Sales aspect of the position is not that enticing but it comes with the industry.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
sales aspect
first year fulltime
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL6 March 2018
I have been working at CBS for more than a year full-time. It is a fun and lively place to work. I have had plenty of chances to stand out from the crowd. I was able to move to FT after around 10 months.
Pros
bump in salary for FT
Cons
no more schedule flexability now that I am FT
Fast paced, competetive
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL5 March 2018
Every day meeting with owners of multi million dollar companies in a variety of industries. Some appointments are as brief as a cup of coffee, others last hours. The goal is to sell consulting hours by narrowing down wants and needs to specific goals. Once a client has a value or potential gain shown through analysis, our firm implements beneficial changes. Each sit is a chance to learn from industry leaders and company owners that gross up to one hundred million dollars per year.
The work is fast paced, often spending weeks out of town, rarely in interesting areas, but an opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people. Upward movement is encouraged, after winning an award for top performer in my region I was able to secure the position of Regional Vice President.
The management are all good people. The company culture is extremely fast paced, I have seen more people than I can count come on in different positions and quickly fall off the train. The pay can be huge, five figure bi-weekly checks but time around holidays are extremely slow.
Pros
Meeting great people, potential for large paydays
Cons
Travel time, hot and cold seasons
leadership
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL1 March 2018
cbs displays great project leadership and fair management. They support employee growth and learning with their consistent training programs. If you are not sure where to start, this is the place to.
Pros
training programs, bonuses
good people
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 January 2018
The people that influence you in the work place and the impact that you are able to make are the best parts about working as a business consultant in general. It is especially fun when you work with CBS. The training is top notch and you are given the resources to excel.
Pros
salary, benefits, work balance
Questionable ethics of Senior Management
Senior Business Consultant, USA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA8 January 2018
Pure consulting with 100% travel. The work with clients was good but I had concerns with a change in Senior Management that developed into a question of ethics by the new Senior Managements. Some directions to obtain additional consulting hours were considered as unethical by me.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
100% travel and ethic questions.
senior consultant
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, IL28 December 2017
I have been a senior consultant of 10 years, 2 of those years have been spent at CBS. It has been the best place that I have worked since I began my career. Everyone is like family and the company really shows appreciation for their employees. That is to important to me.

Overall, it is a wonderful company to work for. I have a passion for improving other peoples’ weaknesses. Management is the best part about this place. They are so supportive with an open door policy. You can ALWAYS ask for help.
Pros
work with some great people
Cons
hate upselling
fast paced
Manager - Recruitments (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra14 November 2017
I have got to learn many things from this company as it was in growth phase and had to catch-up with it. it was the company, who helped me growing and polishing my skills.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
limited resources
sba
SBA (Current Employee) –  Aurora, IL6 October 2017
Good deal of travel if you are truly motivated. Only as good as the clients you work with. That being said you have a lot of opportunity to make some really good money. Hours can be long if you are dedicated to your job.
Pros
atmosphere, training
good open door policy
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL8 September 2017
really god people who have an open door policy when it comes to employees. People help each other out and the pay is a little higher than my last job.

immediate supervisor has a lot of power over you.
Pros
work atmosphere
human resources
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL25 August 2017
very fulfilling and satisfying job. Enjoy all the people I work with on a daily basis and it's never boring. I feel management is very supportive of all employees and they actually listen when problems arise.
Pros
good people
Cfo
Accounts Receivable, Payable, and Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA12 August 2017
I was hired as a temp but was offered the job, which I loved. The CFO of the company passed away and the new CFO wanted to hire her own team. I did mostly Accounts Payamble.
Trainee
Trainee Technician (Former Employee) –  Lautoka21 July 2017
Enjoyable and challenging at first when to learn a lot of technical stuffs. Management are always on your back. Culture is good, most hardest part of the work is being given a task by yourselves,
Pros
Team work
good career choice
Junior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL9 June 2017
Great place to grow your career. Interesting clients and something that you can really put on your resume. Flexible schedule. Did not really like the leadership and in the beginning i had to work long hours.
Pros
resume builder
consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL19 May 2017
I have a very flexible arrangement and the ability to work from home(I'm the exception rather than the norm). Salary and benefits are way above what I have had in the past with a work from home arrangement. Work life balance can be an issue when deadlines are set. Client deadlines override any flexibility I may have in work time.
Pros
work from home, salary
Cons
deadlines
Pad your resume
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL23 February 2017
Excellent place to perfect business skills, and become results driven. There is no work / personal balance and these folks are ultimate Alpha's. They run an excellent business model and generate substantial profits and it is a great model for the perfect business framework. There is no "feelings" at this organization.
Pros
Business Skills improvement and industry exposure
Cons
Limited or no personal life, Minimum 40 hr but closer to 60 hr work week.
helping small businesses
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL27 January 2017
I really enjoy being able to help small business's organize and streamline their companies and processes. hours can be long depending on how dedicated you are.
Pros
great clients, met a lot of good people
great training
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL18 November 2016
CBS is a great company if you are new to the business and I found their training to be superior to my last company. I didn't feel lost or thrown to the wolves which had been my prior experience at my old company. Management was awesome in making sure I was ready t succeed and so far I have been killing it. I would also like to state how helpful my coworkers have been since being hired on.
Pros
good pay, good people, good business