Cornwall Community Hospital

Cornwall Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Lots of learlning opportunities and room for advancement
Fast paced and stressful environment, but with the right training and team approach very gratifying and satisfying work. Lots of education sessions and specialized courses offered throughout the year, opportunities for advancement.
fun place
enjoy working there
A very comfortable work environment.

Doctors are experienced

nurses are good

as an RPN student I learned a lot from working there
Great place to work, excellent staff and managers.
I have worked in a variety of different departments within this hospital, all areas have been a great experience. Only thing I could say is I wish there was more full time jobs available.
Housekeeping staff are great, management needs a facelift
The housekeeping staff (environmental services dept) are a good bunch of people. They are committed to their performance and supportive of each other. Management and Scheduling are a bit of a mess. Housekeeping director does not do the scheduling, they have a scheduling department for that, so the shifts are a bit crazy and unpredictable. Housekeeping management is very disorganized and doesn't seem to do a good job with understanding the needs of the people working in this department. Shifts are never consistent; if you work part time you will be forced to take day, evening, and night shifts not in any type of sequence. The upside to this is the pay.
Great
Excellent organization and wonderful team. They respect work-life balance and coordination of care for patients. All staff treated equally and honoured.
Fast-paced environment and great communication.
This employment is shift work; working nights, days, evenings and weekends. This job title requires a candidate that works well under pressure and can perform any task at hand. You will communicate with health-care providers daily and tend to the need of the public. based on their health needs.
Productive and fun workplace!
Get to meet a lot of people and learn a lot! Days go by fast and everyone is really nice. There is always something to do, which will keep you busy. Overall a really good place work at!
Excellent environment for growth and team work
A typical work day is a 12hr day or night shift. Although it is a busy environment that staff are amazing and willing to help in any way they can. A great team of nurse, physicians, managers and other members of the healthcare team who constantly work collaboratively together to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The hardest part of the job is the busy patient load that comes with each day but what makes it enjoyable is that you actually get to put your nursing skills to work and you continue to learn more and more about the nursing profession each day.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cornwall Community Hospital?
Student Nurse
I was a student nurse at CCH and I loved every second of my time here. Every member of staff from Dr.'s -Nurses-PT-OT-PCA, were friendly, compassionate and caring. It was a great hospital to learn in because everyone was so willing to teach.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Nursing student review
I was provided with many opportunities to practice my skills. I have a better understanding of the policies and day to day tasks expected of registered nurses including medication administration, providing personal care and developing care plans.
bad place to work as a nurse
working as a Registered nurse at cornwall hospital is awful! you are not respected for your education, you are treated at the same level as a PSW and expected to do their jobs, while the PSW's just hang around talking. The nurse is basically treated as though its the 1950's. doctors get all the respect at this hospital. If your a doctor I recommend working here but as a nurse no way!
Cons
bad staffing
Great workplace!
I loved my summer job here at the hospital I was able to work independently but also be included in group projects. I was given excellent training and was well prepared. I enjoyed my day to day duties.
Pros
Working at my own pace, checklists provided for efficiency
Cons
Occasional very early shfts
Nice place to work
It was a nice workplace where I was given a chance to gain experience in my given field. My Supervisor was very supportive and always available if I had any questions (extremely approachable).
Great place to work.
Love my job , great people and fun place to work.
Management are approchable and easy to talk to. What I learned about working in the kitchen is, it is a fast paced place to be and is very hot.
Pros
Lots of meetings and in services .
Cons
Don't have full time hours.
Excellent place to work
Typical day: Arrive between 7AM and 8:30 log into ticket system and review outstanding tickets. Check voicemail for any outstanding issues or urgent requests. Spend day fixing problems and/or cleaning equipment.

Management: My manager was the best I ever had during my 25+ years of work.

Learned: PC repair skills.
Pros
People were excellent to work with and for.
Cons
Job security.
Typical Day
I enjoy the high paced environment in the ultrasound department. We are constantly working together to make the experience for our patients the best it can be.
Pros
day shifts, no weekends
Cons
low appreciation by top management
good
good place to work but hours are not always there which makes it challenging to keep family life first.you have to be on call all the time 24/7 so you don't miss out on hours.
full time position at current and want to retire at age 60 but work part time in another place of employment until age 65
I have been working in the same environment for 25 plus years. It has been fun but at the age of 60 I would like to retire from my current job and work part time until age 65. I do not feel like I am ready to quite working and have plenty of work time left in me. I am always willing to learn new skills and would like the opportunity to do so. If there is any positions part time available please contact me so we can discuss meeting etc.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Peers!!
I take pride in the great relationships with my fellow peers and i have acquired, we work great as a team and that makes for a great environment.
great work place
The Cornwall Community Hospital is a great place to work with great pay and good place to make friendships. You get to work alongside very intelligent people who are great at what they do.
found
Found the management to be inept as well as most of the staff. I would have a hard time to bring my dog there since there has been alot of mistakes done that put patients at risk. If you need a bandaid I would suggest going to another hospital.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management is sneaky.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornwall Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2