Cornwall Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent environment for growth and team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 March 2019
A typical work day is a 12hr day or night shift. Although it is a busy environment that staff are amazing and willing to help in any way they can. A great team of nurse, physicians, managers and other members of the healthcare team who constantly work collaboratively together to achieve optimal patient outcomes. The hardest part of the job is the busy patient load that comes with each day but what makes it enjoyable is that you actually get to put your nursing skills to work and you continue to learn more and more about the nursing profession each day.
Student Nurse
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 November 2018
I was a student nurse at CCH and I loved every second of my time here. Every member of staff from Dr.'s -Nurses-PT-OT-PCA, were friendly, compassionate and caring. It was a great hospital to learn in because everyone was so willing to teach.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Nursing student review
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 March 2018
I was provided with many opportunities to practice my skills. I have a better understanding of the policies and day to day tasks expected of registered nurses including medication administration, providing personal care and developing care plans.
bad place to work as a nurse
cornwall - med/surg RN (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 January 2018
working as a Registered nurse at cornwall hospital is awful! you are not respected for your education, you are treated at the same level as a PSW and expected to do their jobs, while the PSW's just hang around talking. The nurse is basically treated as though its the 1950's. doctors get all the respect at this hospital. If your a doctor I recommend working here but as a nurse no way!
Cons
bad staffing
Great workplace!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 January 2018
I loved my summer job here at the hospital I was able to work independently but also be included in group projects. I was given excellent training and was well prepared. I enjoyed my day to day duties.
Pros
Working at my own pace, checklists provided for efficiency
Cons
Occasional very early shfts
Nice place to work
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 September 2017
It was a nice workplace where I was given a chance to gain experience in my given field. My Supervisor was very supportive and always available if I had any questions (extremely approachable).
Great place to work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON26 August 2017
Love my job , great people and fun place to work.
Management are approchable and easy to talk to. What I learned about working in the kitchen is, it is a fast paced place to be and is very hot.
Pros
Lots of meetings and in services .
Cons
Don't have full time hours.
Excellent place to work
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 August 2017
Typical day: Arrive between 7AM and 8:30 log into ticket system and review outstanding tickets. Check voicemail for any outstanding issues or urgent requests. Spend day fixing problems and/or cleaning equipment.

Management: My manager was the best I ever had during my 25+ years of work.

Learned: PC repair skills.
Pros
People were excellent to work with and for.
Cons
Job security.
Typical Day
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 August 2017
I enjoy the high paced environment in the ultrasound department. We are constantly working together to make the experience for our patients the best it can be.
Pros
day shifts, no weekends
Cons
low appreciation by top management
good
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 February 2017
good place to work but hours are not always there which makes it challenging to keep family life first.you have to be on call all the time 24/7 so you don't miss out on hours.
full time position at current and want to retire at age 60 but work part time in another place of employment until age 65
PROGRAM CLERK (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 October 2016
I have been working in the same environment for 25 plus years. It has been fun but at the age of 60 I would like to retire from my current job and work part time until age 65. I do not feel like I am ready to quite working and have plenty of work time left in me. I am always willing to learn new skills and would like the opportunity to do so. If there is any positions part time available please contact me so we can discuss meeting etc.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
12 hour shifts
Great Peers!!
Registered Nurse - Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 September 2016
I take pride in the great relationships with my fellow peers and i have acquired, we work great as a team and that makes for a great environment.
great work place
Housekeeping Emergency and inpatient psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 September 2016
The Cornwall Community Hospital is a great place to work with great pay and good place to make friendships. You get to work alongside very intelligent people who are great at what they do.
found
Medical Radiation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 May 2016
Found the management to be inept as well as most of the staff. I would have a hard time to bring my dog there since there has been alot of mistakes done that put patients at risk. If you need a bandaid I would suggest going to another hospital.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management is sneaky.
Program Clerk- Dialysis Unit (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON6 December 2015
I enjoy working there, just wish there were more hours.

Love my co workers, great bunch to work with. Love the Patients. Overall great experience so far
Pros
Time off
Cons
Time off
Enjoyed all the experience in acute care
Nursing Student/ Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON Canada4 March 2015
I really enjoyed working for Cornwall Community Hospital. All the staff including management were always willing to help. I worked on a Med/Surg floor Acute care therefor always ready for new change and adapt well to any environment. Dealing with acute care there were always challenges and obstacles but everyone worked as team players. Communicated often with Doctors regarding pt care. Received and implemented orders. There is pretty much nothing that we didn't do as an RPN. I love the fast paste environment and enjoyed the experience very much.
Team work and co-operation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cornwall ON18 March 2014
Loveable workplace which helped me to improve my knowledge and experience
Grateful
Clerk (practicum) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 November 2013
Grateful to have had the opportunity to complete my Medical Assisting Practicum in such an organization. I worked under incredibly professional and caring individuals in my department.