CORE Mechanical Employee Reviews

Office (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge North, TX1 August 2019
I've really enjoyed my time at CORE. The management team is demanding but in a good way; they want you to be your best and offer your best to the customers. If you work hard, you get raises and promotions. If you complain, they will counsel you and try to help but you won't stay long term if you don't change your attitude. If you work hard, you get the recognition. I've seen admin people that try hard and have good personalities become managers in less than 2 years. So don't believe all the other reviews, they're just mad because they couldn't hack it. Great benefits too and if something bad happens in your life, the team is there to help. They even set up things for people to donate PTO if you have a family emergency or when the hurricane happened. It's a family environment - as much as it can be as big as they have become. Great place to work!
Pros
the team, management, Friday team lunches, benefits, challenging work
Cons
customers can be demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX27 July 2019
Management uses words and phrases they should not in a work place. Making comments about peoples weight to race. Yes, the owner did this. When there were mistakes made by one owner the other helped cover it or move it around. After three months and hearing a conversation and being asked to do something I was uncomfortable doing work wise, I lost all interest working there. The turn over is high, there is always too much change and not enough support for the change. The owner takes the words of other employee's instead of investigating the issues themselves. It seemed great at first but once the wool was pulled back there was a lot of ugly, judgmental comments and underline threats.
Do not apply to this company!
Service Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Ridge, TX19 June 2019
The first couple of weeks may go well but you soon find out that this company is bogus! You do not get a 40 hour week but when you do they want you to work as much as 60+ hours. Do yourself a favor look some where else!
Pros
Your day starts when you get into your truck.
Cons
You can be fired at anytime.
a typical day at work
Lead HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  National City, CA19 May 2019
working at core its always enjoyable and satisfying at the end of the day. everyone is willing to help as a teem to complete daily tasks. every morning before the start of the shift everyone is informed of the days work.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
management to employee treatment
Horrible Place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX17 April 2019
Former Technician at Core - Owners are ruthless - wanna bees-
no order to your day- your expected to drive forever all over Houston and surrounding areas for maybe 2 calls per day and only work 25 to maybe 3o hours per week and be promised the World--It is a MOM and POP business inturn who are very unprofessional----DO NOT WORK HERE____RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Stressful workplace. Management offers little help when needed. This is not a “family” type company.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas21 March 2019
I’ve worked with this company for a year. I was told from the get go all the hours and opportunities I would receive. I was promised a minimum of 40 hrs/week. I was averaging maybe 25. There is no order to their chaos. Everything is spur of the moment. Be prepared to be sent out to jobs lacking all the proper tools and expect to get the job done. I’ve seen many ppl come and go in my year there. The turn-over rate is wretched.
Pros
Company vehicle. Benefits
Cons
Management. Lack of preparation.
Great Teammates
COORDINATOR/ OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX22 October 2018
Beyond loving the team, there’s not much going on at this place. It’s usually very chaotic and extremely stressful. Management typically does what it wants when it wants too. They do not value loyalty, dedication or hard work. They will hire outside of the company for “The next best thing” only for you to get stuck training someone who runs a few weeks later! Great pay, benefits and they are constantly growing but that’s about all.
Best Place To Work In The Houston TX Area
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 February 2018
First off I would like to thank everyone at Core Mechanical for making some of the best work memories I have had in years.

I had the pleasure of working here before my mother became ill and I had to relocate to help her. Out of all the companies I have work for in my 20 years Core Mechanical was the very best. The owners truly care about the wellbeing of the team and actively prove it each day. The family type feeling throughout the field staff was a refreshing experience. Each person I had the chance to work along side was helpful and generous with their knowledge. When I went to the office for parts or material I was greeted like I was coming home for Thanksgiving. Everyone was always smiling and genuinely happy about coming to work each day. This company is a true jewel and if you have the opportunity to be apart of their growth then cease that opportunity. The attention they give to their staff and the amount of success they have had is due to the hard work of each and every one of their excellent team.

Once Again THANK YOU!
Pros
Cons
Being Too Great!
fun company an nice xmas parties.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX5 December 2017
working at core was like working with ur family. very friendly an helpful.i would love to come back to work an stay there until i retire. everyone that worked there tried to help each other out. the ladies n the office were very friendly.
Pros
working with friendly people.
Cons
really was no cons.
Best job EVER!!!
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX21 April 2017
Core mechanical is the best job I have ever had. This company really does a lot for their employees. They practically jump through hoops for you. There are so many benefits of working for this company. They go above and beyond to make sure that their employees are taken care of. From offering reasonably priced benefits to taking off the time you need and even supplying EVERY ONE of their employees with a company phone. Not to mention all of the technicians are supplied a fully stocked company vehicle! Core offers soo much room for advancement and there is constantly training and seminars available to everyone to continue learning and growing with the company. I only wish I had found this job sooner. I can't wait to see what else this company has in store for me, my coworkers, and the company itself!
Pros
Benefits, pay, awesome team members
Great long-term company
Sr. Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX21 April 2017
I have been at Core Mechanical since day one. This place is my 2nd home and all of my coworkers are like my family. I have grown professionally and personally, and plan on being here for a very long time. This company is a great place to grow, with plenty of opportunities to work hard and move up. A handful of our employees, myself included, were brought in at entry level and trained up to fit the jobs that we perform today. I have learned so much about this industry in my time at Core Mechanical.

The atmosphere at work is very pleasant. We all get along with each other, help and support each other, and there is never a dull moment. We are truly a team. Management is also great - again, they are like family to us. They are very understanding and open-minded.

The hardest part of the job is that it can get kind of busy - but that is a great thing. I consider it job security. The workload is definitely manageable, and on rough days we all team up and help each other out.

The most enjoyable part of the job, again, is being surrounded by awesome people. Our whole company works together as a team in ways you don't see very much anymore.
Pros
Great office culture and coworkers, endless opportunity
SImply not Good
Technician (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX23 March 2017
It is very hard to give this place anything but 1 star. Where do I begin, Ownership is completely oblivious to what is being done in the field. There is no help from "management" in any aspect of the job. The dispatcher plays favorites with certain techs. So, if you aren't one of the favorites your hours will suffer if it is not busy. The upside is new vehicles and you do not spend very much time in the office unless they wish to reprimand you for something that may or may not even be your fault. As far as ownership is concerned, you are only as good as your last trick. They will constantly talk behind your back and use you up until they don’t need you anymore. Then they will just cut your hours to make you quit. Good luck to anyone applying here. You’ve been warned.
Pros
New vehicles
Cons
Ownership, Management, Dispatch