Core-Mark International, Inc. logo
Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,316 reviews

Good place to work a little bit to relaxed for some things but over all the company does care. BBQ and different activity through out the year. Equipment is very good always a mechanic on site

Pros

Extras

Cons

Long nights

Its a bit difficult to get use too, but not boring to work at!

Great benefits and decent pay! The management is pretty easy to talk too, you get to travel all day and get paid to exercise. You can even choose to drive out of town for a route. But the only bad thing I can think of is this company, is route bidding is based on seniority.

Pros

union

Cons

pyhsical work

Management who are controlling abusers who do not display any of the companies values!

Senior Management are unqualified and not able to communicate, unwilling to listen and lack of understanding of what employees actually do in their positions! No concern or compassion for employees seem to forget employees are what make the company and their greatest assets not attending meetings and staring at spreadsheets all day!!! Pay is way under market and not valued for office staff unless your management!

division has poor employee morale in general

Only good compensation factor is insurance program---pay is on the low side; management talks a good game but favoritism is prevalent. Management has their "favorites" who can do no wrong---a double standard exists for managers versus warehouse employees.

Pros

insurance

Cons

favoritism and "socializing"

great pay and flexible schedule

Fast paced when busy. Not much room for holidays when we have to service clients and meet our obligations. It can be hectic and not good for a family situation with the work hours

Pros

work environment was free and relaxed

Cons

long hours when busy. work all through the year including holidays.

good place to work

no one bothers you much. just show up and do your job and it seems to work out great. Its fast paced but all hand bomb work. if you want to stay fit it might work out well. the pay is great but crazy busy during the summer months.

Pros

great money

Cons

over night routs

Co-Workers

The staff and my co-workers were great to be around. We worked well as a team. The employee moral is down because everyone wants to have the holiday's off but we don't get much time off and have to work extra days to get the 2 days off at Christmas and New Years.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

No holidays off

pass on this job

Not a very good job. Company does not let you have a life and there is minimal upward mobility. The pay is Fair. The atmosphere places people on edge

Pros

pay

Cons

everything

no incentives, discriminatory environment. only for whites

no proper training salary does not increase after first 10 months very dirty for a food distributor supervisors, team leads very irresponsible not professional manager works hard to make it happen but junior team sucks and pathetic.Can't even drive equipment properly Not a good strategic plan to run the place always short staffed making current staff work like donkeys politics to the extreme everyone backstabbing each other at workplace too many crybabys no unity in staff

Pros

good manager

Cons

bad junior management staff

Core-Mark

Great company. Emphasis on team work and organization. Fast-paced and ever changing work environment. Must be adaptable and will to embrace change.

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

See more jobs

Core-Mark - Good Company for Entry-Level Drivers

Very accommodating with training entry level employees. Enjoyable delivery job with great hours.

Pros

Accommodates Training

Cons

Unsafe Work Practices; Poor Work/Life Balance

Work was straight forward and productive.

Always busy at work. The management always want the employees to do so much work so they can meet certain productivity. Too much overtime and working in the freezer was too much to handle. The work is straight forward.

Pros

Cons

Freezer is too cold

Packager

The work was enjoyable. My co-workers were fun. I learned to work hard and focus on work.

Pros

Fun

Very good CSR position

The company was good to me, but difficult to work around. I had no problem getting around to accomplishing all set tasks, but finding assistance on matters requiring that departments assistance was difficult for me.

Pros

Salary, Location, Hours

no comment

When hired in, customer service and the desire to develop more independent c-stores was allegedly there priority, but myself and the territory sales manager and the sales manager disagreed.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

management

productive and yet confusing

I was originally hired for the general labourer position in a specific department, but I was bounced around a bit. Although I did have some experience using the machinery that was needed, I received very little in the way of direction and training. I was expected to just know where product was supposed to go, and was offered very little help from my co-workers when I asked basic questions.

Productive and energetic workplace environment

Operated RF scanner to pick and pack the correct product for the correct customer, kept work areas clean, operated Raymond Reach and Walkie to retrieve, move or distribute product.

Un-organized

Application made for a Fleet manager/safety position. After 2 interviews, have heard nothing in almost 2 months. Very un-professional.

There was very little employee assistance

I had issues getting help when equipment was not working and the truck drivers were not given correct delivery schedules making my job more difficult.

Pros

the pay was good, my manager lily was awesome until she was replaced by someone not as qualified

Cons

new management not very accessible, the drivers were late a lot, made customers very upset

I wouldn't send my worst enemy there.

Very mis leading, never any long weekends or Christmas vacation. Unorganized management that do not care about the workers and change your job functions when they feel like it.

Pros

not far from home

Cons

management are bullies

Company Evaluation Summary

Core-Mark was a fine company since it first started in 1888. Its main objective is to service the convenience industry. I had worked in its Calgary warehouse for nine years. I was growing frustrated because there were very little chances of career advancements. I was on the seniority list for five years. It was after I witnessed three junior members being promoted pass me that I decided to leave this dead end job. The pay was good. The working conditions were acceptable. However there were lack of communications between management and the staff.