Core-Mark International, Inc. logo
Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,316 reviews

Good place to work a little bit to relaxed for some things but over all the company does care. BBQ and different activity through out the year. Equipment is very good always a mechanic on site

Pros

Extras

Cons

Long nights

It was my dream job and company until I was thrown under the bus several times recently

I loved working here until some management changes in the last quarter of 2017 and was consequently treated very poorly even after doing my work for almost three years at the time. I learned that if you complain, stand up for yourself or challenge them in any way, you will lose in the end. At the end of the day, they're an international company (Headquartered in the U.S.) who just want you to do what they tell you to do, shut up and suck it up. Jobs are termed as "salaried", yet we submit hours and are paid by the hour. It is an expectation to put in overtime as necessary but not be compensated as jobs are classified as "salary". I had the best boss, we had a super relationship, she was always caring and helpful and I considered myself lucky to be working with her, sadly that changed and she turned on me, once again, my heart has been broken.

Wonderful Place

Working with them was very enjoyable. Has gained extensive experience in terms of customer contact and handling of their problems. As well as the training program of the institution was very effective and useful by all standards. We worked all year round and collected donations. On the management side, it was their concern to satisfy customers and apply all standards to their satisfaction. And was always keen to communicate between employees and provide a good environment so that the employee feels that he runs his own work and is keen to perfect his work and complete his duties and responsibilities to the fullest. The enterprise also has been adopting the style of stimulation and encouragement of staff and this has undoubtedly had a significant impact on the performance of employees.

High pressure

Very high expectations, with little support. Support and communications are very week. No opportunity to move forward. Staff is very frustrated and the environment is not good.

Worst work environment ever

It is amazing this company even stays in business. After a large financial fiasco the people responsible for it are still employed. If you are seeking employment there bring your red nose and oversized shoes cause it's a circus. Your opinion will not matter and if you think you there to help with the change you are not you will be used and manipulated until you are burned out. This has been by far my worst work experience ever.

Pros

Cons

Never done working.

Training was ok. After that good luck on making anyone accountable. Weekly meetings were not useful nonon efollowed through.. my mgr was never around

I asked for some progress with issues nothing changed in 3 weeks. My mgr would let me know at last min wasn t coming with me. Taking the day off. Working for a company where everyone works together and is accountable is number 1 for me, if this is important to you don t bother coming here.

Pros

Friday always comes.

Cons

Long hrs, lots of driving

Warehouse

I was a warehouse employee, The harder you work the less hours they give you. The Operations Manager at the Winnipeg location has no idea what he is doing. He spends all his time in his office and only comes out to the warehouse when he oviously has been talked to by the division president. low wages and they have no priority on safety.

Pros

employee are friendly

Cons

long hours- mess up your pay all the time.

The Calgary Division is THE WORST

When I started working for this company, it was a really exciting place with lots to learn and new opportunities for growth. The Client Care manager really cared about the people working in their department and the well being of their employees, everything from mental, physical, emotional, AND FINANCIAL well being were important to them. When it came time for raises this manager understood the workload and ensured we were compensated well for the hard work. The manager also made efforts for the team to get together for team building events to make sure we had our morale up, no matter how horrible the day was..unfortunately like that manager and a few of some other really great managers that started there, they eventually moved on or got let go for basically not agreeing with the biggest joke of that division the ..almighty new president, the new client care manger did not care about the team despite the fact that she was under the management of our previous client care manager who is the epitome of what a true leader looks like she learned nothing and destroyed whatever morale the team had left. This new “manager” got their promotion ( because they were the oldest out of all of us and the president didn’t think a younger person had the skills to lead the department..little did he know the youngest person was practically doing all of the so called Manager’s job) the new “manager” is absolutely useless, perhaps if they focused less on what their next meal is and eating or making their team run out to get them food, or how about going out for countless smoke breaks, better -

Pros

learned lots

Cons

long hours, terrible management, president of division is an idiot

great place to work

I really enjoy working at Core-Mark You do not work stats and get 3 weeks to start. car allowance and gas card is given and the management is outstanding.

Pros

management, great company

Cons

starter wage is ok

Disaster

Watch your back, scapegoating others is a way of life here. Nobody takes responsibility for their own actions. And under no circumstances do they care about the customers best interest, only their bottom line. Management a dissaster throughout, at every level.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Culture, pay, backstabbing

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

See more jobs

Hard work = good pay

I enjoy working at this company it has provided me with a lot of opportunities. If you work hard they pay you accordingly. I would recommend this job to anyone who is ready and willing to put in the work.

Productive and rewarding

Core Mark was a new business and I was hired from the beginning. I enjoyed putting my skills of logistics skills to use. I managed over 20 employees and scheduled them to deliver products to the food industry, I found the employees great to work with. The work was challenging and fulfilling. My typical day at work was scheduling drivers and routes, Safety and compliance of the fleet of trucks, licencing trucks and trailers, Log book screening for accuracy, stock rotation , customer service to our clients and driving deliveries as needed. I was also in charge of hiring drivers and road tests. The hours were sometimes long but I did not mind. The management was very good and enjoyable to work for, The hardest part for me was discipline actions toward my drivers, The most enjoyable part of work was that that there was life balance. I learned how to be diplomatic.

Pros

Salary and Benifits

Nice place to work at

its a nice place to work at co workers are ice friendly and helping . Old management was great new management is not that great to work with . i would not want to work under that management .

Great

Learned a lot with the management team. Hands on training. Great software programs. Very patient with training and potential to move ahead with company was great.

Enjoyable place to work at

Shifts not matching with life now looking for alternatives Good christmas parties and working environment working on latest equipment overall good experience

Would not refer anyone to this company

I would not refer anyone to Core-Mark. Poor management, too much favoritism and not enough leadership. No real advancement opportunities. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Benefits

Cons

Poor in all

Very nice work environment

I joined Core Mark on a short term contract and had a wonderful experience working there, helpful coworker and supportive management, commute was the toughest part but I wa sfilling in for a short contract so it was okay.

Pros

Healthy work environment

Cons

Long Commute

Not a good company

Management at Milton division is a joke. If you kiss their behinds all day long then you might get somewhere otherwise forget it. They bring in their friends and make them your boss eventhogh u been there for many many years and their friends have no experience

Pros

Vacation time and paid sick days

Not a great place

In my area their is a lot of favoritism and the management is very unorganized. Worse place I have ever worked at least in my view. Looking for other aspects.

Pros

Cons

Unorganized

Worst comany ever to work for..

This company is poorly mismanaged. You will be told to do things the company way then they will use it against.the union is broken and the drivers there will turn in each other in a heart beat

Pros

Good money

Cons

No one knows what there doing there

Worst place to work too much politics

Worst manager and racist manager. Long hours of work with no appreciation at all. Work work and work. Manager dont know the job and expect a lot from staff Manager think they own the company ,treat the staff as slaves, and HR is also worst play politics with employee, you never know when you will be thrown out

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.