Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,351 reviews

not a fun place to work, bad company moral and unprofessional

too many cutbacks at Core Mark and there is more people coming and going for different reasons. The turnover rate is going up ? Was much better place to work 5 to 7 years ago. Too many changes and they can't keep up with. Very disorderly at times and lacks functionality.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours, very physical and no consistency in scheduling

Worst Operations Management

Don't waste your time or skills. It's a bait and switch environment. You will never achieve your bonus and you are told to burn off vacation to compensate for the five day work week. So you end up losing 20% of your wage that was agreed upon when you joined. No work life balance and they do not live up to the values the company preaches. It's a toxic environment with no room to grow. Happy to move on

Pros

Na

Cons

No bonus, work days reduced to 4, burn off vacation, no work life balance

Good place to work a little bit to relaxed for some things but over all the company does care. BBQ and different activity through out the year. Equipment is very good always a mechanic on site

Pros

Extras

Cons

Long nights

Lunch room to small

Not a place that promotes team unity, always pushes for more without incentives. Long hours and forcing overtime instead of asking. Training is non existent.

Pros

Clean building

Cons

Long hours with no incentives.

Az driver london

Great place to work. If you like a fast paced environment. Hard work but you get rewarded well. First company I’ve worked for that management appreciates the drivers and work we do. I would recommend this company. Thanks for the opportunity.

Pros

Great pay good customers

Demanding but rewarding place to work

Hard work rewarded with advancement. Very high expectations. Strong development opportunities available. Strong focus on engagement. Challenging job but great accounts and co-workers

Perfect for my freelance work, they send me the files I need and give me feedback once I have finished the draft and sent it to them. Bosses are easy to work under and are very understanding.

A good place to work for. Barbecue activities and some other more.

Working for CoreMark is a very good experience. The top management of the company from the President to the managers are all down-to-earth. They wont make you feel uneasy.

Culture is terrible

Most people that work here I found had a very negative attitude and management I think mirrored that back onto his workers, or vice versa, and made for a very negative place to work at

Will not recommend anyone to work here

Management is a huge MESS!!! No job security, no work life balance, exploitation of working hours, forced and threatened to work overtime without being paid for it or you will lose your job :(

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

See more jobs

Great Place to work at

A normal day at work is usually a long day of hard work. working in a fast paced environment all day but when you understand the job it becomes pretty easy.

Meh

They do things in the strangest way possible. Everything they do makes the distribution process far more difficult than it needs to be. The management certainly needs to work on maximizing efficiency

Pros

Not much

Cons

Boring bland work place. no effort to enjoy work at all

High pressure

Very high expectations, with little support. Support and communications are very week. No opportunity to move forward. Staff is very frustrated and the environment is not good.

Training was ok. After that good luck on making anyone accountable. Weekly meetings were not useful nonon efollowed through.. my mgr was never around

I asked for some progress with issues nothing changed in 3 weeks. My mgr would let me know at last min wasn t coming with me. Taking the day off. Working for a company where everyone works together and is accountable is number 1 for me, if this is important to you don t bother coming here.

Pros

Friday always comes.

Cons

Long hrs, lots of driving

Warehouse

I was a warehouse employee, The harder you work the less hours they give you. The Operations Manager at the Winnipeg location has no idea what he is doing. He spends all his time in his office and only comes out to the warehouse when he oviously has been talked to by the division president. low wages and they have no priority on safety.

Pros

employee are friendly

Cons

long hours- mess up your pay all the time.

The Calgary Division is THE WORST

When I started working for this company, it was a really exciting place with lots to learn and new opportunities for growth. The Client Care manager really cared about the people working in their department and the well being of their employees, everything from mental, physical, emotional, AND FINANCIAL well being were important to them. When it came time for raises this manager understood the workload and ensured we were compensated well for the hard work. The manager also made efforts for the team to get together for team building events to make sure we had our morale up, no matter how horrible the day was..unfortunately like that manager and a few of some other really great managers that started there, they eventually moved on or got let go for basically not agreeing with the biggest joke of that division the ..almighty new president, the new client care manger did not care about the team despite the fact that she was under the management of our previous client care manager who is the epitome of what a true leader looks like she learned nothing and destroyed whatever morale the team had left. This new “manager” got their promotion ( because they were the oldest out of all of us and the president didn’t think a younger person had the skills to lead the department..little did he know the youngest person was practically doing all of the so called Manager’s job) the new “manager” is absolutely useless, perhaps if they focused less on what their next meal is and eating or making their team run out to get them food, or how about going out for countless smoke breaks, better -

Pros

learned lots

Cons

long hours, terrible management, president of division is an idiot

Hard work = good pay

I enjoy working at this company it has provided me with a lot of opportunities. If you work hard they pay you accordingly. I would recommend this job to anyone who is ready and willing to put in the work.

Great

Learned a lot with the management team. Hands on training. Great software programs. Very patient with training and potential to move ahead with company was great.

Enjoyable place to work at

Shifts not matching with life now looking for alternatives Good christmas parties and working environment working on latest equipment overall good experience

Worst comany ever to work for..

This company is poorly mismanaged. You will be told to do things the company way then they will use it against.the union is broken and the drivers there will turn in each other in a heart beat

Pros

Good money

Cons

No one knows what there doing there

Worst place to work too much politics

Worst manager and racist manager. Long hours of work with no appreciation at all. Work work and work. Manager dont know the job and expect a lot from staff Manager think they own the company ,treat the staff as slaves, and HR is also worst play politics with employee, you never know when you will be thrown out

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance