Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Pay & benefits reviews: Warehouse Associate

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,368 reviews

Hours were excessive and no real understanding/ communication between management and other staff members

Overall a great job to start off at in warehouse but the high expectation demand for the compensation of our work was not there. Hours were excessive from 3 pm to 6 am , 7 am the latest. A piece of advice is don’t be too good or you just Get worked to death with no real appreciation for your job. It was a good and bad place. But you pretty much spend all your time here. There’s other issues from inside but people just look the other way. There’s favoritism and no regard for what employees seem to be going through

Pros

45 min lunch, overtime

Cons

Mandatory overtime with no sense of work life balance.

5 August 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Warehouse Associate at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

Long hours. Some cool people

Job is trash. Worked long hours and was never rewarded. Coremark is just not a very good company overall to work for. Also the union they had in Vegas didn’t really fight for you at all.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Pay sucks.

13 September 2021

Overtime/Understaffed

I enjoyed my time here for the most part, I felt a sense of comradery among myself and coworkers, management was friendly but improper management of employees, understaffing, among other issues led to constantly long work days (14+ hours)

Pros

Long lunch

19 May 2021
Thank you for reaching out. Please know that we take feedback seriously and we will use it to help improve the Core-Mark experience for all. If there’s anything more you’d like to add you can reach me directly by emailing lianne.daues@core-mark.

Benefits are actually very good. Unfortunately, pay is low and hours are very long.

Not worth what little you are paid as a warehouse selector. As a selector, I was expendable, overworked and very underpaid. Bi weekly pay is also a downside for most people. No sense of teamwork.

7 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Core-Mark did not match our intentions. If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com so that we can set up a time to talk.

Upper management completely sucks, middle management is the only reason this place is afloat

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Core-Mark International, Inc. are the pay recently increased yet they are trying to cut overtime. The benefits are good as well just make sure you enroll in them ASAP

Plenty of work, great benefits. Poor management

Very negative and stressful warehouse environment. Also, management was bias towards AA especially with pay. Good opportunities and great benefits just needs to get better leadership, crack down on employee altercations, provide better training with equipment, manager just makes you ride ride around in the warehouse just going in circles. Training is also not provided by lead who does not help. Transportation has better management and more opportunities on the road, cdl training program they have is one of the better highlights of this company. Overall great company if you move up.

I loved working there. I had the best pair of leads. I dont know if im able to mention names but if

I had kind coworkers,and my pay was pretty decent. There was so much room to advance within the warehouse and I miss working with the company as a whole.

Great but needs improvement

The pay was reasonable. The schedules were reasonable. They offered Full benefits/insurance. The work descriptions are straight forward and reasonable. When you needed management to help you with something they would help to the best of their ability. The commute was a great commute. They breakroom was a good sized breakroom with great amenities such as a snack bar, microwaves, coffee machine, refrigerator, shelving units. For the most part, people were friendly and helpful and not annoying or mean. Although the parking lot was a disaster. The parking lot was vehicle parking and truck parking in the same spot so trucks would block parking spots making it really difficult for cars to get in or get out. often times, I'd have to go out of my way to ask the trucker to move his truck so I can leave the spot. also the lines and machinerey were so faulty and so out of order. boxes would get stuck and jam and fall off and what not, and machines would be glitching, all causing us to work even harder than what is needed thus, causing overtime which due to being so tired and working the night shift, I at the time of my employment at Core-Mark International had little to no social life and didn't go out as much as I would've like to. And, at the end of my time at Core-Mark International, I was fired due to an incident where I was drinking water and the dock lead got mad at me and falsely accused me of standing around and being off task. I tried to calmly and respectfully to tell him that all I did was get a drink of water and then he accused me of yelling at him when I was not yelling at -

Management deprives you of your self worth

Management ignores your concerns. They have an insensitive package in place however they also have a system that doesn't help you earn that incentive. During hiring process, the incentive package is heavily advertised, in all reality it just benefits the management. They do not practice and believe in employee value, or family core values. The old times there are like the zombies. You

Good Company

Very organized and established company. Great managers and the pay was good to start out. Company also offered full benefits after 90 days. Which is always a plus especially when the paid for most of cost

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

Warehouse Associate positions
See more jobs

Overall terrible experience

(Las Vegas) Intially the job was ok... we had overtime on the daily basis but nothing overwhelming. Once they started losing contracts they shortened the staff leaving the work load for the remaining staff. 14 hour shifts became the norm and management acted as if it was the fault of employees. I made some money but nothing substantial... the benefits are great but outside of that it’s not worth not having a life.

Benefits

Cons

No work, life balance, pay should be higher for full case positions

Physically challenging and stressful if your a hard worker.

The days were long the work was hard at times. Pay wasn't very fair as you can be doing the job of 3 people but getting paid the same as the laziest of workers. Lots of overtime though so the checks will be good but its a shame what you have to sacrifice for it

Great Benefits

This company has great benefits, but the pay compared to most warehouse's of this stature is not compatible. Must have a very flexible work schedule as well.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Pay is low

Poor management warehouse nights

They cut our pay from 20.00 an hour to 13.00 an hour. I have a family to support and now i have to leave the company. They didnt even give us notice until the day our paychecks came in.

Pass

This will work if you are in your early twenties looking for a real job. The hours are long and the manual labour is gruelling. I suppose if you still live with your parents and don't have bills to pay this would not be a bad gig and you could work up to something better in time, possibly a very long time though. Management is a bunch of whip crackers. Like I said if your 23 and going to school trying to get a real job, this is just a filler job...terrible company. The only benefit is the medical insurance is cheap but I was not there long enough to get in on it as I found something better after two weeks. I was absolutely miserable at this place. They only give a half hour lunch so if you want to go offsite to get a burger forget about it. But what else can you expect working in a warehouse?

Pros

heath insurance

Cons

short breaks

Too much drama .. supervisers don't follow rules that are implemented. supervisors managers corporate does NOT care about employees make you work long hours tell you that you have to stay long because other employees didn't show checks are short, raises are taken back poor communication

Pros

hours

Cons

everything

Loved it

This was a great place to work. They offered as much overtime as I could work. They hired and fired a lot but if you were a good order selector you were safe. The culture and environment are enjoyable. Most of the management team are good. Extra days are optional. If you can handle hard work you'll like it.

Pros

Plenty of OT, Enjoyable Co-workers, Decent Culture

Cons

If you're a hard worker you might be the only one left picking in eaches at 5 am, this is how I made that $$$ here though.

Nice coworkers

Don't expect to support your family on the pay from here. Oh, and if you sign up for direct deposit......it take months. Also, when you sign up for medical insurance, they can't even get that right, they gave me a different company than I signed up for. Plus, My W-2 had the wrong Social Security number on it!!

Pros

Coworkers were very helpful

Cons

Low pay, No future

Beware

If you are perfect & never make "a" mistake, this is the job for you!! Make one mistake (with no proof) that you did it, they're showing you the door! In the meantime, if you sign up for direct deposit......don't hold your breath for that one, It takes months. Also, I signed for Geisinger medical ins. & they send me United healthcare cards! Plus, they also put the wrong social security number on my W-2!!! They pay horrible too!!! Don't expect to support a family or pay rent with your paycheck from them!!

Pros

The best co-workers around

Cons

Lousy pay, No job security here

Distrubution warehouse

Long hours and poor management. They offer overtime but send u home early at the end of week. Great safety practice and proper training.

Pros

Health Insurance

Good experience

Gained a variety of useful knowledge involving warehouse management and how data systems are used to organize product, with useful benefits.

Cons

Hours somewhat inflexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9