Core-Mark International, Inc. logo
Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,316 reviews

Interesting places to be

On road and seeing lots of rural accounts. Built up good relationships with stores and their staff, Created different approaches at store front using our products,

Feel like a family

Due to covid there were layoffs I was one ....loved my job before that .started as temporary then became permanent layoff with no hire back .I enjoyed working here but with the restructure not sure what it is like

Benefits

Cons

No job security due to covid

Bad management, no support for humanity

Great staff, great atmosphere but isolating if you’re not office staff. Then new management came in late 2014 and cut staff in terrible ways by finding loop holes in legalities. I don’t know how they could sleep at night!

decent company

decent sales position, low start salary under new management small Toronto office no car supplied takes toll on wear, tear & mileage gas paid large territory to cover

Canadian Wholesale Disaster...Your next Job will be Better

Core-Mark is a wholesaler of products for the convenience channel in the U.S.& Canada. The reputation of the companies service has long been a concern for the industry in the Ontario, Canada market place. There are some good people there but the general sales management is poor and customers suffer. I worked there as a sales representative for years and tried to make a difference, my customers appreciated the effort but fighting weak management practices, poor customer service policies, changing pricing and a lack of customer care worked against the sales focus. Core-Mark tries to do too much and thus fails. The focus should be on WHOLESALING. Once a few general management (manager) changes occur the Ontario Division could recover. If you are considering Core-Mark as a long time career, re-evaluate your options. Short term roles to gain experience are fine but be prepared to work with tough leadership if you want to stay "on the bus". The salary is below average as wholesalers are not known for their high wages. It's not a profitable business trucking water, salt and cigs to convenience stores. Harley Davidson changed and Core-Mark can too. A FRESH approach is needed but if you apply, come to work, put in your time and have a High School Diploma - you may even become General Manager someday. Keep your head low, your mouth shut and don't try to improve the process and you will be fine. There will always be jobs available at Core-Mark.

Pros

Flexibility, inspirational sales meetings, summer BBQ's.

Cons

General Sales Manager. Management by Intimidation, Bonus Sturture, low salary

It was my dream job and company until I was thrown under the bus several times recently

I loved working here until some management changes in the last quarter of 2017 and was consequently treated very poorly even after doing my work for almost three years at the time. I learned that if you complain, stand up for yourself or challenge them in any way, you will lose in the end. At the end of the day, they're an international company (Headquartered in the U.S.) who just want you to do what they tell you to do, shut up and suck it up. Jobs are termed as "salaried", yet we submit hours and are paid by the hour. It is an expectation to put in overtime as necessary but not be compensated as jobs are classified as "salary". I had the best boss, we had a super relationship, she was always caring and helpful and I considered myself lucky to be working with her, sadly that changed and she turned on me, once again, my heart has been broken.

Training was ok. After that good luck on making anyone accountable. Weekly meetings were not useful nonon efollowed through.. my mgr was never around

I asked for some progress with issues nothing changed in 3 weeks. My mgr would let me know at last min wasn t coming with me. Taking the day off. Working for a company where everyone works together and is accountable is number 1 for me, if this is important to you don t bother coming here.

Pros

Friday always comes.

Cons

Long hrs, lots of driving

great place to work

I really enjoy working at Core-Mark You do not work stats and get 3 weeks to start. car allowance and gas card is given and the management is outstanding.

Pros

management, great company

Cons

starter wage is ok

Nice place to work at

its a nice place to work at co workers are ice friendly and helping . Old management was great new management is not that great to work with . i would not want to work under that management .

pass on this job

Not a very good job. Company does not let you have a life and there is minimal upward mobility. The pay is Fair. The atmosphere places people on edge

Pros

pay

Cons

everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.
  • Sales Representative