Core-Mark International, Inc. logo
Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Milton, ON

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,316 reviews

Good place to work a little bit to relaxed for some things but over all the company does care. BBQ and different activity through out the year. Equipment is very good always a mechanic on site

Pros

Extras

Cons

Long nights

Lunch room to small

Not a place that promotes team unity, always pushes for more without incentives. Long hours and forcing overtime instead of asking. Training is non existent.

Pros

Clean building

Cons

Long hours with no incentives.

Working there

very poor management. People get used and abused. If you try to make changes you are quickly removed. If you stand up for things you will be removed. I would not recommend this place until

Good benefits bad management

Management is a joke they constantly lie and are unprofessional. The job can be rough at times and the hours very long. Don’t trust anyone in core-mark Nobody cares about your concerns.

Official response from Core-Mark International, Inc.

4 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Core-Mark did not match our intentions. If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback.

Great people

Overall a great working environment. Enjoyed the job, could have done much better in planning for busy season. Caused unnecessary strain on all members of staff

Fine

Physically demanding. Most of the time you are by yourself as you deliver to 10-25 stops in a tractor trailer. Corporate company. Good health benefits.

They like to promote the company as a family. It's far from it!

It's one of the worse warehouses I have ever worked at. Safety is not a priority in this warehouse and when you get hurt, they don't care. It's a real task to get management to create an accident report. It is not shocking to see the occasional fist fight. The women order pickers are constantly fighting with each other. Management thinks that if they give you a BBQ and hotdogs lunch occasionally that they are doing a great thing. Don’t bother to go to the Xmas party that is given in February when it’s cheaper. You are given 1 drink and the food is really bad. The benefits are not that good either. There are better companies out there. It’s a revolving door in the warehouse and the office. Don’t work at the Milton Core-Mark.

Official response from Core-Mark International, Inc.

4 June 2020
Thank you for reaching out. We are taking these comments seriously. The safety and security of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. If you could please follow up with us by reaching out to lianne.daues@core-mark.com, we’d greatly appreciate it.

decent company

decent sales position, low start salary under new management small Toronto office no car supplied takes toll on wear, tear & mileage gas paid large territory to cover

Core mark company is very good company and the employees are very helpful. They give respect to their co-workers. The management is to good at working location

A good place to work for. Barbecue activities and some other more.

Working for CoreMark is a very good experience. The top management of the company from the President to the managers are all down-to-earth. They wont make you feel uneasy.

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

in Milton, ON
See more jobs

Customer Service Representative, Milton ON

Management needs a complete overhaul. Despite their claims to improving overall work environment and atmosphere, this is not the case. Non management are just numbers, nothing more. There is no room for advancement and very poor salary. This company claims to be competitive with salaries, however in customer service this is not the case. Very stressful with next to no compensation. If you're considering applying for a position in customer service, rethink this move. You'll go nowhere fast.

Pros

Co-workers are a great team despite poor management.

Cons

Poor, poor, poor wages. Not even a Christmas bonus.

Canadian Wholesale Disaster...Your next Job will be Better

Core-Mark is a wholesaler of products for the convenience channel in the U.S.& Canada. The reputation of the companies service has long been a concern for the industry in the Ontario, Canada market place. There are some good people there but the general sales management is poor and customers suffer. I worked there as a sales representative for years and tried to make a difference, my customers appreciated the effort but fighting weak management practices, poor customer service policies, changing pricing and a lack of customer care worked against the sales focus. Core-Mark tries to do too much and thus fails. The focus should be on WHOLESALING. Once a few general management (manager) changes occur the Ontario Division could recover. If you are considering Core-Mark as a long time career, re-evaluate your options. Short term roles to gain experience are fine but be prepared to work with tough leadership if you want to stay "on the bus". The salary is below average as wholesalers are not known for their high wages. It's not a profitable business trucking water, salt and cigs to convenience stores. Harley Davidson changed and Core-Mark can too. A FRESH approach is needed but if you apply, come to work, put in your time and have a High School Diploma - you may even become General Manager someday. Keep your head low, your mouth shut and don't try to improve the process and you will be fine. There will always be jobs available at Core-Mark.

Pros

Flexibility, inspirational sales meetings, summer BBQ's.

Cons

General Sales Manager. Management by Intimidation, Bonus Sturture, low salary

Meh

They do things in the strangest way possible. Everything they do makes the distribution process far more difficult than it needs to be. The management certainly needs to work on maximizing efficiency

Pros

Not much

Cons

Boring bland work place. no effort to enjoy work at all

Productive and rewarding

Core Mark was a new business and I was hired from the beginning. I enjoyed putting my skills of logistics skills to use. I managed over 20 employees and scheduled them to deliver products to the food industry, I found the employees great to work with. The work was challenging and fulfilling. My typical day at work was scheduling drivers and routes, Safety and compliance of the fleet of trucks, licencing trucks and trailers, Log book screening for accuracy, stock rotation , customer service to our clients and driving deliveries as needed. I was also in charge of hiring drivers and road tests. The hours were sometimes long but I did not mind. The management was very good and enjoyable to work for, The hardest part for me was discipline actions toward my drivers, The most enjoyable part of work was that that there was life balance. I learned how to be diplomatic.

Pros

Salary and Benifits

Would not refer anyone to this company

I would not refer anyone to Core-Mark. Poor management, too much favoritism and not enough leadership. No real advancement opportunities. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Benefits

Cons

Poor in all

Very nice work environment

I joined Core Mark on a short term contract and had a wonderful experience working there, helpful coworker and supportive management, commute was the toughest part but I wa sfilling in for a short contract so it was okay.

Pros

Healthy work environment

Cons

Long Commute

Not a good company

Management at Milton division is a joke. If you kiss their behinds all day long then you might get somewhere otherwise forget it. They bring in their friends and make them your boss eventhogh u been there for many many years and their friends have no experience

Pros

Vacation time and paid sick days

Not a great place

In my area their is a lot of favoritism and the management is very unorganized. Worse place I have ever worked at least in my view. Looking for other aspects.

Pros

Cons

Unorganized

Worst place to work too much politics

Worst manager and racist manager. Long hours of work with no appreciation at all. Work work and work. Manager dont know the job and expect a lot from staff Manager think they own the company ,treat the staff as slaves, and HR is also worst play politics with employee, you never know when you will be thrown out

Cons

Management who are controlling abusers who do not display any of the companies values!

Senior Management are unqualified and not able to communicate, unwilling to listen and lack of understanding of what employees actually do in their positions! No concern or compassion for employees seem to forget employees are what make the company and their greatest assets not attending meetings and staring at spreadsheets all day!!! Pay is way under market and not valued for office staff unless your management!

great pay and flexible schedule

Fast paced when busy. Not much room for holidays when we have to service clients and meet our obligations. It can be hectic and not good for a family situation with the work hours

Pros

work environment was free and relaxed

Cons

long hours when busy. work all through the year including holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.
  • Milton, ON