Core-Mark International, Inc.
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Working at Core-Mark International, Inc.: Latest Core-Mark International, Inc. Reviews

Canada90 reviews

Found 90 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,475 reviews

not a fun place to work, bad company moral and unprofessional

too many cutbacks at Core Mark and there is more people coming and going for different reasons. The turnover rate is going up ? Was much better place to work 5 to 7 years ago. Too many changes and they can't keep up with. Very disorderly at times and lacks functionality.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours, very physical and no consistency in scheduling

Don’t even think about working for them

Absolute worst place I have ever worked there isn’t a whole lot more to say about the place I’m just surprised to still see their trucks on the roads.

Pros

Cons

Get into bad health pretty fast hernia hbp stress etc

Insights into Core-Mark International, Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Well established company

Room for advancent, tons of training and learning opportunities, and very team oriented. Very friendly staff and accommodating management. Overall a good place to work.

Hard labour work but great pay for what you do.

Solid trucking job. Physical labour but well compensated. Delivering candy and other goods to gas stations and convenience stores. Bringing back empty totes.

3 March 2022
We’re so happy your experience at Core-Mark as a driver has been positive. And thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re always aiming to be better and do better.

Great place for starters

Great place for beginners, operations manager running place into the ground. Pay for warehouse not keeping up with competition. Less staff more overtime, burning employees out. Loads don't get out on-time causing more overtime for drivers. Very toxic work environment in warehouse caused by lack of staffing by management. Everything is blamed on covid.

1 March 2022
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. Please contact me at Jennifer.vanRensburg@core-mark.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place. Best of luck to you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Terrible work place.

Don’t waste your time here. Management is brutal. And very condescending. Travel is 1000km on your OWN vehicle. ( they don’t tell you that in the interview) Your away from home most of the week. And is not a benefiting job.

Pros

Weekends off.

Cons

On call 24/7. Management is brutal. Very condescending. 1000km a week travel. Never home.

Lack of integrity at Management Level

Management was corrupt and lots of stuff hidden from corporate.Lots of turnover in the short period I was there.No training, no support from other divisions or corporate.

Poor management

After hiring they don’t stay on there words,and even doesn’t pay accurately for the work done. Poor management ..for better future and health avoid this company for working.

Many good people, good place to work

It has proper system in the whole company. I worked in the Calgary office, we have HR, Admin, Accounting, AR and credit, customer services. Employees work as a team, we chatted a lot.

Worst Operations Management

Don't waste your time or skills. It's a bait and switch environment. You will never achieve your bonus and you are told to burn off vacation to compensate for the five day work week. So you end up losing 20% of your wage that was agreed upon when you joined. No work life balance and they do not live up to the values the company preaches. It's a toxic environment with no room to grow. Happy to move on

Pros

Na

Cons

No bonus, work days reduced to 4, burn off vacation, no work life balance

Changes are good

Most people are great to work with but some management could be nicer. Every year is getting better and we like the new hr people are very helpful more than the old people. The texas head office people creates more work for everyone and doesnt understand what is happening. The work place is very fast paced and challenging.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Corporate Texas is out of touch and out of line

Good place to work a little bit to relaxed for some things but over all the company does care. BBQ and different activity through out the year. Equipment is very good always a mechanic on site

Pros

Extras

Cons

Long nights

Feel like a family

Due to covid there were layoffs I was one ....loved my job before that .started as temporary then became permanent layoff with no hire back .I enjoyed working here but with the restructure not sure what it is like

Benefits

Cons

No job security due to covid

Lunch room to small

Not a place that promotes team unity, always pushes for more without incentives. Long hours and forcing overtime instead of asking. Training is non existent.

Pros

Clean building

Cons

Long hours with no incentives.

Working there

very poor management. People get used and abused. If you try to make changes you are quickly removed. If you stand up for things you will be removed. I would not recommend this place until

Az driver london

Great place to work. If you like a fast paced environment. Hard work but you get rewarded well. First company I’ve worked for that management appreciates the drivers and work we do. I would recommend this company. Thanks for the opportunity.

Pros

Great pay good customers

No training provided

Overall it's a small branch here in Calgary. My position was newly created by the director of Calgary Operations and they bumped up my yearly salary by $5k after adding some additional responsibilities to my role. Later after I joined and I found out that a senior employee of mine is already doing my job. The difference was my title has a lead in it. Following a couple of informal meetings with the director, it seemed like the senior management was unable to get this employee to change to their expectations so it was made clear to me that I should start putting that employee's main responsibilities on my plate and eventually fire him if necessary. I wasn't sure at the time how performance coaching became this difficult with this employee or it was the union environment. Consequently, the management style of this division was in question as this employee turned out to be a great guy with great knowledge. Ever since the beginning, I became sidelined by other employees who were defending this employee. The ones that were supposed to train me were never available by phone or text. The company also doesn't have a formal training program. Upon my review, they were dissatisfied with my performance. Their answer to no training was that it's a fast-paced company so why should they provide training. I found this claim to be extremely bothersome. Especially given the fact that I hadn't worked in the sector and was recruited from a different sector for my talent and transferrable skills. So what was my real job responsibility? Fire my senior employee and take his job. Real classy.

Pros

Pay and bonus, decent mileage reimbursement, slow-paced environment

Cons

Politics and discrimination

Interesting places to be

On road and seeing lots of rural accounts. Built up good relationships with stores and their staff, Created different approaches at store front using our products,

Run away

Drivers are overworked with way too many deliveries for one person a day. lack of respect for management They seem to think drivers are just a number Way too many safety issues i.e. inexperienced drivers. Drivers using other peoples E logs because they are over the hours of service and management doesn’t do anything when they’re called out about it

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Your a Slave

Good job that could be much better

Unreasonable loads. Too many stops, too much to deliver in a day on routes that's way too far from vancouver. Very long exhausting days. Good pay, good equipment and benefits but most of the guys quit within a week or so because is way too much work for one person especially the lifting part. It was not a good experience for me. Ended up getting sick and hurt at the end of my term

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

Good benefits bad management

Management is a joke they constantly lie and are unprofessional. The job can be rough at times and the hours very long. Don’t trust anyone in core-mark Nobody cares about your concerns.

4 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry that your experience at Core-Mark did not match our intentions. If you would like to share more about your experiences, please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you again for the feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.