Core-Mark International, Inc.
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,354 reviews

not a fun place to work, bad company moral and unprofessional

too many cutbacks at Core Mark and there is more people coming and going for different reasons. The turnover rate is going up ? Was much better place to work 5 to 7 years ago. Too many changes and they can't keep up with. Very disorderly at times and lacks functionality.

Pros

good pay

Cons

long hours, very physical and no consistency in scheduling

Delivery Driver

They pay by stops, cubes and mileage. On a usual day I came into the office to do my paperwork at around 3:30 am and on a usual day I got out of work between 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm. (14-17 hours a day). I made just under $600.00 a week.My friend who worked for them for over a year never got his signing bonus. Your stops have unreasonable requests, expectations and the home office freaks out if you didn’t finish your paperwork fast enough. I had around 3 days of training. On my weekends my body was so beat up that I couldn’t physically get out of bed.

Pros

They put drivers in 5 star hotels in onboarding.

Cons

Everything!!! Don’t do it!

Great People

Great People working here. It's not hard work but not easy fast pace. Unload everything using a hard truck. It's a good work out for your legs. If you like working outside and don't mind the cold or heat you'll last long.

Pros

Great Pay!!! Coworker are awesome!!!

Cons

Benefits could be better

Good paying job but you earn every penny. Long hours and physically demanding delivering food and beverages. This job will keep you shape so don't plan to come in and sit behind the wheel unless you do linehaul.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Physical work

Easy work but pay is low

Core Mark wasn't a bad place to work. The work was really easy and some people you got along with. So I made some friends there. The pay was just too low in my opinion.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay

23 September 2021
Thank you for leaving a review and sharing your experience at Core-Mark. Please know that we take feedback seriously. We will review your comments and consider making adjustments on our end based on your comments. Please reach out if you’d like to discuss your experience further by emailing Jennifer.vanRensburg@core-mark.com..

Poor management Heavy work load good employees

Very poor management keeps bringing in larger and larger quantities and not being able to support the staff in send out the larger amount of product Causing both shifts to work ridiculous amount of hours. Management continues to Put shifts against one another saying oh it's 1st shift fault it's 2nd shift fault Causing the company not to work as a whole

Pros

Good coworkers and day supervisor

Cons

Upper management (division level) massive work load understaffed

20 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at Jennifer.vanRensburg@core-mark.com.

Terrible management

It's only good if you're starting with your CDL but otherwise they don't care about the driver, terrible routing, terrible management and you deal with the most terrible customers they have. It's hard work, lots of physical work and lifting, it's even hard just to get one day off and you never have a set route It's always different they have you going to different places 200 miles away from home and they expect you to finish your route withing the 14 hours on your XRS. The only good thing It's Monday to Fridays and weekends off. Also their equipment sucks everything is old and it's hard for them to get it fixed.

20 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Driver at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at Jennifer.vanRensburg@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

If you have no life at all this is the job for you

poor scheduling, will not pay you per-diem, company wants you to work 60 hours or more weekly, I quit after getting 2 full weeks 120+ hours, made 720$

Pros

Kind and cool staff

Cons

They will rip you off to save company money

15 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Driver at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

Fast-paced work environment

Working as a part-time employee, I don't have much to complain about. But evaluating how my peers were treated, it was bad. OT over 12 hours every night. Literally every employee that came before me quit before I ended up quitting. When this happened, they would stick me or whoever was experienced in a line by themselves to pick orders and it was always over 10,000 items per line to pick every night. Just glad I was part-time so I left at the end of my shift. Also, when I told my supervisor that I'd been in contact with someone with COVID-19, he told me to just stay at work with no regards to other employees safety. I told him I don't think I should stay & left immediately to take a test.

15 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark. The safety and security of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. If you could please follow up with us by reaching out to lianne.daues@core-mark.com as soon as possible, we’d greatly appreciate it. I’d also like to encourage you to also reach out to your local Human Resources department to share more about your experience. Thank you again for the feedback.

Good place to work.

Liked working here. Good coworkers and environment was positive. Safety was a priority and every so often we get free lunch and management appreciated your hard work.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break

15 September 2021
We’re so happy your experience at Core-Mark was positive. And thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re always aiming to be better and do better.

Jobs at Core-Mark International, Inc.

See more jobs

Long hours. Some cool people

Job is trash. Worked long hours and was never rewarded. Coremark is just not a very good company overall to work for. Also the union they had in Vegas didn’t really fight for you at all.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Pay sucks.

13 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Warehouse Associate at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

well established company

well established company - a good place to work, could work on employee advancement - then would be a great place to work. co-workers are supportive and hardworking.

9 September 2021
We’re so happy that your experience here at Core-Mark was a positive one! We’re always striving to make this feel more like a family than a workplace. We welcome all feedback – please feel free to reach out with any additional comments at lianne.daues@core-mark.com.

Its alright for beginners

This is basically a good job for people who have just gotten their CDL. It will teach you to get good at your backing and maneuvering. Will work you everyday. Incompetent management.

Pros

Benefits, good driving experience

Cons

Management, touch freight

7 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark, but we're happy to hear about the pros that you experienced as a Truck Driver. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

Overall it is a good place to work. Sometimes the work spills over into your off time but a lot of jobs do. Sometimes communication can be better. Pay has been fair

7 September 2021
Thank you for sharing about your positive experience at Core-Mark. And thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re always aiming to be better and do better!

Horrible

Way too much overtime. The shift is 4pm to 2am. There are times you can end up getting out at 8am! The managers and supervisors will get upset if you complain to them about that. You can not leave until your line is done. Very understaffed.

Pros

clocking out.

Cons

Overworked and underpayed

7 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience as a Picker/Packer. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions.If there’s anything more you’d like to add you can reach me directly by emailing lianne.daues@core-mark.com.

Too much turnover, issues ignored by upper management

Cut throat business by company and customers Poor support by management structure in supporting field sales. Operations and Transportation departments are beyond being ridiculously bad in meeting customer expectations, while sales team is expected to gain and maintain business, a constant conflict. Potential customers considering doing business with company should consider other competitors for supply needs. This review is for the Forrest City division of Core-Mark, a horrible example of how a Fortune 200 company should operate. Posted company values are misleading.

Pros

Relationships gained with honest customers

Cons

Corporate America, can’t separate from technology, ie: phone, emails, never ending conference calls

7 September 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience at Core-Mark Forrest City. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. Please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com so that we can set up a time to talk. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place. Best of luck to you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Underpaid and Overworked

A typical day for Full Case involves operating a pallet jack, and selecting/stacking products according to a headset with RF scanner. In my case, I was in the cooler stacking dairy and juice. Management is under the thumb of penny pinching accountants. Since the company is chronically understaffed, what employees that do stick around are often resentful of newcomer's growing pains. There was a lot of gossip behind each other's backs. The hardest part of the job was the physical toll that consistent 10-12+ hours does to your body. Everyone there is rundown. Even the managers, who seem to never go home. I did a 15 hour shift on my second week of employment. Because I'm a "team player". When I finally went home at 7:30 AM, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at how stupid exhausted I was. Everyone laboring there needs to be paid a lot more, it's no wonder they can't find employees.

Pros

Occasionally get free food, Good benefits

Cons

Long hours, money over people

25 August 2021
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Full Case Picker at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to talk more, please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com.

Never home

I once worked 20 hour shift and they expect me to go in 5 hours after that shift I also live 30 minutes away. Also this job isn’t for someone with a family because you’re never home

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Everything else

23 August 2021
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Driver at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. If you'd like to discuss this matter further please contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com.

Not for the faint and weak

Been here for about a yr, seen ppl come & go. Can be frustrating and a lot of managers don’t help you to understand learn or get better. Had 1 guy who cared a lot but he left. They just got a new manager again who seems different like someone we need. Ain’t holding my breath about it tho. Theres something really wrong and change is needed. We want to make this game better but we can’t do it without the right help.

Pros

It’s a job and solid work

Cons

Work life balance is horrible

Steady work but excessive overtime.

Way too many work hours. You hire on being told you'll work 8 hours a day and within a week your working 11 or more hours a day. Constant criticism by supervisors no matter how hard or how well you do your job. Junk equipment that was tapped together and barely functioned. Lots of promises to fix or replace but no action taken. Ask for time for medical appointments and your told make appointments for after work hours, all well and good if your out on scheduled time but not possible with their overtime rules. Leave anyway and get written up. Day shift is the work mules and have to clean up night shifts mess before even starting their own assign ed duties. Very unfair policy in my opinion. If you live to work then this is the place for you, otherwise run away as fast as possible....

Pros

Indoor work. Occasionally free food.

Cons

Excessive overtime. No work/life balance.

23 August 2021
We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience as a Warehouse Worker at Core-Mark. We take our reputation and the happiness of our employees very seriously and are sincerely apologetic that your experience did not meet our intentions. Feel free to contact me at lianne.daues@core-mark.com if you have anything else to add. Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make Core-Mark a better place.

Poorly Managed

Not a good place to work. They play with your money, they lie to you in your face, they practice all around bad business. They actually were brought out, and you would need to do research to know that🤷🏾‍♂️

20 August 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.