Core-Mark International, Inc. logo
View all Core-Mark International, Inc. reviews

Core-Mark International, Inc.

Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Review

No training provided

Overall it's a small branch here in Calgary. My position was newly created by the director of Calgary Operations and they bumped up my yearly salary by $5k after adding some additional responsibilities to my role. Later after I joined and I found out that a senior employee of mine is already doing my job. The difference was my title has a lead in it. Following a couple of informal meetings with the director, it seemed like the senior management was unable to get this employee to change to their expectations so it was made clear to me that I should start putting that employee's main responsibilities on my plate and eventually fire him if necessary. I wasn't sure at the time how performance coaching became this difficult with this employee or it was the union environment. Consequently, the management style of this division was in question as this employee turned out to be a great guy with great knowledge. Ever since the beginning, I became sidelined by other employees who were defending this employee. The ones that were supposed to train me were never available by phone or text. The company also doesn't have a formal training program. Upon my review, they were dissatisfied with my performance. Their answer to no training was that it's a fast-paced company so why should they provide training. I found this claim to be extremely bothersome. Especially given the fact that I hadn't worked in the sector and was recruited from a different sector for my talent and transferrable skills. So what was my real job responsibility? Fire my senior employee and take his job. Real classy.

Pros

Pay and bonus, decent mileage reimbursement, slow-paced environment

Cons

Politics and discrimination

3.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Many good people, good place to work

It has proper system in the whole company. I worked in the Calgary office, we have HR, Admin, Accounting, AR and credit, customer services. Employees work as a team, we chatted a lot.

Changes are good

Most people are great to work with but some management could be nicer. Every year is getting better and we like the new hr people are very helpful more than the old people. The texas head office people creates more work for everyone and doesnt understand what is happening. The work place is very fast paced and challenging.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Corporate Texas is out of touch and out of line

Run away

Drivers are overworked with way too many deliveries for one person a day. lack of respect for management They seem to think drivers are just a number Way too many safety issues i.e. inexperienced drivers. Drivers using other peoples E logs because they are over the hours of service and management doesn’t do anything when they’re called out about it

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Your a Slave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Core-Mark International, Inc. with

• Core-Mark International, Inc.
  • No training provided