Core-Mark International, Inc.
Core-Mark International, Inc. Employee Review

Comfortable Work Place

23 September 2019
I learned a lot at Core-Mark. very nice work place.
The management does not encourage us to grow and have a good professional development. The hardest part of the job is learning about my roles taking notes.
Pros
Quite environment
Cons
No meetings and appreciation for our work
24 July 2020
DC Inventory Control Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Overall it's a small branch here in Calgary. My position was newly created by the director of Calgary Operations and they bumped up my yearly salary by $5k after adding some additional responsibilities to my role. Later after I joined and I found out that a senior employee of mine is already doing my job. The difference was my title has a lead in it. Following a couple of informal meetings with the director, it seemed like the senior management was unable to get this employee to change to their expectations so it was made clear to me that I should start putting that employee's main responsibilities on my plate and eventually fire him if necessary. I wasn't sure at the time how performance coaching became this difficult with this employee or it was the union environment. Consequently, the management style of this division was in question as this employee turned out to be a great guy with great knowledge.

Ever since the beginning, I became sidelined by other employees who were defending this employee. The ones that were supposed to train me were never available by phone or text. The company also doesn't have a formal training program.

Upon my review, they were dissatisfied with my performance. Their answer to no training was that it's a fast-paced company so why should they provide training. I found this claim to be extremely bothersome. Especially given the fact that I hadn't worked in the sector and was recruited from a different sector for my talent and transferrable skills.

So what was my real job responsibility? Fire my senior employee and take his job. Real classy.
Pros
Pay and bonus, decent mileage reimbursement, slow-paced environment
Cons
Politics and discrimination
5 July 2020
Sales Representative (Former Employee) - Oakville, ON
On road and seeing lots of rural accounts. Built up good relationships with stores and their staff, Created different approaches at store front using our products,
1 July 2020
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Drivers are overworked with way too many deliveries for one person a day.
lack of respect for management They seem to think drivers are just a number Way too many safety issues i.e. inexperienced drivers. Drivers using other peoples E logs because they are over the hours of service and management doesn’t do anything when they’re called out about it
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Your a Slave
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core-Mark International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9