CORAS BREAKFAST & LUNCH

CORAS BREAKFAST & LUNCH Employee Reviews

I was working as a dishwasher and kitchen helper.

Working very hard,honest, friendly, clean,helper,communication good,respect,tolerance,co-operation perfect,..........a Typical day at work.I learned there more staff.The managements was friendly.Workplace culture perfect.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

8 hours

Worst experience

Just want everyone to know this is not good place to work. You won’t get full time hours and proper training is not provided. Employees are always yelling.

fun work place

the workplace was a good place to work.love working with people and the custumers where just like family.the owners where great .i wish it didnt close.

Excellent Experience

Working here is lots of learning, fun and helping sharpen your skills. Good atmosphere, time to meet so many different people and enjoying the atmosphere and aroma of nice food

Very nice woirk environment between both employess and owners

I have been working for the Cora location in Pointe-Claire for 17 years. I love the hours, as my day is done by 15:30 latest. The staff and the owners are great. We are like family to each other. There are quiet and busy periods. You need to be able to work under pressure when it gets busy. It makes the day go quickly and is a fun challenge. I've worked at others restaurants in the past and this is by far my favorite one. You know the owners are good when all the staff stays a long time.

Bonne entente entre l'équipe de cuisine et l'équipe de service

J'ai souvent travaillé en restauration et c'était le tout premier lieu où je sentais vraiment un lien entre le personnel de cuisine et les serveuses. Si quelque chose était pas à leur goût, elles nous le disaient gentillement au lieu de nous envoyer promener pis si ça nous prenait un peu plus de temps pour faire une assiette, on prenait le temps de leur expliquer la situation et elles comprenaient, faisaient autre et revenaient voir où on était rendus

Pros

Repas gratuits, pause payée

Cons

Très longues semaines de travail (faisait souvent 6 jours par semaine)

Hostess, server - Choose your location wisely

My experience with this job was largely saved by the people working with me. While the owner/manager was nowhere to be seen the vast majority of the time, he soon appointed a new manager who was genuinely wonderful and cared about his employees. The staff all became good friends to me, and I still keep in touch with many of them. Sure, the workload (specifically for hostesses) was tremendous, but everyone helped out and overall, the experience left me with an appreciation for the service industry.

Pros

Good management, great tips, good friends

Cons

Workload, owner never around, repairs and suggestions never implemented

Horrible working environment

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken, having management take all the hours, then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.

Pros

Cons

Bad owner bad management

It’s a very busy place to work. The tell me I’m doing a great job.

I’m busy from when I walk in till I leave. The staff are mostly good to work with. I have to provide my own gloves to wear. My own clothing to wear with non slip shoes. I don’t know why they don’t have a job inform to wear

Pros

Steady work

Cons

No pay raises

Clock-In Clock-Out

I showed up to work already dressed and clock in. I would bussed tables until 30 minutues before closing. Then I would proceed to clean and restock the supples in the restrooms and take out the trash. After I finish all of those tasks my duties would be fulfilled and I would be allowed to clock out.

Tips poor

Would work very hard no thanks, no appreciation for what you do , would get called in on days off no thanks , but Management will find something wrong to say about you and your doing a favour for them, tip pooling management gave out only what they felt was applicable if they liked you or not, Management did not have any knowledge of what they were doing in the kitchen ; blaming others

Great!

Working at Coras ( Burnside)is good if you like a day job. Our management specially the owner is awesome. It is a fast pace working environment but team work is always the key.

productive and have a good team work

I like the management and staff. They are all good. I enjoyed working there. Everybody is happy and did their job. The management is always there for the customer and the staff.

Very understanding

You have to suck up to management to be notice , the manger goes out for drinks and parties with some of the severs and those servers get what ever they want . The servers that work hard get nothing and bad shifts . On the other hand they are very easy going and reason with school schedules and other jobs . They also give you the time off you ask for

I wouldn't recommend working for new owner.

New owner has no clue in what he is doing. All of us that worked there 5 years plus have all left.I feel Cora's will not be around for too much longer.

Job security

Job security not guaranteed schedules always changes so no guarantee of days off. Very busy love that days go by very fast co-workers always fun to work with great team work

Not bad but not good

I had issues with management do to miss communication consistently and this caused me to be frustrated and displeased with my work environment but the work is easy and the only time it gets rough is weekends,holidays and mothers day (real rough on mothers day)

Environnement de travail productif

Beaucoup de productions alimentaire dans une journée. Grosses journées surtout les fins de semaine. Bon travail d'équipe entre les différents postes de la cuisine. Longues heures debout. Bon en général

Bright cheery atmosphere

Coras is a hard working team,we all come together to give our guests the best possible service. Our manager/owner is hands on in every part of our busy restaurant.

great workplace

cora's breakfast and lunch is a very fast paced restaurant. I loved working here because the staff were always like family so you never felt miserable at work. it taught me many new skills in customer service and more! great place to work!!

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not being able to eat all the food

bad management

they say they give full time hrs but its only part time very poor management from the owner and kitchen manager. Work schedules get put out last minute sometimes you would even come into work for 5hrs only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORAS BREAKFAST & LUNCH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement