Cora Employee Reviews

Review for Cora's
Overall a great learning experience with many skills adapted. Friendly environment. Helpful staff. always there to help out on the line. There were a lot of different opportunities to learn different things just in that one kitchen.
Great place for someone new to cooking.
this was great place to learn organization in the kitchen, its very fast paced and pushes you to think on the fly. i would recommend any new cook to work at a coras.
Fun place to work at
Coras is great to work at, they have great hours and great food! Everyone seems to really enjoy going there to eat so it can get very busy, but it could also have its slow days
Pros
regulars
Cons
early mornings
would not recommend working there. poor management
I started working there in September 2015 it was wonderful at first. When business sold in August 2017 new management had no idea how to run restaurant. Also discovered servers were being deducted a half hour off time but not allowed too take the break.
The hours of the business are perfect loved early morning shift and enjoyed all my regular guests then in November management decided as a business decision too terminate myself and another coworker.
Teaching the value of good team work
Mostly always busy, really keeps you on your toes. Deal with customers always with a bright smile as well as an understanding and patient mind set.
Its difficult to watch your team and your section without loosing track of one or the other and for being awesome thank you management.

Doing your job correctly and without grief helps the team, don't ever expect help when you cannot help yourself.
productive and fun work place.
I enjoyed my time at Cora’s!
Very friendly staff and easy to work with, everyone got along well. Management was very professional and kept up to date with employers. They made sure we felt safe and always made sure that the employees were happy and content.

Fast paced and keeps you busy, may bee to hard on your feet if you're not use to it. Being in good health is a must!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hard on the feet
Great Corporate Restaurant
Management was fair with its employees. They also were not pushovers. As a cook you really can't beat the hours. The latest you were done was 4:00pm on an extremely late day.
fun
it was a fun place to work at the people there treated you like a family. food was good as well gave you enough to take home and have it later if you wanted to,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cora?
Great place to gain culinary skills and past paced working environment skills.
My time at Cora Breakfast & Lunch has been a great learning experience, from the time I started when I was just in high school to my last day just recently this July. The people were amazing and full of energy, and it was a great time working with them.
Pros
Free lunches, short busy work days.
Cons
Often short staffed
Fast past workplace
The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.
Pros
60% off on means
Cons
Tiring
At work
At Coras I've learned so many things in the past few years I went from being a hostess to expo and even did a little serving.i enjoyed my years there but I don't enjoy the environment I was supposed to have. Coras will forever have a place in my heart and the people
Pros
People
Very productive & Fast paced
The overall work experience was ok. Its very fast paced especially on the weekends. The only bad part was my co-workers. They were selfish & rude. Well only one of them.
Decent job
Minimum wage, however the boss is demanding especially when I was injured. Worked minimal hours and decently relaxing job for the most part. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast, Free smoothies.
Cons
Short hours
Healthy workplace
Working at Cora's has let me develop and improve my passion for cooking. This experience educated me on how to work in a clean environment. My exposure to various dishes that I was previously not aware of letting me expand my passion at home.
Pros
Gained knowledge, exposure to different types of food
Cons
Cautious around equipment, no health benefits, no job assurance
Great place to work. One of the best I would recommend
I loved working here. We had a great team and an awesome boss. Management is not bad and team work is the best. My heartfelt sadness that the owner is closing for business. I can stay here for 5 more years if can be. It was a multi cultural team but we went along well. I have learned to use my time management as this is a fast paced restaurant. Great deal of patience and common sense too. There is nothing easy , all but hard work, but it is where we can test ourselves, so yes, it is still good.
Pros
free lunch and tips
Cons
store is closing down soon
Fun and Energetic Wait Staff!
Loved working there during my employment- lots of fun characters in the wait staff, and some friendly ones behind the kitchen, too. Before my branch changed management, it was very well-managed, and clean. I cannot say what the experience would be like today, but hopefully it has improved since the new management..
it was an amazing place
back when i worked at cora it was an amazing funfilled place to work i would love to work there again. The management and owners were wonderful and the staff was always welcoming
Awesome, fun place to work!
Super fast paced environment, but a whole lot of fun. Management is good, flexible hours. A phenomenal team of people to work with! As expected working at a restaurant the wage isn't awesome but the environment is addicting!
Pros
Free lunches
Fun place to work
I was a cook while working there, I learned how to cook meat and potatoes, eggs, crepes, omelettes, calling out food orders and washing dishes.

The hardest part was cooking on a busy weekend or a holiday.

The most enjoyable part was cooking with friendly co-workers and an awesome boss.
Pros
Very clean environment, frienly people, amazing boss
Cons
Kitchen is too hot, hectic when busy
Wonderful environment, great food, busy workplace
I absolutely loved this opportunity though I didn't last very long. I wish I could go back in time & re-try this job.. But I still enjoyed it & learned the proper (and most efficient way) to peel & pit & cut most fruits & vegetables.
I also got to meet Cora, herself; it was amazing!
Awesome people, tough job
The work was fun and easy but working weekends was awful.
Management is awesome, fun to work for and considerate of the employees but strict.

All the people were awesome to work with.

The weekends were so busy there was often a line out the door for a long time and that was stressful as I am easily overwhelmed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Had to work every single weekend, esp. long weekends