Cora

Cora Employee Reviews

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.
Cora's is very understanding and try to work with your schedule as much as they can. The hours are long and they always make sure you get a break. They push you to the best of your abilities and praise you if you had a great day.
The relationship between the coworkers is very positive, as we are able to work as a team in order to have the restaurant run smoothly and make each other's life's easier. It is a very busy environment on the weekends and during the summer, however the staff are able to lighten the situation. Management can get a little negative as they worry about their store but they are good folk to work with
Très bonne expérience de travail malgré le chef du personnel de salle qui juge beaucoup sur l’apparence.
Pros
40% sur la nourriture, café et toast gratuit
Cons
Pas de pause
Being part of the management team was an amazing experience. I learned more then I thought I was going to. My manager was more like my family member then my boss.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
I had to move
A typical day at work would consist of coming into the kitchen, and starting your prep for your section. My section was the fruit, so I had to prepare all fruit cups by cutting up fruits, as well as multi tasking and doing plates as bills came in.I learned how to cut things properly and work in a fast paced environment.My boss was honestly great. Always understanding and always willing to help. Workplace culture was okay. waitresses were always snappy, constantly blaming the kitchen staff for being too slow, but giving us no time to prepare. The hardest part of my job was probably just constantly training new employees that came in. having to repeat, plates a lot.The most enjoyable part of my job was the section I was in. I didn't work with grease, and I loved most of the staff, always got along great.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes not busy
My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.
This store is always busy and packed on weekends that it cultivates my Customer Service skills and all other qualities that meets the needs of the restaurant and guests.
I loved working there it was fabulous, I enjoyed the work environment and the people were friendly and understanding. I loved the team based environment and all the support.
As my first employment, this company has provided me with the knowledge applicable to the specific job on hand. A lot of potential for promotions within a fast paced environment.
Staff were excellent. Great work life balance Working in the company was gratifying, as achievements were recognized. Environment was positive and fun
Pros
Paid Expenses
Cons
Travel time on the road
A typical day at work included greeting customers, taking and preparing orders, and clearing tables in a fast paced work environment. In this position I learned to multitask and deal with conflict. The management was very accommodating and supportive of their staff. Their motto was "A successful business is built on happy employees". The hardest part of this job was managing tables during rush hour as this can get very overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was customer interaction and making someones day better through positive service and providing a successful customer experience.
Very good workplace environment. The staff were nice and were always willing to work in a team. The experience gathered was amazing. Management was also very understanding.
I used work in Cora's Kensington and I enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant has excellent management and has positive work environment. Every employee are confident at its own job.
The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers, working at Cora's with the people I worked with and met was a great experience. With every experience you can definitely take some positives and negatives and become better person and employee for my next experience
Working at Cora's is an awesome experience, has a very positive atmosphere with a very supportive and helpful staff. Team skills are apparent in the staff as we work together to give our customers the best service possible. The fast-paced environment was a fast adjustment. Overall Cora's has helped me as develop not only a worker but as a person as well.
Pros
Cheerful environment, Discounts, Hours
Cons
Fast Pace
All I did was clean tables and help customers with some demands such as water or getting the waiters attention. Other than that I swept and did other small tasks.
Pros
Some free food
Cons
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it. You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
It overall was an okay job with steady hours, though when the location I worked at suddenly closed, I didn't receive any pay for three weeks of work. Because the franchisee filed bankruptcy the labor board couldn't recover anything for me, and Cora as a company washed their hands of any responsibility. I was owed something around $1700 and basically spent most of a month working for free. I will never again step into a Cora.
Pros
Good daytime hours
management was really helpful and welcome to train. the hardest part of the job was when it was closing time and an individual will walk in 5 minutes till when we close.
this was great place to learn organization in the kitchen, its very fast paced and pushes you to think on the fly. i would recommend any new cook to work at a coras.
  1. Employee reviews