Cora

Cora Employee Reviews

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.
-Lots of learning to do off the bat, and you continue to learn & grow as you move through the stations -You work for minimum wage plus tips out which is skimped on by management (you get between 15-60 biweekly depending on the season) -New menus come out all the time without warning and you have to learn them in less than a week regardless of how many shifts you have before the launch if you even have any shifts before then -Poor opportunities for growth and you do not get a pay raise, even if you work there for years & are the reason people come back to visit -The customers can be really interesting to talk to -Employee turn over is high and management does not want to pay to train new employees even though busy seasons come up without us being prepared to handle the situations -Holidays are mandatory to work, including Mother's Day -We serve food that is out of season because head office makes it so, then food is returned to be replaced by something ripe which is a waste of time, money, and effort and does not make sense logically -Machines stay broken for a long time because managers are cheap and will go as long as they can with broken fridges, ice makers, blenders, and other essential devices necessary to make food
se tes cool et le personelle etait trais gentil et le manger etait trait bon
Pros
crepe
I like working there I just dont get enough hours. Good work experience, appreciate the job.There is not much to say, i learned skills like cash and hostess.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough hours
Obviously in a kitchen you will be rushed but that wasn't really a problem, it was more the coworkers I had. Nobody was really properly trained, so it would get more hectic than it had to be. Also the maneger, he was a great guy, but not that on top of things. That was just my experience at the time
Workplace culture was great. The hardest part of my job was picking up slack from those who did not do their job. I learned to multitask. Management was good.
It was a very fun and productive workplace to work for. Great team and good managers. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking around all day.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long hours/standing all day
Very productive place and co workers are polite and supportive, closed knit work environment. It's a very bust work place but with lots of time for relaxation after work hours. Operates from 5:30 am to 3 pm
My co-worker is helpful when I started there as a hostess. Assistant Manager always give as feedback how to improve our job. I enjoyed assisting our guest in a very friendly and professional manner.
Pros
free coffee, tea, toast and soup
Cons
short hours
Étant serveuse pendant quelques années pour la même franchise, j'ai appris leurs recettes par cœur, et cela a favorisé la qualité et la quantité de mes ventes. Pratiquant le monde du service à la clientèle directe pendant des années, cela m'a permis d'établir et de fortifier mes liens avec la clientèle ainsi que d'acquérir sa confiance dès les premiers instants de notre rencontre. Le temps m'a laissé comprendre que la plus grande priorité de mon rôle dans cette chaîne alimentaire était de combler avant tout les besoins et les désirs de mes clients.
Pros
Toutes les connaissances que j'ai développer et que je continue à mettre en pratique.
Cons
Aucun à énumérer ce fut une expérience exceptionnelle du début à la fin.
My job position was as a cook. My work started at 8:00 a.m and ended at 3:00 p.m. My work consisted of preparing the food items for the orders made by customers, and also clean-up at closing time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra work without pay
I have been working here for two years and ongoing I have full commitment staying longer just love my staff and its place I want come to everyday! Cora is amazing all I got say about it!
Pros
Great tips and benefits
Cons
Gets slow in fall and winter
its ok nice people to work with an unerstanding owner its hard to get time off for vacation or medical appointments customers are great but no perks or they never tell you how good of a worker you are
Pros
great people
Cons
no break an long hours
I did not enjoy working at Cora. The hours did not accommodate my schedule, and therefore I did not have a good work/life balance. Management was poor.
A typical day at Cora's could be walking in and being busy. Other staff will be running around or talking to people at a table. Everyone is working hard to get everything done.
Pros
Always have something to do
Cons
Extremely busy on weekends
Its a nice restaurant and had learned alot in cooking factors, garnishing plates and doing ben et dictines menu are my favourites and, also dealing with some guest complaints is part of the job.
Pros
atleast free meal
Cons
standing for long hours
It is nice to work everyday,i have learned how to be clean and neat to every station i worked. The management is good and they orient employees before they hire them.
the people were generally nice but the coworkers dont really show respect and a lot of the time people are trying to take over your tasks and telling you to do you job differently. overall a very hard place to work in.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not very nice coworkers
Time management is essential to get orders and food quality at its best and in a timely fashion. How to use teamwork and communication to be an effective crew. Management is good very friendly and accommodating. Learning how to do the job on busy days when I first started and the techniques required to make certain foods. Is the staff everyone is nice to be around!
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
not enough hours
Start at 9:00, Finish when the entire store is clean Fun with the co-workers, painful with management Hiring and Firing is arbitrary, no clear reasons
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, No Breaks, Damaging Environment (for Health)
An enjoyable place to work and Team work produces Positivity. Friendly staff in a multi cultural atmosphere. Outgoing fresh atmosphere providing an enjoyable meal
Pros
afternoons free
Cons
can get busy on weekends
  1. Employee reviews