Cora Employee Reviews

Team Work is Positivity
Cook / Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2018
An enjoyable place to work and Team work produces Positivity. Friendly staff in a multi cultural atmosphere. Outgoing fresh atmosphere providing an enjoyable meal
Pros
afternoons free
Cons
can get busy on weekends
Amazing job , Amazing staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2018
Cora's is very understanding and try to work with your schedule as much as they can. The hours are long and they always make sure you get a break. They push you to the best of your abilities and praise you if you had a great day.
Fun but Busy Work Environment
Head Host (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 April 2018
The relationship between the coworkers is very positive, as we are able to work as a team in order to have the restaurant run smoothly and make each other's life's easier. It is a very busy environment on the weekends and during the summer, however the staff are able to lighten the situation. Management can get a little negative as they worry about their store but they are good folk to work with
Personnel accueillant et agréable
Hôtesse d'accueil et caisse (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC19 April 2018
Très bonne expérience de travail malgré le chef du personnel de salle qui juge beaucoup sur l’apparence.
Pros
40% sur la nourriture, café et toast gratuit
Cons
Pas de pause
Amazing place to work
Assistant manager/Server (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB18 April 2018
Being part of the management team was an amazing experience. I learned more then I thought I was going to. My manager was more like my family member then my boss.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
I had to move
Interesting work environment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Hull, QC18 April 2018
A typical day at work would consist of coming into the kitchen, and starting your prep for your section. My section was the fruit, so I had to prepare all fruit cups by cutting up fruits, as well as multi tasking and doing plates as bills came in.

I learned how to cut things properly and work in a fast paced environment.

My boss was honestly great. Always understanding and always willing to help.

Workplace culture was okay. waitresses were always snappy, constantly blaming the kitchen staff for being too slow, but giving us no time to prepare.

The hardest part of my job was probably just constantly training new employees that came in. having to repeat, plates a lot.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the section I was in. I didn't work with grease, and I loved most of the staff, always got along great.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes not busy
A good experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 April 2018
Cora's provides a great experience in a fast paced environment, though there are many downsides to it.
First, the management is lacking and is inexperienced. They are under staff and refuse to hire more servers though it is required in the busy work environment. Next, the work place does not include their part time employees much in anything they do. There are no questions on job promotions and salary raises. Lastly, they put too much work load on the part time workers as opposed to themselves, there is no HR department that ensures all employees are being awarded for their hard work. Everything is just based off of what the management wants.
Pros
1 meal under the price of 9 dollars each shift
Cons
Not flexible hours, work environment is not the best, there is not "team" to be part of.
Great
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2018
My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.
It is really fun and fulfilling to work in this restaurant.
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2018
This store is always busy and packed on weekends that it cultivates my Customer Service skills and all other qualities that meets the needs of the restaurant and guests.
Great
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
I loved working there it was fabulous, I enjoyed the work environment and the people were friendly and understanding. I loved the team based environment and all the support.
Extremely satisfying job
Host (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB21 March 2018
As my first employment, this company has provided me with the knowledge applicable to the specific job on hand. A lot of potential for promotions within a fast paced environment.
Strong staff, good working environment
Corporate General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2018
Staff were excellent. Great work life balance
Working in the company was gratifying, as achievements were recognized.
Environment was positive and fun
Pros
Paid Expenses
Cons
Travel time on the road
Part time Server at Cora's
Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 February 2018
A typical day at work included greeting customers, taking and preparing orders, and clearing tables in a fast paced work environment. In this position I learned to multitask and deal with conflict. The management was very accommodating and supportive of their staff. Their motto was "A successful business is built on happy employees". The hardest part of this job was managing tables during rush hour as this can get very overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was customer interaction and making someones day better through positive service and providing a successful customer experience.
Very good
Hostess, Cashier, & Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 February 2018
Very good workplace environment. The staff were nice and were always willing to work in a team. The experience gathered was amazing. Management was also very understanding.
Excellent team work
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2018
I used work in Cora's Kensington and I enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant has excellent management and has positive work environment. Every employee are confident at its own job.
Cora's Breakfast and Lunch
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers, working at Cora's with the people I worked with and met was a great experience. With every experience you can definitely take some positives and negatives and become better person and employee for my next experience
Fantastic Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 January 2018
Working at Cora's is an awesome experience, has a very positive atmosphere with a very supportive and helpful staff. Team skills are apparent in the staff as we work together to give our customers the best service possible. The fast-paced environment was a fast adjustment. Overall Cora's has helped me as develop not only a worker but as a person as well.
Pros
Cheerful environment, Discounts, Hours
Cons
Fast Pace
I worked here with my father for a short while, good environment and fun work experience
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
All I did was clean tables and help customers with some demands such as water or getting the waiters attention. Other than that I swept and did other small tasks.
Pros
Some free food
Cons
Unfortunate place to work with little benefits
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)

Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it.

You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
Franchise owner filed bankruptcy, I wasn't paid
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON16 December 2017
It overall was an okay job with steady hours, though when the location I worked at suddenly closed, I didn't receive any pay for three weeks of work. Because the franchisee filed bankruptcy the labor board couldn't recover anything for me, and Cora as a company washed their hands of any responsibility. I was owed something around $1700 and basically spent most of a month working for free. I will never again step into a Cora.
Pros
Good daytime hours