Cora

Cora Employee Reviews

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.
Cora's is a fun and fast paced company to work for, the work/life culture is amazing. My typical day work start with greeting all co-workers, an interior and exterior walk through of the store, kitchen line check, set up of food pass. Work the dinning room meeting all guests, ensuring service and food quality meets all expectations.
poor communication from management, no real interview process, no proper training staff is fun and friendly, fun work environment overall needs major management overhaul, was promised living wage and did not recieve it.
Communication between management and staff was aweful. This location has a pest problem, well working I was just informed to sweep up as many bugs as I could. Management does not follow food safety standards properly.
They pay you less than what you should be receiving. Management is awful. He does not give days off and when calling in sick you will receive a nasty response and overall not understanding.
Pros
Free toast and jam.
Cons
Long hours. Can't take days off unless you are hospitalized.
Enjoyable and rewarding work, very fast paced and can be stressful at times. However overall it is a good environment to work in. Would recommend to anyone seeking work in the kitchen industry.
This is where I first started serving. Large sections after a few months and was able to make quick easy money in no time. Nights off were defiantly a huge plus!
I learned a lot of things working at Cora Breakfast. Great people to work with but working in a restaurant is generally a difficult task, much respect.
I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.
Love workkng at cora but some timed its too much .. you have to have patience to take stress .. weekends are so busy line up but working with great team helps a lot ..
Staff is super encouraging, helpful and fun. Everyone gets along! Breakfast restaurants are great, especially considering the fact you finish early and have the rest of the day for yourself.
good and clean workplace. The management team are very approachable, all the workers are friendly, The working hours are from 6 a.m to 4 p.m only, so you can still have another work in the afternoon.
There are days where it feels like you haven't stopped moving from the moment you stepped in to the moment you've left, and other days where you're truly struggling to find something to do if you're not a server.
Awesome, dealing with food professionally. Very fast pace and awesome. Great place for people to have breakfast. Using many skills including, knife skills!
Very fast paced environment but no skills required. Super easy and straightforward work. Incredibly HIGH turnaround. Boss basically lived in his office and could care less about the business. The only time I really saw him do much was when head office was there or on a rare occasion when kitchen was short staffed but not front of house. So management was lack there of for sure
the job has a nice work environment. they offer good Canadian food. the staffs are friendly and customer-centred. there are a lot of good foods to choose from.
working there was ok. there is a lot to learn and is a very fast paced environment as it does tend to get very very busy on a regular basis, takes awhile to get used to. management team is completely unprofessional including the boss, way too much drama and no respect.
As a former employee it was very frustrating for getting punished for things we shouldnt have been punished for. If we ever called in sick (with a doctors note) the management would punish you by cutting your shifts for the following weeks. I know some of my coworkers would come in really ill because they couldnt afford to have their shifts cut in the following weeks. Worst
The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.
I was not pleased with the management at Cora. I felt like the environment was very competitive and unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.
Working at Cora's was great because it was all day shifts. I liked working with the staff until the management changed hands, every time the minimum wage went up they upped our tip out.
  1. Employee reviews