Cora Employee Reviews

Enjoyed our regular customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2019
Working at Cora's was great because it was all day shifts. I liked working with the staff until the management changed hands, every time the minimum wage went up they upped our tip out.
Collègues agréables et employeur compréhensif
Serveuse (Current Employee) –  Laval (53)3 September 2019
L'équipe est géniale. Les employés s'entraident et le patron est très compréhensif. L'horaire est flexible et adapté à toutes sortes de besoins. L'équipe sait bien s'adapter au imprévus.
Fun staff to work with
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  845 Dakota St Unit 30, Winnipeg, MB R2M 5M319 August 2019
Not eneough hours or days, hardworking staff, good mangement, awesome food, felt comfortable there at times. Made some friends there as well, easy and friendly people to get along with.
Pros
had good tips
Cons
barely any breaks
Not professional horrible training
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON9 August 2019
The Orleans location is very unprofessional in terms of training they leave you alone and expect you to know everything right away, they also said the first week is paid in cash so under the table which is completely illegal! I highly do not recommend this location
Cons
the staff is nice but the manager is moody
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 July 2019
it was a fun summer job but the restaurant is too small for all the business they get. the staff is very friendly. I learned how to be a hostess. the hardest part was figuring out how to seat people without stressing out servers or repeatedly seating them. the fun part was breaks and the coffee.
Fast-paced kitchen work
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 June 2019
At Cora's I learned about the teamwork required to run a successful breakfast and lunch restaurant. The team here was well organized, quic, and effective at dealing with all situations.
Coras Review
Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 June 2019
Coras is a fast paced environment and I love it. I get along well with staff and it is a great place to work. Very respectful and inclusive workplace.
Good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 June 2019
Good place to work , we get fairly treated and work as a team. Even management team is so helpful. I love working in cora and I am getting best experiance up here
Servers always crying, publicly shamed in front of guests, and time off is almost impossible to achieve.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 May 2019
The job itself, fine. The environment in which you are forced to work was abusive and toxic for your mental well being. It is very difficult to be regularly screamed at for being stupid and not good enough, and then try to maintain a happy demeanor to the guests. If you want a job where you are constantly talked down to, and not allowed time off during long weekends, holidays, spring break, summer break, winter break, christmas, or weekends, then this is the job for you. I'm sure other Cora franchises are fine, I just got unlucky enough to work at one where everyone is underappreciated, constantly stressed and walking on eggshells around management.
Pros
decent tips
Cons
Always understaffed, bully managment, no time off
Fun and enjoyable environment, great food!
Server (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 May 2019
I've been working at Cora for about 6 years now and I love the people and the hours are great. My management has always been very reasonable with taking time off which I appreciate. I've been a host and a server and both jobs are great and time always seems to fly when you are working hard. I personally prefer serving just because you get to talk to the guests a little more and the added tips are very nice.
Environnement de travail
Plongeur et cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC13 May 2019
C'était assez stressant de travailler chez Cora puisqu'il y avait beaucoup de clients et ainsi beaucoup de commandes.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courtes pauses
A learning experience in this part-time position while also being a full-time student
Prep-Cook (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2019
• Main role in Preparation of cold foods, mainly for fruits, but also including vegetables, the occasional meats, sweet sauces, and pancake batter etc.
• Stocking of kitchen cooler with supplies for the next day.
• General cleanup of kitchen at the end of the day.
• Occasional assistance in dishwasher duties.
• Occasional Busser support responsibilities.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less working hours
Great work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 May 2019
I found the staff very welcoming and accommodating. They were very organized and dedicated to the staff doing their jobs and do not throw extra work onto their employees.
ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2019
good crew leader and staff, learned how to prepare breakfast dishes in a line cook setting, hardest part was the tempature from the grills, i enjoyed it here
i realy liked my coop here
op student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 April 2019
I would get up at 5 in the morning take the bus to my placement and work from 6:30 till 12:00 in the afternoon the people I worked with were vary nice and I loved working with them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
you have to have speed
decent
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2019
very busy!! but the tip is good and they have good clients. i would recommend not the best place to work at but i enjoyed working with the staff there
Liked the atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 April 2019
Was a great place to work. The Cora's in Belleville was in the Quinte Hotel. Which no longer stands at the corner of Pinnacle and Bridge. I liked it because they closed at 3pm
Pros
Heritage Building
Cons
Long gone now
fun place
waitress (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC10 April 2019
Just give all my motivation to help everyone around me. Im that kind of person who like to help everyone. Im very motivated and I like to work a lot..
Cora's Kitchener
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 March 2019
A typical work day at Cora's included seating and greeting customers, busing tables and running food. Cora's had its busy times and slow times and was easy to mange the two work loads when getting comfortable with the job. I learned the importance of paying attention to detail and asking questions when needed. Some other things I learned was how to work on cash and dealing with different personality types. The management changed a few times while I was working which made he have to adjust to expectations of each manager. The work place culture was fine to deal with on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to different personalities at work and trying to do the best at your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and gaining transferable skills for other jobs.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Hard to handle sitiations when many different opinions are being expressed.
Cora’s
Hostess and Cashier, St. Catharines (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 March 2019
Cora’s was a friendly environment we all got a long we got all are jobs done we always help out when it was need we always look out for each other if we don’t know where any was people would always help the
Cons
Take a break when u didn’t have anything to do to