Cora

Cora Pay & benefits reviews

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management
I love my overall work experience at Cora, especially the staff who are so friendly and inclusive! There are many benefits to working here, and this makes me happy.
Pros
close at 3pm
Cons
no breaks
They pay you less than what you should be receiving. Management is awful. He does not give days off and when calling in sick you will receive a nasty response and overall not understanding.
Pros
Free toast and jam.
Cons
Long hours. Can't take days off unless you are hospitalized.
the job has a nice work environment. they offer good Canadian food. the staffs are friendly and customer-centred. there are a lot of good foods to choose from.
Not eneough hours or days, hardworking staff, good mangement, awesome food, felt comfortable there at times. Made some friends there as well, easy and friendly people to get along with.
Pros
had good tips
Cons
barely any breaks
C'Ă©tait assez stressant de travailler chez Cora puisqu'il y avait beaucoup de clients et ainsi beaucoup de commandes.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courtes pauses
Cora’s was a friendly environment we all got a long we got all are jobs done we always help out when it was need we always look out for each other if we don’t know where any was people would always help the
Cons
Take a break when u didn’t have anything to do to
-Lots of learning to do off the bat, and you continue to learn & grow as you move through the stations -You work for minimum wage plus tips out which is skimped on by management (you get between 15-60 biweekly depending on the season) -New menus come out all the time without warning and you have to learn them in less than a week regardless of how many shifts you have before the launch if you even have any shifts before then -Poor opportunities for growth and you do not get a pay raise, even if you work there for years & are the reason people come back to visit -The customers can be really interesting to talk to -Employee turn over is high and management does not want to pay to train new employees even though busy seasons come up without us being prepared to handle the situations -Holidays are mandatory to work, including Mother's Day -We serve food that is out of season because head office makes it so, then food is returned to be replaced by something ripe which is a waste of time, money, and effort and does not make sense logically -Machines stay broken for a long time because managers are cheap and will go as long as they can with broken fridges, ice makers, blenders, and other essential devices necessary to make food
I like working there I just dont get enough hours. Good work experience, appreciate the job.There is not much to say, i learned skills like cash and hostess.
Pros
good food
Cons
not enough hours
It was a very fun and productive workplace to work for. Great team and good managers. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking around all day.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long hours/standing all day
Étant serveuse pendant quelques années pour la même franchise, j'ai appris leurs recettes par cœur, et cela a favorisé la qualité et la quantité de mes ventes. Pratiquant le monde du service à la clientèle directe pendant des années, cela m'a permis d'établir et de fortifier mes liens avec la clientèle ainsi que d'acquérir sa confiance dès les premiers instants de notre rencontre. Le temps m'a laissé comprendre que la plus grande priorité de mon rôle dans cette chaîne alimentaire était de combler avant tout les besoins et les désirs de mes clients.
Pros
Toutes les connaissances que j'ai développer et que je continue à mettre en pratique.
Cons
Aucun à énumérer ce fut une expérience exceptionnelle du début à la fin.
I have been working here for two years and ongoing I have full commitment staying longer just love my staff and its place I want come to everyday! Cora is amazing all I got say about it!
Pros
Great tips and benefits
Cons
Gets slow in fall and winter
its ok nice people to work with an unerstanding owner its hard to get time off for vacation or medical appointments customers are great but no perks or they never tell you how good of a worker you are
Pros
great people
Cons
no break an long hours
Its a nice restaurant and had learned alot in cooking factors, garnishing plates and doing ben et dictines menu are my favourites and, also dealing with some guest complaints is part of the job.
Pros
atleast free meal
Cons
standing for long hours
Cora's is very understanding and try to work with your schedule as much as they can. The hours are long and they always make sure you get a break. They push you to the best of your abilities and praise you if you had a great day.
Très bonne expérience de travail malgré le chef du personnel de salle qui juge beaucoup sur l’apparence.
Pros
40% sur la nourriture, café et toast gratuit
Cons
Pas de pause
Cora's provides a great experience in a fast paced environment, though there are many downsides to it. First, the management is lacking and is inexperienced. They are under staff and refuse to hire more servers though it is required in the busy work environment. Next, the work place does not include their part time employees much in anything they do. There are no questions on job promotions and salary raises. Lastly, they put too much work load on the part time workers as opposed to themselves, there is no HR department that ensures all employees are being awarded for their hard work. Everything is just based off of what the management wants.
Pros
1 meal under the price of 9 dollars each shift
Cons
Not flexible hours, work environment is not the best, there is not "team" to be part of.
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it. You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
It overall was an okay job with steady hours, though when the location I worked at suddenly closed, I didn't receive any pay for three weeks of work. Because the franchisee filed bankruptcy the labor board couldn't recover anything for me, and Cora as a company washed their hands of any responsibility. I was owed something around $1700 and basically spent most of a month working for free. I will never again step into a Cora.
Pros
Good daytime hours
My time at Cora Breakfast & Lunch has been a great learning experience, from the time I started when I was just in high school to my last day just recently this July. The people were amazing and full of energy, and it was a great time working with them.
Pros
Free lunches, short busy work days.
Cons
Often short staffed
Minimum wage, however the boss is demanding especially when I was injured. Worked minimal hours and decently relaxing job for the most part. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast, Free smoothies.
Cons
Short hours