Cora

Cora Management reviews

Clear

Treated Unfairly

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.

Ses plate

Le gérant arrêt tes pas de me critiquer et ses tes pas cool et ses tes plate

Cons

Plate

Do not work here.

One of the worst jobs I have ever worked. The owner only cared about money, nothing else. You always got blasted for something you didn't do. The kitchen and front of house were so divided. No one worked as a team. No one cared about anyone else but themselves.

Pros

Leaving from there.

Poor FOH Management

This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!

Pros

Cons

Poor management/owner

Horrible working environment

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.

Pros

Cons

Bad owner Bad management

Poor management

high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.

Horrible place of work

Cora’s was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. I did many many things that were management worthy, after working for 6ish months I had no desire to continue working as a dishwasher when i applied for a host position and was told id be promoted every week, not once was i.

Poorly run by owners/managers

Very fast paced, absolutely no time or chance for a break or any thanks, tips very poor, servers payout 3% of their ring outs to owner for distribution to BOH staff , BOH would get.050 or 50 cents an hour or $5 per shift. Owner / management did not know staffs jobs nor did they help you out very high turnover of staff no one wanted to work for them, I recommend not to apply

Cora restaurant

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management

fun environment, no hours

poor communication from management, no real interview process, no proper training staff is fun and friendly, fun work environment overall needs major management overhaul, was promised living wage and did not recieve it.

Jobs at Cora

See more jobs

Aweful place to work

Communication between management and staff was aweful. This location has a pest problem, well working I was just informed to sweep up as many bugs as I could. Management does not follow food safety standards properly.

Awful. Bad management. Poor salary.

They pay you less than what you should be receiving. Management is awful. He does not give days off and when calling in sick you will receive a nasty response and overall not understanding.

Pros

Free toast and jam.

Cons

Long hours. Can't take days off unless you are hospitalized.

Productive place

I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.

nice environment

good and clean workplace. The management team are very approachable, all the workers are friendly, The working hours are from 6 a.m to 4 p.m only, so you can still have another work in the afternoon.

Host/expo

Very fast paced environment but no skills required. Super easy and straightforward work. Incredibly HIGH turnaround. Boss basically lived in his office and could care less about the business. The only time I really saw him do much was when head office was there or on a rare occasion when kitchen was short staffed but not front of house. So management was lack there of for sure

working at cora’s

working there was ok. there is a lot to learn and is a very fast paced environment as it does tend to get very very busy on a regular basis, takes awhile to get used to. management team is completely unprofessional including the boss, way too much drama and no respect.

Management is absolutely terrible.

As a former employee it was very frustrating for getting punished for things we shouldnt have been punished for. If we ever called in sick (with a doctors note) the management would punish you by cutting your shifts for the following weeks. I know some of my coworkers would come in really ill because they couldnt afford to have their shifts cut in the following weeks. Worst

A really fast-paced job

The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.

Poor Management

I was not pleased with the management at Cora. I felt like the environment was very competitive and unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.

Enjoyed our regular customers

Working at Cora's was great because it was all day shifts. I liked working with the staff until the management changed hands, every time the minimum wage went up they upped our tip out.

Collègues agréables et employeur compréhensif

L'équipe est géniale. Les employés s'entraident et le patron est très compréhensif. L'horaire est flexible et adapté à toutes sortes de besoins. L'équipe sait bien s'adapter au imprévus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Cora with

• Cora
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?