Cora

Cora Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.0Job security & advancement

Review for Cora's

Overall a great learning experience with many skills adapted. Friendly environment. Helpful staff. always there to help out on the line. There were a lot of different opportunities to learn different things just in that one kitchen.

Do not work here.

One of the worst jobs I have ever worked. The owner only cared about money, nothing else. You always got blasted for something you didn't do. The kitchen and front of house were so divided. No one worked as a team. No one cared about anyone else but themselves.

Pros

Leaving from there.

Poor management

high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.

Horrible place of work

Cora’s was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. I did many many things that were management worthy, after working for 6ish months I had no desire to continue working as a dishwasher when i applied for a host position and was told id be promoted every week, not once was i.

First job, great environment

Enjoyable and rewarding work, very fast paced and can be stressful at times. However overall it is a good environment to work in. Would recommend to anyone seeking work in the kitchen industry.

Good place to start off in the business with, hard to grow, and management is cheap

-Lots of learning to do off the bat, and you continue to learn & grow as you move through the stations -You work for minimum wage plus tips out which is skimped on by management (you get between 15-60 biweekly depending on the season) -New menus come out all the time without warning and you have to learn them in less than a week regardless of how many shifts you have before the launch if you even have any shifts before then -Poor opportunities for growth and you do not get a pay raise, even if you work there for years & are the reason people come back to visit -The customers can be really interesting to talk to -Employee turn over is high and management does not want to pay to train new employees even though busy seasons come up without us being prepared to handle the situations -Holidays are mandatory to work, including Mother's Day -We serve food that is out of season because head office makes it so, then food is returned to be replaced by something ripe which is a waste of time, money, and effort and does not make sense logically -Machines stay broken for a long time because managers are cheap and will go as long as they can with broken fridges, ice makers, blenders, and other essential devices necessary to make food

good experience

I like working there I just dont get enough hours. Good work experience, appreciate the job.There is not much to say, i learned skills like cash and hostess.

Pros

good food

Cons

not enough hours

Decent job

Obviously in a kitchen you will be rushed but that wasn't really a problem, it was more the coworkers I had. Nobody was really properly trained, so it would get more hectic than it had to be. Also the maneger, he was a great guy, but not that on top of things. That was just my experience at the time

Mon expérience en tant que serveuse à Chez Cora déjeuners et dîners.

Étant serveuse pendant quelques années pour la même franchise, j'ai appris leurs recettes par cœur, et cela a favorisé la qualité et la quantité de mes ventes. Pratiquant le monde du service à la clientèle directe pendant des années, cela m'a permis d'établir et de fortifier mes liens avec la clientèle ainsi que d'acquérir sa confiance dès les premiers instants de notre rencontre. Le temps m'a laissé comprendre que la plus grande priorité de mon rôle dans cette chaîne alimentaire était de combler avant tout les besoins et les désirs de mes clients.

Pros

Toutes les connaissances que j'ai développer et que je continue à mettre en pratique.

Cons

Aucun à énumérer ce fut une expérience exceptionnelle du début à la fin.

Amazing job , Amazing staff

Cora's is very understanding and try to work with your schedule as much as they can. The hours are long and they always make sure you get a break. They push you to the best of your abilities and praise you if you had a great day.

Jobs at Cora

See more jobs

Great

My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.

Extremely satisfying job

As my first employment, this company has provided me with the knowledge applicable to the specific job on hand. A lot of potential for promotions within a fast paced environment.

Strong staff, good working environment

Staff were excellent. Great work life balance Working in the company was gratifying, as achievements were recognized. Environment was positive and fun

Pros

Paid Expenses

Cons

Travel time on the road

Excellent team work

I used work in Cora's Kensington and I enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant has excellent management and has positive work environment. Every employee are confident at its own job.

Healthy workplace

Working at Cora's has let me develop and improve my passion for cooking. This experience educated me on how to work in a clean environment. My exposure to various dishes that I was previously not aware of letting me expand my passion at home.

Pros

Gained knowledge, exposure to different types of food

Cons

Cautious around equipment, no health benefits, no job assurance

very productive and fast paced environment

Great place to work, friendly and out going staff, great management and room to grow and advance within the company. lots of friendly regulars that you get to know over time.

This was a super busy restaurant to work in. Thank goodness we had a lot of support staff. Lots of teamwork here. Only open til 3 or 4 in the afternoons so you had all your nights free.

Pros

Our bosses brought us treats all the time

Cons

No room for advancement

I didn't enjoy working at cora's

I didn't enjoy working at cora's because i didn't get along with my co-workers and manager because nobody really taught my how to cook the eggs properly and I learn on my own

busy restaurant

not a bad to place to work but just couldn't afford to live in Calgary at the salary. so I moved back to grande prairie. kitchen manager had problems with communication learned nothing much

No comment

Working for Cora was short lived, as my father was diagnose with a brain tumor, so I left that position to spend the next 8 months with him while I had the chance as time was running out.

it was a great, fun time working at Coras...

The time i worked for Cora Restaurant provided me with a great restaurant experience and allow me to improve my skills in the food area...Personally a gain wonderful friend wish i love and have fun with...

Pros

great people

Cons

no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement