Cora

Cora Culture reviews

Clear

Active workplace

great place to work if your into a fast past, and likes to learn how to cook on a flat top. Great employees to work with. positive people. Can handle being under pressure.

Overall

I worked at coras during high school. Full time during the summers and part time during school. This job has the best managers and job culture. You could get along with everyone even in the most stressful situations

Cora restaurant

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management

A typical day for a manager

Cora's is a fun and fast paced company to work for, the work/life culture is amazing. My typical day work start with greeting all co-workers, an interior and exterior walk through of the store, kitchen line check, set up of food pass. Work the dinning room meeting all guests, ensuring service and food quality meets all expectations.

Productive place

I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.

Great place to.learn but lots of stress and have to work fast

Love workkng at cora but some timed its too much .. you have to have patience to take stress .. weekends are so busy line up but working with great team helps a lot ..

Very nice manager and co-workers

Staff is super encouraging, helpful and fun. Everyone gets along! Breakfast restaurants are great, especially considering the fact you finish early and have the rest of the day for yourself.

nice environment

good and clean workplace. The management team are very approachable, all the workers are friendly, The working hours are from 6 a.m to 4 p.m only, so you can still have another work in the afternoon.

Awesome and Fast

Awesome, dealing with food professionally. Very fast pace and awesome. Great place for people to have breakfast. Using many skills including, knife skills!

A really fast-paced job

The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.

Jobs at Cora

See more jobs

Poor Management

I was not pleased with the management at Cora. I felt like the environment was very competitive and unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.

Collègues agréables et employeur compréhensif

L'équipe est géniale. Les employés s'entraident et le patron est très compréhensif. L'horaire est flexible et adapté à toutes sortes de besoins. L'équipe sait bien s'adapter au imprévus.

the staff is nice but the manager is moody

it was a fun summer job but the restaurant is too small for all the business they get. the staff is very friendly. I learned how to be a hostess. the hardest part was figuring out how to seat people without stressing out servers or repeatedly seating them. the fun part was breaks and the coffee.

Good

Good place to work , we get fairly treated and work as a team. Even management team is so helpful. I love working in cora and I am getting best experiance up here

Environnement de travail

C'était assez stressant de travailler chez Cora puisqu'il y avait beaucoup de clients et ainsi beaucoup de commandes.

Pros

repas gratuit

Cons

courtes pauses

decent

very busy!! but the tip is good and they have good clients. i would recommend not the best place to work at but i enjoyed working with the staff there

Liked the atmosphere

Was a great place to work. The Cora's in Belleville was in the Quinte Hotel. Which no longer stands at the corner of Pinnacle and Bridge. I liked it because they closed at 3pm

Pros

Heritage Building

Cons

Long gone now

Cora's Kitchener

A typical work day at Cora's included seating and greeting customers, busing tables and running food. Cora's had its busy times and slow times and was easy to mange the two work loads when getting comfortable with the job. I learned the importance of paying attention to detail and asking questions when needed. Some other things I learned was how to work on cash and dealing with different personality types. The management changed a few times while I was working which made he have to adjust to expectations of each manager. The work place culture was fine to deal with on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to different personalities at work and trying to do the best at your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and gaining transferable skills for other jobs.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Hard to handle sitiations when many different opinions are being expressed.

Good Working Environment

Workplace culture was great. The hardest part of my job was picking up slack from those who did not do their job. I learned to multitask. Management was good.

Productive and fun workplace

It was a very fun and productive workplace to work for. Great team and good managers. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking around all day.

Pros

Discounts on food

Cons

Long hours/standing all day

Fun place to work

Very productive place and co workers are polite and supportive, closed knit work environment. It's a very bust work place but with lots of time for relaxation after work hours. Operates from 5:30 am to 3 pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement