Cora Employee Reviews for Server

Productive place
I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.
First serving job
This is where I first started serving. Large sections after a few months and was able to make quick easy money in no time. Nights off were defiantly a huge plus!
Coras Review
Coras is a fast paced environment and I love it. I get along well with staff and it is a great place to work. Very respectful and inclusive workplace.
Servers always crying, publicly shamed in front of guests, and time off is almost impossible to achieve.
The job itself, fine. The environment in which you are forced to work was abusive and toxic for your mental well being. It is very difficult to be regularly screamed at for being stupid and not good enough, and then try to maintain a happy demeanor to the guests. If you want a job where you are constantly talked down to, and not allowed time off during long weekends, holidays, spring break, summer break, winter break, christmas, or weekends, then this is the job for you. I'm sure other Cora franchises are fine, I just got unlucky enough to work at one where everyone is underappreciated, constantly stressed and walking on eggshells around management.
Pros
decent tips
Cons
Always understaffed, bully managment, no time off
Fun and enjoyable environment, great food!
I've been working at Cora for about 6 years now and I love the people and the hours are great. My management has always been very reasonable with taking time off which I appreciate. I've been a host and a server and both jobs are great and time always seems to fly when you are working hard. I personally prefer serving just because you get to talk to the guests a little more and the added tips are very nice.
Liked the atmosphere
Was a great place to work. The Cora's in Belleville was in the Quinte Hotel. Which no longer stands at the corner of Pinnacle and Bridge. I liked it because they closed at 3pm
Pros
Heritage Building
Cons
Long gone now
fun place
Just give all my motivation to help everyone around me. Im that kind of person who like to help everyone. Im very motivated and I like to work a lot..
Great
My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.
It is really fun and fulfilling to work in this restaurant.
This store is always busy and packed on weekends that it cultivates my Customer Service skills and all other qualities that meets the needs of the restaurant and guests.
Part time Server at Cora's
A typical day at work included greeting customers, taking and preparing orders, and clearing tables in a fast paced work environment. In this position I learned to multitask and deal with conflict. The management was very accommodating and supportive of their staff. Their motto was "A successful business is built on happy employees". The hardest part of this job was managing tables during rush hour as this can get very overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was customer interaction and making someones day better through positive service and providing a successful customer experience.
Excellent team work
I used work in Cora's Kensington and I enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant has excellent management and has positive work environment. Every employee are confident at its own job.
Fantastic Workplace
Working at Cora's is an awesome experience, has a very positive atmosphere with a very supportive and helpful staff. Team skills are apparent in the staff as we work together to give our customers the best service possible. The fast-paced environment was a fast adjustment. Overall Cora's has helped me as develop not only a worker but as a person as well.
Pros
Cheerful environment, Discounts, Hours
Cons
Fast Pace
would not recommend working there. poor management
I started working there in September 2015 it was wonderful at first. When business sold in August 2017 new management had no idea how to run restaurant. Also discovered servers were being deducted a half hour off time but not allowed too take the break.
The hours of the business are perfect loved early morning shift and enjoyed all my regular guests then in November management decided as a business decision too terminate myself and another coworker.
Fast past workplace
The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.
Pros
60% off on means
Cons
Tiring
Awesome, fun place to work!
Super fast paced environment, but a whole lot of fun. Management is good, flexible hours. A phenomenal team of people to work with! As expected working at a restaurant the wage isn't awesome but the environment is addicting!
Pros
Free lunches
Always busy and never a dull moment
Typical day . Log in, check server sections, see if we are out of anything for the day, approach tables with a smile and good morning, suggest 2 items coffee juice or the days smoothie, take the orders check back to make sure the guests are satisfied,,
Receive payment and thank them for coming in

There is always something to keep you busy at cora and is the best thing about being a server there

Chefs and owner are always helpful, when there"s a guest concern, which makes the work environment a pleasant one to be around

Hardest part of the job is trying to balance so much at one given time

And the most enjoyable part is making the guests very happy, times when you connect with them are the best part of the postion
Very busy restaurant
Very busy restaurant, fun workplace with friendly staff, an excellent example of teamwork. Long hours, especially weekend, but good money, fair rewards for your hard work.
Cons
It's great for single mamas! You can work while your kids are in school and you are done when they are done! The people are great and the guests are wonderful after they have their coffee 😊
Great Restaurant !
I had the privledge of having a great team to work with, fabulous and understanding manager/owner and excellent hours!
Working at Cora was an honor and blessing, as the staff, guests and general cleanliness made it a welcoming atmosphere.
This was a super busy restaurant to work in. Thank goodness we had a lot of support staff. Lots of teamwork here. Only open til 3 or 4 in the afternoons so you had all your nights free.
Pros
Our bosses brought us treats all the time
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Wonderful place to work! Fun and friendly environment with the benefit of a great menu and kitchen staff behind you, Cora is an excellent establishment.
Pros
Hours are wonderful for a parent with small children.