Cora logo
Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Server

Work-life balance

fast paced with turn around rate

Coras was my first serving job where I was taught by my coworkers who I worked alongside daily. We helped each other if one of us fell behind. There was always someone making a joke to keep morale high when it would get busy on weekends. The hardest part of the job was the high turn around rate there was a new table every 30 minutes or less with each server having on average five to ten tables to themselves at any time. Meeting new people was always fun and the regulars made it feel like an extended family on the days they came in.

Poor FOH Management

This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!

Pros

Cons

Poor management/owner

Horrible working environment

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.

Pros

Cons

Bad owner Bad management

Face paced with a rhythm.

It was a fast paced busy restaurant with early hours and being done early in the afternoon. Gave me a lot more experience as a server and sped up my service speed considerably. Most servers were a lot of fun to work with and we created a well oiled machine when we got into a rhythm. Hardest part sometimes was the cleaning and closing if it was busy and had to sweep, mop, seat, serve, take payments, cash out almost on our own by the end of the day. I would work at another Cora again if given the chance now that I live in another city.

Pros

Free soup.

Cons

Sometimes too busy.

First serving job

This is where I first started serving. Large sections after a few months and was able to make quick easy money in no time. Nights off were defiantly a huge plus!

Productive place

I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.

Coras Review

Coras is a fast paced environment and I love it. I get along well with staff and it is a great place to work. Very respectful and inclusive workplace.

Servers always crying, publicly shamed in front of guests, and time off is almost impossible to achieve.

The job itself, fine. The environment in which you are forced to work was abusive and toxic for your mental well being. It is very difficult to be regularly screamed at for being stupid and not good enough, and then try to maintain a happy demeanor to the guests. If you want a job where you are constantly talked down to, and not allowed time off during long weekends, holidays, spring break, summer break, winter break, christmas, or weekends, then this is the job for you. I'm sure other Cora franchises are fine, I just got unlucky enough to work at one where everyone is underappreciated, constantly stressed and walking on eggshells around management.

Pros

decent tips

Cons

Always understaffed, bully managment, no time off

Fun and enjoyable environment, great food!

I've been working at Cora for about 6 years now and I love the people and the hours are great. My management has always been very reasonable with taking time off which I appreciate. I've been a host and a server and both jobs are great and time always seems to fly when you are working hard. I personally prefer serving just because you get to talk to the guests a little more and the added tips are very nice.

Liked the atmosphere

Was a great place to work. The Cora's in Belleville was in the Quinte Hotel. Which no longer stands at the corner of Pinnacle and Bridge. I liked it because they closed at 3pm

Pros

Heritage Building

Cons

Long gone now

Jobs at Cora

Server positions
See more jobs

fun place

Just give all my motivation to help everyone around me. Im that kind of person who like to help everyone. Im very motivated and I like to work a lot..

Great

My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.

It is really fun and fulfilling to work in this restaurant.

This store is always busy and packed on weekends that it cultivates my Customer Service skills and all other qualities that meets the needs of the restaurant and guests.

Part time Server at Cora's

A typical day at work included greeting customers, taking and preparing orders, and clearing tables in a fast paced work environment. In this position I learned to multitask and deal with conflict. The management was very accommodating and supportive of their staff. Their motto was "A successful business is built on happy employees". The hardest part of this job was managing tables during rush hour as this can get very overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was customer interaction and making someones day better through positive service and providing a successful customer experience.

Excellent team work

I used work in Cora's Kensington and I enjoyed it a lot. The restaurant has excellent management and has positive work environment. Every employee are confident at its own job.

Fantastic Workplace

Working at Cora's is an awesome experience, has a very positive atmosphere with a very supportive and helpful staff. Team skills are apparent in the staff as we work together to give our customers the best service possible. The fast-paced environment was a fast adjustment. Overall Cora's has helped me as develop not only a worker but as a person as well.

Pros

Cheerful environment, Discounts, Hours

Cons

Fast Pace

would not recommend working there. poor management

I started working there in September 2015 it was wonderful at first. When business sold in August 2017 new management had no idea how to run restaurant. Also discovered servers were being deducted a half hour off time but not allowed too take the break. The hours of the business are perfect loved early morning shift and enjoyed all my regular guests then in November management decided as a business decision too terminate myself and another coworker.

Fast past workplace

The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.

Pros

60% off on means

Cons

Tiring

Awesome, fun place to work!

Super fast paced environment, but a whole lot of fun. Management is good, flexible hours. A phenomenal team of people to work with! As expected working at a restaurant the wage isn't awesome but the environment is addicting!

Pros

Free lunches

Always busy and never a dull moment

Typical day . Log in, check server sections, see if we are out of anything for the day, approach tables with a smile and good morning, suggest 2 items coffee juice or the days smoothie, take the orders check back to make sure the guests are satisfied,, Receive payment and thank them for coming in There is always something to keep you busy at cora and is the best thing about being a server there Chefs and owner are always helpful, when there"s a guest concern, which makes the work environment a pleasant one to be around Hardest part of the job is trying to balance so much at one given time And the most enjoyable part is making the guests very happy, times when you connect with them are the best part of the postion

Very busy restaurant

Very busy restaurant, fun workplace with friendly staff, an excellent example of teamwork. Long hours, especially weekend, but good money, fair rewards for your hard work.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement