Cora logo
Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Line Cook in Mississauga, ON

Fast Pace

Mornings started at 9 am I'd set up and prep my station, grab anything for others if needed such as eggs, fruits or veggies, and pancake mix. At the end of the day I would take out the next days supplies, clean my station and restock line. I learned that working in an environment that doesn't change after a certain amount of time isn't good for you emotionally or physically. The management changed when I worked there, they cleaned up the place but there always seemed to be something wrong. They'd get it fixed but in a week or two it wouldn't work. The hardest part of the job was working with the guy next to me. He was in charge of chits and because I was at the end of the line in a small space was tough to get by during a rush. Plus, working with him was difficult enough, he wouldn't allow me to help the way the person before him had in dishing out plates. I tried to talk it out, but between two jobs and full time classes, the time came when I couldn't deal. The enjoyable part of the job, small space made it easy to communicate with the line.

Great People and Positive attitude

- Line chef Prepping plates designing and cutting fruit- I learned how to create great plate designs, smoothies, and great tasting waffles- The management was great they show great care in there employees- Co-workers were great and worked well through rush hours- Hardest part about the job was the pressure of many plates need to be made at once- Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paste and you are always doing something

Pros

free lunch

Cons

slow training and takes time to get used to

Open concept restaurant in which you had the chance to interact with customers.

A typical day at work would be to fill my station with the necessary foods required to fill my orders as they came in. I worked with co-workers that ranged in age from 18 to 48. The hardest part of the job was working with co-workers who did not have the same standards as myself but I enjoyed learning to work with them just the same.

Pros

the restaurant was near my house so i was able to walk to work.

Cons

having to work every single weekend.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cora?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement