Cora Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

3.0Job Security & Advancement
fun environment, no hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2020
poor communication from management, no real interview process, no proper training
staff is fun and friendly, fun work environment overall
needs major management overhaul, was promised living wage and did not recieve it.
A really fast-paced job
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 September 2019
The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.
Not professional horrible training
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON9 August 2019
The Orleans location is very unprofessional in terms of training they leave you alone and expect you to know everything right away, they also said the first week is paid in cash so under the table which is completely illegal! I highly do not recommend this location
Pros
Cons
Taught me a lot, bad management
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2016
Where do I begin? First off to get out of the way, it's a fun place to work at. You get along with some or all of your co-workers. Busy during the weekends and lunch especially for the dishwashers, hard on their end. Even though this job was flexible, the management at the location I was at was garbage. Low pay, no benefits cant make me stay any longer. Manager would show up an hour or not at all during closing and have like 2 or 3 days off and not come in. As an owner, you should be there to monitor the daily operation, instead the BOH and FOH take all the complaints and concerns from customers, which is unfair on their end as well. It really depends on the location you work at, but the one I worked at was terrible, favourtism took place and not enough hours to get by, and very ridiculous management. Overall Coras is a good place to have a first job, just this location made me change my perspective on the franchise.
Pros
Free lunches, learn a lot of skills
Cons
Management and Co-workers are garbage