Cora logo
Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Cora restaurant

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management

productive and fun work place.

I enjoyed my time at Cora’s! Very friendly staff and easy to work with, everyone got along well. Management was very professional and kept up to date with employers. They made sure we felt safe and always made sure that the employees were happy and content. Fast paced and keeps you busy, may bee to hard on your feet if you're not use to it. Being in good health is a must!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Hard on the feet

fun

it was a fun place to work at the people there treated you like a family. food was good as well gave you enough to take home and have it later if you wanted to,

it was an amazing place

back when i worked at cora it was an amazing funfilled place to work i would love to work there again. The management and owners were wonderful and the staff was always welcoming

Amazing

Wonderfully energetic and high-spirited co-workers with adequate training and a large amount of time to adjust to the rigors of restaurant working.

Great place

Great and bright area. Very happy go lucky, wonderful customers and the staff are great people. Nice flow of your shift, time goes by quite fast.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

place mats

really fun place to work at

A typical day a cora's is a really busy day so we don't stop until the end of our shift. The staff is amazing, super nice. The thing that I enjoy the most about my job is you can talk to everyone and you meet different person everyday!

Pros

close at 3

Cons

short hours

Very open and fun atmosphere.

When I went to work there were always people ready to smile and talk to me ask me how I was and they cared about how you were doing.

Pros

would give half off of anything u ordered before 2PM and free soup for lunches

Cons

Early Hours

(At the time) Fun, but had to be super self-motivated

Greet customers, place them at a table of your choosing, unless they request of a specific place. Set up tables with silverware, place mats, and hand out menus as the customer is seated. Clean up the table, remove dirty dishes, and reset place mats. Cash out customers, offer them fudge. I learned to smile through everything. Learned how to be efficent. My co-workers were nice.

Pros

50% off food

Cons

Drama

Quick paced and fun

I'm still new at Cora but I've loved everyday at work. A typical day working at Cora is filled with long lines of customers waiting to come in and enjoy the delicious food we serve. Being so busy means that us hostesses have to be on top of our game at all times. A huge part of our efficiency during the day comes from everyone working together like a well oiled machine. My manager is always there with a helping hand when things get super busy making it easier on not only the hostesses, but servers too. The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job go hand in hand, working with customers. There are so many amazing everyday customers that add to the day. Thankfully for them, it makes the not so amazing customers much easier to deal with. All in all, Cora is a great place to work.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Not enough hours

Bright positive atmosphere,but not enough shifts for me.

On a typical day at Cora, I come in with appropriate uniform attire, polished,I sign into work, normally at the time I start it's only one hostess that helps buss tables and 1 or 2 servers,depending on how busy it is. I do washroom checks, then I check what the restaurant needs most help in,weather it's to host,buss,or expedite; I do a little bit of everything depending on how everything is flowing. One thing is for sure though, I never like to see any costumers-our visitors waiting, and I make sure that they are attended as soon as possible for anything they need.When the day is coming to an end,and I am closing with a colleague, I finish my closing duties quickly and efficiently so that I can help the server with her closing duties,so that way we can both go home at the time we're supposed to. I've learnt time management,I've learnt how to improvise when needed,by being innovative, and problem solve on my own. My coworkers are very cooperative,friendly,and polite. We all help each other out and there's a lot of respect in the environment, most importantly we genuinely care about our costumer's satisfaction,and do our best by working together to leave good impressions. The hardest part about the job would be to have everything run smoothly in the restaurant when people call in sick,because some of us have to be on top of 5 things at once,and practically run around trying to fill the persons shift and our own, so that nothing is left undone. The most enjoyable part of the job is, that I have the power to make people smile every shift. It's a very satisfying feeling to know -

Pros

free breakfast or lunches after 5 hour shifts, respectful environment, happy clients, happy coworkers, work always ends before supper, people always leave satisfied.

Cons

work all weekends, not enough shifts because they don't need many people during the week.

Laid back work place and nice people.

I really enjoyed the new experience of working in a restaurant very exciting, and would definitely like to work in the food industry again.My every day tasks were seating customers, cleaning tables, any tasks that needed to be completed, and working the cash.Generally the hardest part about working at Cora's is the customers: making sure that they're happy and everything goes smoothly. This is also the most enjoyable as I really enjoy the energy that comes from interacting with people and customers.Many of my coworkers were very hardworking and longtime employees of Cora's, and they were all very pleasant to work with and popular with the customers.I learned a lot about working in a restaurant environment during my time at Cora's and furthermore about the underpinnings of a small business, which I found very interesting.Overall aside from a few personal reasons, I found Cora's a great experience and hold the chain and it's owners in high regards.

Pros

good hours.

Cons

personal

productive and fun workplace at Coras

A typical day at work is very busy. I deal with over 100 customers a day. My goal is to keep them as happy as possible. I learn a lot of things such as how to deal with every day situation and complains as well as customer inquiries.

Pros

meeting great people

Cons

on your feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement