Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management
I love my overall work experience at Cora, especially the staff who are so friendly and inclusive! There are many benefits to working here, and this makes me happy.
Pros
close at 3pm
Cons
no breaks
Communication between management and staff was aweful. This location has a pest problem, well working I was just informed to sweep up as many bugs as I could. Management does not follow food safety standards properly.
I learned a lot of things working at Cora Breakfast. Great people to work with but working in a restaurant is generally a difficult task, much respect.
There are days where it feels like you haven't stopped moving from the moment you stepped in to the moment you've left, and other days where you're truly struggling to find something to do if you're not a server.
Very fast paced environment but no skills required. Super easy and straightforward work. Incredibly HIGH turnaround. Boss basically lived in his office and could care less about the business. The only time I really saw him do much was when head office was there or on a rare occasion when kitchen was short staffed but not front of house. So management was lack there of for sure
I was not pleased with the management at Cora. I felt like the environment was very competitive and unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.
it was a fun summer job but the restaurant is too small for all the business they get. the staff is very friendly. I learned how to be a hostess. the hardest part was figuring out how to seat people without stressing out servers or repeatedly seating them. the fun part was breaks and the coffee.
Good place to work , we get fairly treated and work as a team. Even management team is so helpful. I love working in cora and I am getting best experiance up here
I found the staff very welcoming and accommodating. They were very organized and dedicated to the staff doing their jobs and do not throw extra work onto their employees.
very busy!! but the tip is good and they have good clients. i would recommend not the best place to work at but i enjoyed working with the staff there
A typical work day at Cora's included seating and greeting customers, busing tables and running food. Cora's had its busy times and slow times and was easy to mange the two work loads when getting comfortable with the job. I learned the importance of paying attention to detail and asking questions when needed. Some other things I learned was how to work on cash and dealing with different personality types. The management changed a few times while I was working which made he have to adjust to expectations of each manager. The work place culture was fine to deal with on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to different personalities at work and trying to do the best at your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and gaining transferable skills for other jobs.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Hard to handle sitiations when many different opinions are being expressed.
It was a very fun and productive workplace to work for. Great team and good managers. The hardest part of the job was standing and walking around all day.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Long hours/standing all day
My co-worker is helpful when I started there as a hostess. Assistant Manager always give as feedback how to improve our job. I enjoyed assisting our guest in a very friendly and professional manner.
Pros
free coffee, tea, toast and soup
Cons
short hours
A typical day at Cora's could be walking in and being busy. Other staff will be running around or talking to people at a table. Everyone is working hard to get everything done.
Pros
Always have something to do
Cons
Extremely busy on weekends
the people were generally nice but the coworkers dont really show respect and a lot of the time people are trying to take over your tasks and telling you to do you job differently. overall a very hard place to work in.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not very nice coworkers
The relationship between the coworkers is very positive, as we are able to work as a team in order to have the restaurant run smoothly and make each other's life's easier. It is a very busy environment on the weekends and during the summer, however the staff are able to lighten the situation. Management can get a little negative as they worry about their store but they are good folk to work with
As my first employment, this company has provided me with the knowledge applicable to the specific job on hand. A lot of potential for promotions within a fast paced environment.
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it. You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
Coras is great to work at, they have great hours and great food! Everyone seems to really enjoy going there to eat so it can get very busy, but it could also have its slow days
Pros
regulars
Cons
early mornings
Mostly always busy, really keeps you on your toes. Deal with customers always with a bright smile as well as an understanding and patient mind set. Its difficult to watch your team and your section without loosing track of one or the other and for being awesome thank you management. Doing your job correctly and without grief helps the team, don't ever expect help when you cannot help yourself.