Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Cook/Dishwasher

At Cora's I learned about the teamwork required to run a successful breakfast and lunch restaurant. The team here was well organized, quic, and effective at dealing with all situations.
Very fast paced, absolutely no time or chance for a break or any thanks, tips very poor, servers payout 3% of their ring outs to owner for distribution to BOH staff , BOH would get.050 or 50 cents an hour or $5 per shift. Owner / management did not know staffs jobs nor did they help you out very high turnover of staff no one wanted to work for them, I recommend not to apply
I would arrive at work no earlier then 8 as fit to my scheduling to greet everyone with a morning hi as usual. The average day at cora can range from so-so to crazy in terms of work as customers rush in random waves that are either slow but constant or pretty much akin to a pihrana attack.The people who work their are friendly and always look to strive and grow. The enviroment is friendly and great for anyone looking to start a job and build a backbone to branch off.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Lunch loses its sparkle after eating it every week
Start at 9:00, Finish when the entire store is clean Fun with the co-workers, painful with management Hiring and Firing is arbitrary, no clear reasons
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, No Breaks, Damaging Environment (for Health)
The work was fun and easy but working weekends was awful. Management is awesome, fun to work for and considerate of the employees but strict. All the people were awesome to work with. The weekends were so busy there was often a line out the door for a long time and that was stressful as I am easily overwhelmed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Had to work every single weekend, esp. long weekends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cora?