Cora

Cora Employee Reviews for Cook

Good place to work Finish by 4 o’clock everyday Work with a team of four for each station Prepare all items to order Slower days during the week.
good and clean workplace. The management team are very approachable, all the workers are friendly, The working hours are from 6 a.m to 4 p.m only, so you can still have another work in the afternoon.
Awesome, dealing with food professionally. Very fast pace and awesome. Great place for people to have breakfast. Using many skills including, knife skills!
As a former employee it was very frustrating for getting punished for things we shouldnt have been punished for. If we ever called in sick (with a doctors note) the management would punish you by cutting your shifts for the following weeks. I know some of my coworkers would come in really ill because they couldnt afford to have their shifts cut in the following weeks. Worst
The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.
Very productive place and co workers are polite and supportive, closed knit work environment. It's a very bust work place but with lots of time for relaxation after work hours. Operates from 5:30 am to 3 pm
My job position was as a cook. My work started at 8:00 a.m and ended at 3:00 p.m. My work consisted of preparing the food items for the orders made by customers, and also clean-up at closing time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra work without pay
Management was fair with its employees. They also were not pushovers. As a cook you really can't beat the hours. The latest you were done was 4:00pm on an extremely late day.
Loved working there during my employment- lots of fun characters in the wait staff, and some friendly ones behind the kitchen, too. Before my branch changed management, it was very well-managed, and clean. I cannot say what the experience would be like today, but hopefully it has improved since the new management..
I was a cook while working there, I learned how to cook meat and potatoes, eggs, crepes, omelettes, calling out food orders and washing dishes. The hardest part was cooking on a busy weekend or a holiday. The most enjoyable part was cooking with friendly co-workers and an awesome boss.
Pros
Very clean environment, frienly people, amazing boss
Cons
Kitchen is too hot, hectic when busy
The manager can be tough but if you work hard you make good money and the staff is great. Fun but not for the faint of heart especially during holidays or weekends (busiest times) and it's open 364 days of the year (closed only on Christmas).
Pros
Awesome food and great coworkers
Cons
Work all holidays and weekends
A typical day at cora's can range from very slow to very busy so it all depends. I was in the kitchen working as a fruiter so i had to make The plates and run them to the Lunch line as fast as possible while making what ever orders come up and being able to prep as well. I learned time management skills. I learned what needed to be done first and what could wait. My management was terrible my bosses have no loyalty for their employes and show no compassion even if you have worked there a long time. You dont get treated nicely and they make it very stressful. I only worked on the weekends but those were our busiest days. and it was far to much to handle. The people there are super nice and easy to get along with and that is who i will miss the most.
Pros
worklife balance, coworkers are nice
Cons
management is terrible
Worked here for a short time. Unfortunately the kitchen life is not for me though. Had a good time learning from other cooks and chatting with them. Their prices are a bit high for things that are par level quality. Really nothings too special other than the fruits and the crepes. Obviously they give you WAY too much fruit on the side but besides that it is taken care of, washed and stored properly along with everything else food wise in store, and the people making this crazy fruit garnishes are really amazing. Beautiful stuff, like the Apple Spears. I got to learn how to make those, so thank you Cora's!!
Pros
free food
Cons
never got 2 days off in a row or had too many days off, no inbetween
Fresh, friendly and a great place to work. I have worked with Cora for the past 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My employers are fun and very understanding if a personal circumstance should come up. The wages are fair and the shifts are accommodating.Anyone able to handle a fast pace and has excellent attention to detail should try Cora.
Get you early hours of the morning preparing for the morning. Turning on all equipment. Cooking food and prepping the line for breakfast.I have learned to work productively in a fast paced environment where orders have to be quick and accurate.My co-workers are hard workers who are efficient and resourceful.Hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to new menu changes.Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with my c-workers.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
long hours, huge rushes