Cora Employee Reviews for Cook

Awesome and Fast
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 November 2019
Awesome, dealing with food professionally. Very fast pace and awesome. Great place for people to have breakfast. Using many skills including, knife skills!
Management is absolutely terrible.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 September 2019
As a former employee it was very frustrating for getting punished for things we shouldnt have been punished for. If we ever called in sick (with a doctors note) the management would punish you by cutting your shifts for the following weeks. I know some of my coworkers would come in really ill because they couldnt afford to have their shifts cut in the following weeks. Worst
Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB26 November 2018
Very productive place and co workers are polite and supportive, closed knit work environment. It's a very bust work place but with lots of time for relaxation after work hours. Operates from 5:30 am to 3 pm
Good workplace for experience in a kitchen.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2018
My job position was as a cook. My work started at 8:00 a.m and ended at 3:00 p.m. My work consisted of preparing the food items for the orders made by customers, and also clean-up at closing time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra work without pay
Great Corporate Restaurant
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 November 2017
Management was fair with its employees. They also were not pushovers. As a cook you really can't beat the hours. The latest you were done was 4:00pm on an extremely late day.
Fun and Energetic Wait Staff!
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 July 2017
Loved working there during my employment- lots of fun characters in the wait staff, and some friendly ones behind the kitchen, too. Before my branch changed management, it was very well-managed, and clean. I cannot say what the experience would be like today, but hopefully it has improved since the new management..
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2017
I was a cook while working there, I learned how to cook meat and potatoes, eggs, crepes, omelettes, calling out food orders and washing dishes.

The hardest part was cooking on a busy weekend or a holiday.

The most enjoyable part was cooking with friendly co-workers and an awesome boss.
Pros
Very clean environment, frienly people, amazing boss
Cons
Kitchen is too hot, hectic when busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 March 2017
The manager can be tough but if you work hard you make good money and the staff is great. Fun but not for the faint of heart especially during holidays or weekends (busiest times) and it's open 364 days of the year (closed only on Christmas).
Pros
Awesome food and great coworkers
Cons
Work all holidays and weekends
Management is terrible and extreamly stressful
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 August 2016
A typical day at cora's can range from very slow to very busy so it all depends. I was in the kitchen working as a fruiter so i had to make The plates and run them to the Lunch line as fast as possible while making what ever orders come up and being able to prep as well. I learned time management skills. I learned what needed to be done first and what could wait. My management was terrible my bosses have no loyalty for their employes and show no compassion even if you have worked there a long time. You dont get treated nicely and they make it very stressful. I only worked on the weekends but those were our busiest days. and it was far to much to handle. The people there are super nice and easy to get along with and that is who i will miss the most.
Pros
worklife balance, coworkers are nice
Cons
management is terrible
A great place to learn at and to eat at
Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2015
Worked here for a short time. Unfortunately the kitchen life is not for me though. Had a good time learning from other cooks and chatting with them. Their prices are a bit high for things that are par level quality. Really nothings too special other than the fruits and the crepes. Obviously they give you WAY too much fruit on the side but besides that it is taken care of, washed and stored properly along with everything else food wise in store, and the people making this crazy fruit garnishes are really amazing. Beautiful stuff, like the Apple Spears. I got to learn how to make those, so thank you Cora's!!
Pros
free food
Cons
never got 2 days off in a row or had too many days off, no inbetween
excellent values and a great work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2012
Fresh, friendly and a great place to work. I have worked with Cora for the past 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My employers are fun and very understanding if a personal circumstance should come up. The wages are fair and the shifts are accommodating.Anyone able to handle a fast pace and has excellent attention to detail should try Cora.