Cora

Cora Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

My first server job, great learning experience, good environment to be in with staff. Would recommend to those who want their first serving job. Only open until 4pm.
One of the worst jobs I have ever worked. The owner only cared about money, nothing else. You always got blasted for something you didn't do. The kitchen and front of house were so divided. No one worked as a team. No one cared about anyone else but themselves.
Pros
Leaving from there.
Cons
The overall work experience was ok. Its very fast paced especially on the weekends. The only bad part was my co-workers. They were selfish & rude. Well only one of them.
Where do I begin? First off to get out of the way, it's a fun place to work at. You get along with some or all of your co-workers. Busy during the weekends and lunch especially for the dishwashers, hard on their end. Even though this job was flexible, the management at the location I was at was garbage. Low pay, no benefits cant make me stay any longer. Manager would show up an hour or not at all during closing and have like 2 or 3 days off and not come in. As an owner, you should be there to monitor the daily operation, instead the BOH and FOH take all the complaints and concerns from customers, which is unfair on their end as well. It really depends on the location you work at, but the one I worked at was terrible, favourtism took place and not enough hours to get by, and very ridiculous management. Overall Coras is a good place to have a first job, just this location made me change my perspective on the franchise.
Pros
Free lunches, learn a lot of skills
Cons
Management and Co-workers are garbage
Seen how a franchaised business works with rules and regulations. Small restaurant with only few co worker. Self managed most of the time.
Cora`s is a productive environment your always busy and if your not you find something to get occupied.i wouldn't say it was fun because my co workers weren't that friendly so there weren't any side conversations at work but overall it was a good job. management was good we were always under supervision , the hardest part of the job was the dish pit because im allergic to eggs and its a breakfast restaurant so every thing was drenched in egg so when i had to wash the dishes it was splash on my cloths and face. and i would get itchy and red so that's was the hard part of that job but overall it was a good job.
Pros
Discount on food for workers
Cons
Lunch and Weekend are busy. I got very good team who willing to work hard without question while its still fun and enjoy. Great team work, unfortunately pay is low and no benefits.
Pros
free food
Cons
very early morning start
The time i worked for Cora Restaurant provided me with a great restaurant experience and allow me to improve my skills in the food area...Personally a gain wonderful friend wish i love and have fun with...
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks
A typical day at work is very busy. I deal with over 100 customers a day. My goal is to keep them as happy as possible. I learn a lot of things such as how to deal with every day situation and complains as well as customer inquiries.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
on your feet all day
I most enjoyed how different each day could be. I was able to work any section in any restaurant so it kept me sharp and my ideas current.
Pros
very high standards
Cons
management somewhat out of touch with front line employees.