Cora

Cora Employee Reviews in Pickering, ON

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.
There are days where it feels like you haven't stopped moving from the moment you stepped in to the moment you've left, and other days where you're truly struggling to find something to do if you're not a server.
Start at 9:00, Finish when the entire store is clean Fun with the co-workers, painful with management Hiring and Firing is arbitrary, no clear reasons
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, No Breaks, Damaging Environment (for Health)
The relationship between the coworkers is very positive, as we are able to work as a team in order to have the restaurant run smoothly and make each other's life's easier. It is a very busy environment on the weekends and during the summer, however the staff are able to lighten the situation. Management can get a little negative as they worry about their store but they are good folk to work with
The most enjoyable part of this job was my coworkers, working at Cora's with the people I worked with and met was a great experience. With every experience you can definitely take some positives and negatives and become better person and employee for my next experience
A typical day at cora's can range from very slow to very busy so it all depends. I was in the kitchen working as a fruiter so i had to make The plates and run them to the Lunch line as fast as possible while making what ever orders come up and being able to prep as well. I learned time management skills. I learned what needed to be done first and what could wait. My management was terrible my bosses have no loyalty for their employes and show no compassion even if you have worked there a long time. You dont get treated nicely and they make it very stressful. I only worked on the weekends but those were our busiest days. and it was far to much to handle. The people there are super nice and easy to get along with and that is who i will miss the most.
Pros
worklife balance, coworkers are nice
Cons
management is terrible
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cora?