Cora Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

good place to work
kitchen helper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
its ok nice people to work with an unerstanding owner its hard to get time off for vacation or medical appointments
customers are great but no perks or they never tell you how good of a worker you are
Pros
great people
Cons
no break an long hours
I worked here with my father for a short while, good environment and fun work experience
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
All I did was clean tables and help customers with some demands such as water or getting the waiters attention. Other than that I swept and did other small tasks.
Pros
Some free food
Fast past workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.
Pros
60% off on means
Cons
Tiring
Decent job
Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 July 2017
Minimum wage, however the boss is demanding especially when I was injured. Worked minimal hours and decently relaxing job for the most part. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free breakfast, Free smoothies.
Cons
Short hours
Healthy workplace
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2017
Working at Cora's has let me develop and improve my passion for cooking. This experience educated me on how to work in a clean environment. My exposure to various dishes that I was previously not aware of letting me expand my passion at home.
Pros
Gained knowledge, exposure to different types of food
Cons
Cautious around equipment, no health benefits, no job assurance
Fast Pace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2016
Mornings started at 9 am
I'd set up and prep my station, grab anything for others if needed such as eggs, fruits or veggies, and pancake mix. At the end of the day I would take out the next days supplies, clean my station and restock line.

I learned that working in an environment that doesn't change after a certain amount of time isn't good for you emotionally or physically.

The management changed when I worked there, they cleaned up the place but there always seemed to be something wrong. They'd get it fixed but in a week or two it wouldn't work.

The hardest part of the job was working with the guy next to me. He was in charge of chits and because I was at the end of the line in a small space was tough to get by during a rush. Plus, working with him was difficult enough, he wouldn't allow me to help the way the person before him had in dishing out plates. I tried to talk it out, but between two jobs and full time classes, the time came when I couldn't deal.

The enjoyable part of the job, small space made it easy to communicate with the line.
Awesome place to work as I LOVE to cook!
Waitress-Front of house (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ont21 January 2014
Working at Cora's was an amazing experience! I loved meeting new customers as well as getting to know our regulars. Great team of employees and definitely learned quite a few good recipes! The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be seeing our customers happy and coloring with the kids !
Pros
Smiles all day
Cons
Our location was extremely busy but we managed quite well and never had any complaints !
Great People and Positive attitude
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2012
- Line chef Prepping plates designing and cutting fruit
- I learned how to create great plate designs, smoothies, and great tasting waffles
- The management was great they show great care in there employees
- Co-workers were great and worked well through rush hours
- Hardest part about the job was the pressure of many plates need to be made at once
- Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paste and you are always doing something
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow training and takes time to get used to
Open concept restaurant in which you had the chance to interact with customers.
Line Cook, Caterer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario17 August 2012
A typical day at work would be to fill my station with the necessary foods required to fill my orders as they came in. I worked with co-workers that ranged in age from 18 to 48. The hardest part of the job was working with co-workers who did not have the same standards as myself but I enjoyed learning to work with them just the same.
Pros
the restaurant was near my house so i was able to walk to work.
Cons
having to work every single weekend.