Cora logo
Cora

Cora Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Work-life balance

Good workplace for experience in a kitchen.

My job position was as a cook. My work started at 8:00 a.m and ended at 3:00 p.m. My work consisted of preparing the food items for the orders made by customers, and also clean-up at closing time.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Extra work without pay

good place to work

its ok nice people to work with an unerstanding owner its hard to get time off for vacation or medical appointments customers are great but no perks or they never tell you how good of a worker you are

Pros

great people

Cons

no break an long hours

I worked here with my father for a short while, good environment and fun work experience

All I did was clean tables and help customers with some demands such as water or getting the waiters attention. Other than that I swept and did other small tasks.

Pros

Some free food

Fast past workplace

The particular Mississauga location was constantly busy, which meant that being quick and being able to handle several tables at once was a necessity.

Pros

60% off on means

Cons

Tiring

Decent job

Minimum wage, however the boss is demanding especially when I was injured. Worked minimal hours and decently relaxing job for the most part. My coworkers were friendly and helpful.

Pros

Free breakfast, Free smoothies.

Cons

Short hours

Healthy workplace

Working at Cora's has let me develop and improve my passion for cooking. This experience educated me on how to work in a clean environment. My exposure to various dishes that I was previously not aware of letting me expand my passion at home.

Pros

Gained knowledge, exposure to different types of food

Cons

Cautious around equipment, no health benefits, no job assurance

Fast Pace

Mornings started at 9 am I'd set up and prep my station, grab anything for others if needed such as eggs, fruits or veggies, and pancake mix. At the end of the day I would take out the next days supplies, clean my station and restock line. I learned that working in an environment that doesn't change after a certain amount of time isn't good for you emotionally or physically. The management changed when I worked there, they cleaned up the place but there always seemed to be something wrong. They'd get it fixed but in a week or two it wouldn't work. The hardest part of the job was working with the guy next to me. He was in charge of chits and because I was at the end of the line in a small space was tough to get by during a rush. Plus, working with him was difficult enough, he wouldn't allow me to help the way the person before him had in dishing out plates. I tried to talk it out, but between two jobs and full time classes, the time came when I couldn't deal. The enjoyable part of the job, small space made it easy to communicate with the line.

Awesome place to work as I LOVE to cook!

Working at Cora's was an amazing experience! I loved meeting new customers as well as getting to know our regulars. Great team of employees and definitely learned quite a few good recipes! The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be seeing our customers happy and coloring with the kids !

Pros

Smiles all day

Cons

Our location was extremely busy but we managed quite well and never had any complaints !

Great People and Positive attitude

- Line chef Prepping plates designing and cutting fruit- I learned how to create great plate designs, smoothies, and great tasting waffles- The management was great they show great care in there employees- Co-workers were great and worked well through rush hours- Hardest part about the job was the pressure of many plates need to be made at once- Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paste and you are always doing something

Pros

free lunch

Cons

slow training and takes time to get used to

Open concept restaurant in which you had the chance to interact with customers.

A typical day at work would be to fill my station with the necessary foods required to fill my orders as they came in. I worked with co-workers that ranged in age from 18 to 48. The hardest part of the job was working with co-workers who did not have the same standards as myself but I enjoyed learning to work with them just the same.

Pros

the restaurant was near my house so i was able to walk to work.

Cons

having to work every single weekend.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cora?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement