Cora

Cora Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Coras was my first serving job where I was taught by my coworkers who I worked alongside daily. We helped each other if one of us fell behind. There was always someone making a joke to keep morale high when it would get busy on weekends. The hardest part of the job was the high turn around rate there was a new table every 30 minutes or less with each server having on average five to ten tables to themselves at any time. Meeting new people was always fun and the regulars made it feel like an extended family on the days they came in.
high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.
Cora’s was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. I did many many things that were management worthy, after working for 6ish months I had no desire to continue working as a dishwasher when i applied for a host position and was told id be promoted every week, not once was i.
The job itself, fine. The environment in which you are forced to work was abusive and toxic for your mental well being. It is very difficult to be regularly screamed at for being stupid and not good enough, and then try to maintain a happy demeanor to the guests. If you want a job where you are constantly talked down to, and not allowed time off during long weekends, holidays, spring break, summer break, winter break, christmas, or weekends, then this is the job for you. I'm sure other Cora franchises are fine, I just got unlucky enough to work at one where everyone is underappreciated, constantly stressed and walking on eggshells around management.
Pros
decent tips
Cons
Always understaffed, bully managment, no time off