Cora

Cora Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Very fast paced environment but no skills required. Super easy and straightforward work. Incredibly HIGH turnaround. Boss basically lived in his office and could care less about the business. The only time I really saw him do much was when head office was there or on a rare occasion when kitchen was short staffed but not front of house. So management was lack there of for sure
Working at Cora's was great because it was all day shifts. I liked working with the staff until the management changed hands, every time the minimum wage went up they upped our tip out.
It is nice to work everyday,i have learned how to be clean and neat to every station i worked. The management is good and they orient employees before they hire them.
An enjoyable place to work and Team work produces Positivity. Friendly staff in a multi cultural atmosphere. Outgoing fresh atmosphere providing an enjoyable meal
Pros
afternoons free
Cons
can get busy on weekends
I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it. You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.
Pros
morning job
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out
management was really helpful and welcome to train. the hardest part of the job was when it was closing time and an individual will walk in 5 minutes till when we close.
Mostly always busy, really keeps you on your toes. Deal with customers always with a bright smile as well as an understanding and patient mind set. Its difficult to watch your team and your section without loosing track of one or the other and for being awesome thank you management. Doing your job correctly and without grief helps the team, don't ever expect help when you cannot help yourself.
I loved working here. We had a great team and an awesome boss. Management is not bad and team work is the best. My heartfelt sadness that the owner is closing for business. I can stay here for 5 more years if can be. It was a multi cultural team but we went along well. I have learned to use my time management as this is a fast paced restaurant. Great deal of patience and common sense too. There is nothing easy , all but hard work, but it is where we can test ourselves, so yes, it is still good.
Pros
free lunch and tips
Cons
store is closing down soon
Super fast paced environment, but a whole lot of fun. Management is good, flexible hours. A phenomenal team of people to work with! As expected working at a restaurant the wage isn't awesome but the environment is addicting!
Pros
Free lunches
Typical day . Log in, check server sections, see if we are out of anything for the day, approach tables with a smile and good morning, suggest 2 items coffee juice or the days smoothie, take the orders check back to make sure the guests are satisfied,, Receive payment and thank them for coming in There is always something to keep you busy at cora and is the best thing about being a server there Chefs and owner are always helpful, when there"s a guest concern, which makes the work environment a pleasant one to be around Hardest part of the job is trying to balance so much at one given time And the most enjoyable part is making the guests very happy, times when you connect with them are the best part of the postion
Great place to work, friendly and out going staff, great management and room to grow and advance within the company. lots of friendly regulars that you get to know over time.
Very busy restaurant, fun workplace with friendly staff, an excellent example of teamwork. Long hours, especially weekend, but good money, fair rewards for your hard work.
Cons
not a bad to place to work but just couldn't afford to live in Calgary at the salary. so I moved back to grande prairie. kitchen manager had problems with communication learned nothing much
I got to work 10 minutes before my shift everyday so that you don't worry as much about being late, the place got busy around 11 am on saturdays, I would get to work as soon as possible and have everything organized and ready so that once it get's busy tables are ready for customers and it's not as unorganized. Learned tips and tricks to amazing customer service. Management was amazing the boss was very open to the customers, the customers felt as if they've known the boss for a long time even though they've just met him. The boss made them feel welcomed, Cora's was a very welcoming place, people walked out with smiles. Co-workers were nice and welcoming, they made the job even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job, there wasn't any, the most hardest things could get would be when it got too busy and tables were full so you had to be quick with getting tables ready for the customers because you don't want the customers to be waiting, most enjoyable part was communicating with the customers, they're all very sweet!