Cora Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Awful. Bad management. Poor salary.
Fruiter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2020
They pay you less than what you should be receiving. Management is awful. He does not give days off and when calling in sick you will receive a nasty response and overall not understanding.
Pros
Free toast and jam.
Cons
Long hours. Can't take days off unless you are hospitalized.
Stressful Environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 October 2016
While I did enjoy this job (the cooking aspect), I did not enjoy the work environment. Kitchen staff were unreliable and there were many times myself and another new worker would be stuck running the kitchen during breakfast rush by ourselves. Waitstaff treated kitchen staff disrespectfully. It was a hostile atmosphere.
That being said, I learned alot at this job. I learned how to run a kitchen. I learned how to calmly deal with stressful and hectic situations. I learned knife skills and cooking skills.

A typical day at work for me would be as follows:
I would be at work for 5:40 am and be ready and in the kitchen at 5:45am. I would begin by turning on the flattops and waffle irons. I would get a large pot of water boiling for the poached eggs. Turn on the panini press and toaster. I would then get a pot of Hollandaise into the bain marie. I would grease down the flattops and start cooking potatoes, bacon, and sausages. I would prep each station and stock ingredients and products necessary for the day. In between all of this, I would prepare orders for our early customers. I usually opened by myself. The other kitchen staff would come in around 7-9am at which point I would switch to the Benedict station and the lunch station. However, I was trained to work all 4 stations when needed. The lunch and benedict station cosisted of making benedicts, sandwiches, the Soup of the Day and the Quiche of the Day (both of which I had to think of a recipe on my own). At the end of my shift (usually around noon), I would clean up my station and make sure it was well stocked for the
  more... rest of service.  less
Pros
Free meal and coffee, opportunity to learn new skills, fast paced environment, consistently busy
Cons
Hostile work environment, awful management
Productive and good kitchen
Kitchen Supervisor / Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 July 2012
Get you early hours of the morning preparing for the morning. Turning on all equipment. Cooking food and prepping the line for breakfast.

I have learned to work productively in a fast paced environment where orders have to be quick and accurate.

My co-workers are hard workers who are efficient and resourceful.

Hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to new menu changes.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with my c-workers.
Pros
free lunches, laid back
Cons
long hours, huge rushes