Cora logo
Cora

Cora

Cora Employee Review

Unfortunate place to work with little benefits

I did not enjoy working here at all. I worked there as a hostess for a couple of months over the summer and I absolutely hated the job. I was given the worst hours that included all weekend shifts and no weekdays despite me having availability and clearly stating I did not want to work everyday during the weekends. (All of my other co-workers only worked once or twice for weekends)Cora is also very busy and they never have enough staff to cover breaks, so hostesses have to work 5-7 hours without a single break. And due to the budget cuts, there there is no discounts on food, you get toast and water that's it. You are also expected to do a million extra jobs and get them done quickly, which proves pretty impossible when there are only a few of you. Also had some problems with the manager and receiving my checks. And no tip outs for hostesses. Overall it was a stressful experience and I would never work there again. I don't recommend working there unless you want to be server as they keep the majority of their tips.

Pros

morning job

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, minimum wage pay, no tip out

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive, amazing hours, and friendly staff :)

I love my overall work experience at Cora, especially the staff who are so friendly and inclusive! There are many benefits to working here, and this makes me happy.

Pros

close at 3pm

Cons

no breaks
Same role

Cora restaurant

This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management
Same location

Was terrible

After working here, I will swear never to eat at another Cora again. They treat they’re customers poorly, keep stacks of food on the grill at all time for the entire shift to feed to customers. Everyone who works here if just there for a pay check, not because they enjoy working there.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Was disgusting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Cora with

• Cora
  • Unfortunate place to work with little benefits