Cora
Cora Employee Review

Poorly run by owners/managers

30 April 2020
Very fast paced, absolutely no time or chance for a break or any thanks, tips very poor, servers payout 3% of their ring outs to owner for distribution to BOH staff , BOH would get.050 or 50 cents an hour or $5 per shift. Owner / management did not know staffs jobs nor did they help you out very high turnover of staff no one wanted to work for them, I recommend not to apply
1.0Job security/advancement
24 June 2019
Same role
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) - London, ON
At Cora's I learned about the teamwork required to run a successful breakfast and lunch restaurant. The team here was well organized, quic, and effective at dealing with all situations.
8 March 2019
Same role
Cook/Dishwasher/Waiter (Current Employee) - Newmarket, ON
I would arrive at work no earlier then 8 as fit to my scheduling to greet everyone with a morning hi as usual. The average day at cora can range from so-so to crazy in terms of work as customers rush in random waves that are either slow but constant or pretty much akin to a pihrana attack.The people who work their are friendly and always look to strive and grow. The enviroment is friendly and great for anyone looking to start a job and build a backbone to branch off.
Pros
Hours are good
Cons
Lunch loses its sparkle after eating it every week
2 August 2020
Same location
server (Former Employee) - Burlington North, ON
This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management/owner
  1. Poorly run by owners/managers