Cora
Cora Employee Review

Horrible working environment

28 July 2020
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Bad owner Bad management
2 August 2020
Same roleSame location
server (Former Employee) - Burlington North, ON
This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management/owner
17 June 2020
Same role
Waiter, Expo/Runner, Host (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
It was a fast paced busy restaurant with early hours and being done early in the afternoon. Gave me a lot more experience as a server and sped up my service speed considerably. Most servers were a lot of fun to work with and we created a well oiled machine when we got into a rhythm. Hardest part sometimes was the cleaning and closing if it was busy and had to sweep, mop, seat, serve, take payments, cash out almost on our own by the end of the day. I would work at another Cora again if given the chance now that I live in another city.
Pros
Free soup.
Cons
Sometimes too busy.
30 April 2020
Same location
BOH cook/dishwasher/fruits person (Former Employee) - Burlington, ON
Very fast paced, absolutely no time or chance for a break or any thanks, tips very poor, servers payout 3% of their ring outs to owner for distribution to BOH staff , BOH would get.050 or 50 cents an hour or $5 per shift. Owner / management did not know staffs jobs nor did they help you out very high turnover of staff no one wanted to work for them, I recommend not to apply
  1. Horrible working environment