Cora
Cora Employee Review

fast paced with turn around rate

26 April 2020
Coras was my first serving job where I was taught by my coworkers who I worked alongside daily. We helped each other if one of us fell behind. There was always someone making a joke to keep morale high when it would get busy on weekends. The hardest part of the job was the high turn around rate there was a new table every 30 minutes or less with each server having on average five to ten tables to themselves at any time. Meeting new people was always fun and the regulars made it feel like an extended family on the days they came in.
3.0Job security/advancement
2 August 2020
Same role
server (Former Employee) - Burlington North, ON
This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management/owner
28 July 2020
Same role
Server (Former Employee) - Burlington, ON
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.
Pros
Cons
Bad owner Bad management
24 May 2020
Same location
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) - Kamloops, BC
high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.
  1. fast paced with turn around rate