Cora logo
Cora

Cora

Cora Employee Review

Fast Pace

Mornings started at 9 am I'd set up and prep my station, grab anything for others if needed such as eggs, fruits or veggies, and pancake mix. At the end of the day I would take out the next days supplies, clean my station and restock line. I learned that working in an environment that doesn't change after a certain amount of time isn't good for you emotionally or physically. The management changed when I worked there, they cleaned up the place but there always seemed to be something wrong. They'd get it fixed but in a week or two it wouldn't work. The hardest part of the job was working with the guy next to me. He was in charge of chits and because I was at the end of the line in a small space was tough to get by during a rush. Plus, working with him was difficult enough, he wouldn't allow me to help the way the person before him had in dishing out plates. I tried to talk it out, but between two jobs and full time classes, the time came when I couldn't deal. The enjoyable part of the job, small space made it easy to communicate with the line.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Overall

I worked at coras during high school. Full time during the summers and part time during school. This job has the best managers and job culture. You could get along with everyone even in the most stressful situations
Same role

Active workplace

great place to work if your into a fast past, and likes to learn how to cook on a flat top. Great employees to work with. positive people. Can handle being under pressure.
Same location

Good workplace for experience in a kitchen.

My job position was as a cook. My work started at 8:00 a.m and ended at 3:00 p.m. My work consisted of preparing the food items for the orders made by customers, and also clean-up at closing time.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Extra work without pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement