Cora
Cora Employee Review

Face paced with a rhythm.

17 June 2020
It was a fast paced busy restaurant with early hours and being done early in the afternoon. Gave me a lot more experience as a server and sped up my service speed considerably. Most servers were a lot of fun to work with and we created a well oiled machine when we got into a rhythm. Hardest part sometimes was the cleaning and closing if it was busy and had to sweep, mop, seat, serve, take payments, cash out almost on our own by the end of the day. I would work at another Cora again if given the chance now that I live in another city.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Free soup.
Cons
Sometimes too busy.
2 August 2020
Same role
server (Former Employee) - Burlington North, ON
This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management/owner
28 July 2020
Same role
Server (Former Employee) - Burlington, ON
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.
Pros
Cons
Bad owner Bad management
24 September 2018
Same location
Dishwasher (Current Employee) - Kelowna, BC
I have been working here for two years and ongoing I have full commitment staying longer just love my staff and its place I want come to everyday! Cora is amazing all I got say about it!
Pros
Great tips and benefits
Cons
Gets slow in fall and winter
  1. Face paced with a rhythm.