Cora Employee Reviews

Canada199 reviews
On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.
Le gérant arrêt tes pas de me critiquer et ses tes pas cool et ses tes plate
Cons
Plate
All Coras are franchised. The people that owned the one i worked at were really good. The one i worked at in Burlington on Plains road was horrible. Kitchen staff swore at the servers, male owner very rude and unhelpful. Work loads at both locations is ridiculous for the rate of pay. Sunshine grill have the right idea, tip out higher, they have peoplecome in and do floors, washrooms, windows etc.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Work load
My experience was really good because it was a family orientated restaurant very friendly people willing to help you in anything that you need or you don’t understand or all the best experience I have working here
Pros
Discount 50%
Cons
Monday-Sunday
One of the worst jobs I have ever worked. The owner only cared about money, nothing else. You always got blasted for something you didn't do. The kitchen and front of house were so divided. No one worked as a team. No one cared about anyone else but themselves.
Pros
Leaving from there.
Cons
This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money.
Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!!

I would NOT recommend working here!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management/owner
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.
Pros
Cons
Bad owner Bad management
It was a fast paced busy restaurant with early hours and being done early in the afternoon. Gave me a lot more experience as a server and sped up my service speed considerably. Most servers were a lot of fun to work with and we created a well oiled machine when we got into a rhythm. Hardest part sometimes was the cleaning and closing if it was busy and had to sweep, mop, seat, serve, take payments, cash out almost on our own by the end of the day. I would work at another Cora again if given the chance now that I live in another city.
Pros
Free soup.
Cons
Sometimes too busy.
high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.
I worked at coras during high school. Full time during the summers and part time during school. This job has the best managers and job culture. You could get along with everyone even in the most stressful situations
Cora’s was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. I did many many things that were management worthy, after working for 6ish months I had no desire to continue working as a dishwasher when i applied for a host position and was told id be promoted every week, not once was i.
Very fast paced, absolutely no time or chance for a break or any thanks, tips very poor, servers payout 3% of their ring outs to owner for distribution to BOH staff , BOH would get.050 or 50 cents an hour or $5 per shift. Owner / management did not know staffs jobs nor did they help you out very high turnover of staff no one wanted to work for them, I recommend not to apply
Majority of staff is amazing and wonderful to work with.
Conditions are fairly good.

Very fast paced and stressful at times.

Is often fluxiating in slow days and fast.
Coras was my first serving job where I was taught by my coworkers who I worked alongside daily. We helped each other if one of us fell behind. There was always someone making a joke to keep morale high when it would get busy on weekends. The hardest part of the job was the high turn around rate there was a new table every 30 minutes or less with each server having on average five to ten tables to themselves at any time.
Meeting new people was always fun and the regulars made it feel like an extended family on the days they came in.
great place to work if your into a fast past, and likes to learn how to cook on a flat top. Great employees to work with. positive people. Can handle being under pressure.
I love their food it’s amazing, mostly a lot of things are fresh and are made fresh. Cocktails you have to try no disappointments at all I can guarantee you that overall it’s the best place to be. Very fast-paced and food comes out faster than most restaurants
This restaurant is very good for students to work at because of the part time schedule available for them. Very friendly co workers and very good management
My time working with Cora's was a positive experience. I loved the team and was fun working with them. i made a lot of friends there too. My manager treated me fairly and I would recommend this company to my friends.
Finish by 4 o’clock everyday

Work with a team of four for each station

Prepare all items to order

Slower days during the week.
Overall a great learning experience with many skills adapted. Friendly environment. Helpful staff. always there to help out on the line. There were a lot of different opportunities to learn different things just in that one kitchen.
Cora's is a fun and fast paced company to work for, the work/life culture is amazing. My typical day work start with greeting all co-workers, an interior and exterior walk through of the store, kitchen line check, set up of food pass. Work the dinning room meeting all guests, ensuring service and food quality meets all expectations.