Cora Employee Reviews

Awful. Bad management. Poor salary.
Fruiter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2020
They pay you less than what you should be receiving. Management is awful. He does not give days off and when calling in sick you will receive a nasty response and overall not understanding.
Pros
Free toast and jam.
Cons
Long hours. Can't take days off unless you are hospitalized.
First serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB12 January 2020
This is where I first started serving. Large sections after a few months and was able to make quick easy money in no time. Nights off were defiantly a huge plus!
Fast paced environment with fun coworkers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Carlton Park, ON20 December 2019
I learned a lot of things working at Cora Breakfast. Great people to work with but working in a restaurant is generally a difficult task, much respect.
Productive place
Server (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC28 November 2019
I learnt a lot while working there. Management team is cooperative. I have been working there since the day it was opened and so as training provided was very valueable.
Great place to.learn but lots of stress and have to work fast
Kitchen team (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 November 2019
Love workkng at cora but some timed its too much .. you have to have patience to take stress .. weekends are so busy line up but working with great team helps a lot ..
Very nice manager and co-workers
Serveuse (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC22 November 2019
Staff is super encouraging, helpful and fun. Everyone gets along! Breakfast restaurants are great, especially considering the fact you finish early and have the rest of the day for yourself.
nice environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 November 2019
good and clean workplace. The management team are very approachable, all the workers are friendly, The working hours are from 6 a.m to 4 p.m only, so you can still have another work in the afternoon.
Can be fast paced, but also can be slow.
Host (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 November 2019
There are days where it feels like you haven't stopped moving from the moment you stepped in to the moment you've left, and other days where you're truly struggling to find something to do if you're not a server.
Awesome and Fast
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 November 2019
Awesome, dealing with food professionally. Very fast pace and awesome. Great place for people to have breakfast. Using many skills including, knife skills!
Host/expo
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2019
Very fast paced environment but no skills required. Super easy and straightforward work. Incredibly HIGH turnaround. Boss basically lived in his office and could care less about the business. The only time I really saw him do much was when head office was there or on a rare occasion when kitchen was short staffed but not front of house. So management was lack there of for sure
The owner is hands-on to his business.
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 October 2019
the job has a nice work environment. they offer good Canadian food. the staffs are friendly and customer-centred. there are a lot of good foods to choose from.
working at cora’s
Hostess & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 October 2019
working there was ok.
there is a lot to learn and is a very fast paced environment as it does tend to get very very busy on a regular basis, takes awhile to get used to.
management team is completely unprofessional including the boss, way too much drama and no respect.
Management is absolutely terrible.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 September 2019
As a former employee it was very frustrating for getting punished for things we shouldnt have been punished for. If we ever called in sick (with a doctors note) the management would punish you by cutting your shifts for the following weeks. I know some of my coworkers would come in really ill because they couldnt afford to have their shifts cut in the following weeks. Worst
A really fast-paced job
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 September 2019
The management was pretty decent when it comes to giving hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work with nice people.I have learned people must never settle for less.
Poor Management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 September 2019
I was not pleased with the management at Cora. I felt like the environment was very competitive and unreliable. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers.
Enjoyed our regular customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2019
Working at Cora's was great because it was all day shifts. I liked working with the staff until the management changed hands, every time the minimum wage went up they upped our tip out.
Collègues agréables et employeur compréhensif
Serveuse (Current Employee) –  Laval (53)3 September 2019
L'équipe est géniale. Les employés s'entraident et le patron est très compréhensif. L'horaire est flexible et adapté à toutes sortes de besoins. L'équipe sait bien s'adapter au imprévus.
Fun staff to work with
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  845 Dakota St Unit 30, Winnipeg, MB R2M 5M319 August 2019
Not eneough hours or days, hardworking staff, good mangement, awesome food, felt comfortable there at times. Made some friends there as well, easy and friendly people to get along with.
Pros
had good tips
Cons
barely any breaks
Not professional horrible training
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON9 August 2019
The Orleans location is very unprofessional in terms of training they leave you alone and expect you to know everything right away, they also said the first week is paid in cash so under the table which is completely illegal! I highly do not recommend this location
Cons
the staff is nice but the manager is moody
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 July 2019
it was a fun summer job but the restaurant is too small for all the business they get. the staff is very friendly. I learned how to be a hostess. the hardest part was figuring out how to seat people without stressing out servers or repeatedly seating them. the fun part was breaks and the coffee.