Cora

Cora: 206 Employee Reviews

Canada206 reviews

restaurantkitchenbreakfastserverbusyfoodtablecook

Fast pace

Working at Cora’s is like any restaurant very busy fast pace with never enough staff not really fun but not horrible management will never be amazing.

Stessful, joyless drudgery but nice customers, good tips/hours. Terrible FOH management.

Busy from beginning to end of shift which makes the time pass quickly. Can be overwhelming on days when you are serving and handling all the skip/uber/doordash. Regulars/customers/co-workers generally nice. Left because I hated the inept, irritable manager.

Pros

hours, tips

Cons

Poor FOH management

Insights into Cora

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Fast pace work place with happy environment

This place was actually quite lovely to work at, and management was sweet. Very flexible with schedule which is nice ! The only thing I have to complain about is how only servers and kitchen, along with management get tipped out. Host should be tipped out as well, and they aren’t. They run around cleaning tables, running drinks and food, basically doing anything the servers need help with. I believe it would be fair they got tips as well. Other then that though, it’s a happy work environment and would recommend it.

Pros

25% off food under 5 hours of work, 50% of food over 5 hours of work

Cons

Host getting no tips, no online work app

Decent highschool job

Most of the staff and management were pretty nice and helpful. I worked as a cook and did dishwashing duties as well. The hours are quite flexible especially if you're a student

Better oppurtunities in life once you leave this place

It's flexible because there isn't enough work as a part-timer. I served as both a Host and Dishwasher which was not worth the pay and lack of leadership from the higher-ups. If you are seeking job security and a decent paycheck get a government job or a more corporatized restaurant that runs till late. We would close at 2 or 4 so there was not much to earn.

Pros

Grunt Work

Cons

Learn to enjoy life more after working here

Management was good, coworkers were not

Management does a good job at everything except controlling certain, rude, employees. You make good money in tips. Wish there was a different uniform.

Extremely fast paced but exciting

You can learn so many tricks from the kitchen and make a lot of money serving. Fast turnover on tables. Met a lot of amazing clients and friends out of working there.

Not sure what to say

Management sucked a lot, and the new owner and manager are not to bad but yeahThere was always a problem with something in the kitchen that would not be fixed that well. Over priced food, and not having the right amount staff during the busiest day of the week.Some of the customers where rude and was still allowed to come back.

Fun place to work and meet people having good times.

Work environment is great and the people are awesome but if you can handle pressure it’s all there for u. Having days off is no issue at all and pay can be alot better though.

Pros

Free lunch/breakfast

Cons

Lots of cleaning up

Was terrible

After working here, I will swear never to eat at another Cora again. They treat they’re customers poorly, keep stacks of food on the grill at all time for the entire shift to feed to customers. Everyone who works here if just there for a pay check, not because they enjoy working there.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Was disgusting

Productive, amazing hours, and friendly staff :)

I love my overall work experience at Cora, especially the staff who are so friendly and inclusive! There are many benefits to working here, and this makes me happy.

Pros

close at 3pm

Cons

no breaks

Ses plate

Le gérant arrêt tes pas de me critiquer et ses tes pas cool et ses tes plate

Cons

Plate

Owner

All Coras are franchised. The people that owned the one i worked at were really good. The one i worked at in Burlington on Plains road was horrible. Kitchen staff swore at the servers, male owner very rude and unhelpful. Work loads at both locations is ridiculous for the rate of pay. Sunshine grill have the right idea, tip out higher, they have peoplecome in and do floors, washrooms, windows etc.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Work load

Productive and fun work place

My experience was really good because it was a family orientated restaurant very friendly people willing to help you in anything that you need or you don’t understand or all the best experience I have working here

Pros

Discount 50%

Cons

Monday-Sunday

Do not work here.

One of the worst jobs I have ever worked. The owner only cared about money, nothing else. You always got blasted for something you didn't do. The kitchen and front of house were so divided. No one worked as a team. No one cared about anyone else but themselves.

Pros

Leaving from there.

Poor FOH Management

This was a job where you got underpaid for the work that you did. As a server you were expected to host, serve, take payments, clean the tables, and do our dishes... I did many many things that were management worthy! We were rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort or job well done... Communication between management and staff was aweful. They have poor people skills and very poor attitude... There was no proper FOH training... We were constantly be-littled and told we made too much money. Customers notice and aren't happy and staff is fed up at this location!! I would NOT recommend working here!!

Pros

Cons

Poor management/owner

Horrible working environment

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The owner and management don't care about the staff at all. Management is unorganized and don't know anything about managing. If you have a substance abuse problem, like to be told you make way too much money, have staff bully you without any action being taken and having management take all the hours, well then this is the job for you. This restaurant is going downhill fast. Customers aren't happy and staff is fed up. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for employment as well as a place to eat.

Pros

Cons

Bad owner Bad management

Face paced with a rhythm.

It was a fast paced busy restaurant with early hours and being done early in the afternoon. Gave me a lot more experience as a server and sped up my service speed considerably. Most servers were a lot of fun to work with and we created a well oiled machine when we got into a rhythm. Hardest part sometimes was the cleaning and closing if it was busy and had to sweep, mop, seat, serve, take payments, cash out almost on our own by the end of the day. I would work at another Cora again if given the chance now that I live in another city.

Pros

Free soup.

Cons

Sometimes too busy.

Poor management

high stress environment super fast passed. As a server you make decent money but you might as well go work anywhere else and make the same money and not have to put up with rude management. Constantly telling you that you will get a promotion i was a host for almost a year before they romoted me to a server. Then they told me that I wasn't good enough wasnt the same as when I started and that they could replace me easily. Just poor people skill and poor attitude don't work here.

Overall

I worked at coras during high school. Full time during the summers and part time during school. This job has the best managers and job culture. You could get along with everyone even in the most stressful situations

Treated Unfairly

On this job I was constantly be-littled, yelled at and berated when I was preforming a good job. Was rarely thanked or rewarded for a great effort. Would not recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement