Copper Branch

Copper Branch Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Lacks Team Work, Overall good environment to learn
If you dont mind being on your feet all day long and making preps (cutting veggies and proteins) then this is the place for you. you learn a lot about vegan foods, although could get stressful at times. If your are a student that is already stressed out, keep this inmind.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Stressful Environment, no room to grow
Productive and Fun Workplace with good people
I always had fun with my teammates every shift. Fast-paced at times. Good banter always helped. Customers can be very specific at times and can be challenging.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Great place to work and meet great people
The environment is friendly and the staff are all great people who care about the food they are serving.
The restaurant is clean and cozy with plenty of options for people to dine in or take out.
Facile mais lent
Il manque de clients donc ça finit par devenir déprimant
Don’t waste your time
Insanely unorganized, sets staff up to fail and then fires them without reason, routinely out of food. Half of the time it’s only one staff in the restaurant and with how busy it is, you’ll make customers frustrated and have to deal with poorly made food if there is any. Yet new staff is blamed for a lot of the issues. Impossible to work here, don’t waste your time.
Did not meet the standards
On the franchise:
The idea behind Copper Branch has always spoke to me in the best way and their way of using fresh and local food, and bringing fast vegan food to people’s life is innovative and a really good value.

My experience at MY location (NB; this does NOT apply to all locations. I can only state the things that i have witnesses):

I believe that my experience at Copper Branch was pretty high in emotions. My first time in the company was awesome, and it continued to be this way for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, i got to see pretty quick the poor gestion. My location’s administration got rocky really fast. When i came in the first time, there was no manager, and they hired one around the time i got hired. We had to train together and it was an odd thing that my manager had to train for the same things as i did: i couldn’t ask her questions about the job, she didn’t even know it herself. She quit very quickly after that because no one helped her to actually get to know her job. So everything had to change that i got used to by then changed.

Later on, we had many mew managers. Then we got our manager switched with one from another store. Everything changed again. The whole store was reorgonized and just as we were getting used to the new arrangement, this manager quit too and we had to get used to the old arrangement again. We finally got a new manager which i believe is still currently in the same location.

In my journey, i have seen too many employees (way more than it should have been) come and go, because of how poorly they were treated and how demanding
 - more...
Great Staff but Worst Management
The Copper Branch Bathrust is has very hard-working employees and everyone is good to work with each other but the management is not the best as they do not appreciate their employees. It is a bit stressful at night with all the cleaning needed to be done around the place and it takes a toll on the night shift crew. This place has had over 20 employees in less than 6 months of it opening because of management. The owner is extremely cheap and does not care much for his employees. He cant even buy band aid for the employees who constantly get hurt in the kitchen area and expects employees to bring their own first aid kits. As well as there is a lot of food wastage. If there is a web delivery order that was made but then cancelled we still have to throw that food in the garbage or risk to be fired. The owner wont allow employees to take the cancelled orders home but would rather have them thrown in the trash. It is a great place to work in if you are with the team but you would end up leaving because of management.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Long night hours, no benefits.
Mal géré
Ils ne m'ont jamais renvoyé ils ont seulement arrêtés de me donner des heures jusqu’à ce que je décide de démissionner. L'environnement de travail étais bien par contre.
Management needs a bit of work upon
The job is mainly fast-paced which makes it stressful. However, the work atmosphere is very open and inclusive. There is 8 employees and you can never get your shift taken by one if its 4 days before because there is such a lack of staff. The staff is nice to talk to but those uniforms are a misery.
Great people to work with
The job is mainly fast-paced which makes it stressful. However, the work atmosphere is very open and inclusive. The hours are very flexible and the people are great.
Fast-paced environment
Fast-paced environment. Seems overwhelming at first, although once you get the hang of it, everything is very self-explanatory.

Pros:

Fast-paced environment

Team orientated and friendly coworkers

Cons:

Management needs a bit of work upon
Productive and clean environment
I enjoyed working in a meatless kitchen environment because it was a lot easier to keep the kitchen clean, I didn't like the culture of hardness though, I believe that in a kitchen its good to be responsive but we sure to watch your attitude in front of the customers and I feel my other coworkers were a little too expressive and could of used a bit of an attitude adjustment,
it is ok
the job is fine. You do way more than what you are payed. It is a lot of work for a minimum wage job. There is 8 employees and you can never get your shift taken by one if its 4 days before because there is such a lack of staff. The staff is nice to talk to but those uniforms are a misery.
Productive and very friendly
Everybody worked as a team ! We always got along really well. The clientele was very nice also. People wouldn’t complain about nothing because the food was always well prepared.
Pros
50% off on all
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible management with no respect
Ok place to work if you're a student. There was no manager, team members sometimes took on supervisory roles. Schedules changed last minute, many people did not show up. Not always treated with respect.
Pros
good friends
management wasnt straight up and bad time management
dont waste your time applying , when i worked there i felt left out... they never trained me with everything and they said they would and on my third day they told me i didnt know anything..... how can i know anything if i no one took the time to teach me ?
Awesome work place
Very supportive team and leadership environment. A work day was very balanced and fun. Management was understanding of personal issues and did not discriminate.
Very hard and complicated work, no work hours, not worth it
they dont offer such a thing as "full-time", even if you're available, most you'll get is 3 hours a day. business going very slow and time scheduling is inflexible. Everyone working there has their own procedures and none respect the company ones.
Fun place to work!
Typical day is prepping food, serving customers, and cleaning, sometimes is mad busy and sometimes it's relaxing to just do prep and cleaning. I find management to be very fair and fun to work with, and the team pushes each other to do their best which is something I like.

I think the hardest part of the job would be following Copper Branches high standards for service and cleanliness, but it is super rewarding to hear customers compliment us on our work so it's worth it in the end. It's a learning experience and will teach you many things for future jobs!

I think my favorite part is for sure cleaning, it's what I'm good at personally, however I also enjoy talking to regulars and learning french through integration.

If you're looking for a stable workplace with good (and flexible)hours, I recommend copper branch.
Pros
Fun team, good management, good workout
Cons
Rushes can be intense, a little strict, uniform is not comfortable to work in
Management is really bad
Not growing opportunities
No benefits

Long shifts

Its slavery with minimum wage

The hours are not flexible, there are 3 in store managers and no one moves a finger even if the place is full

They just care about money and not about their employees, many coworkers were found crying in the fridge because all the pressure.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours, no benefits
A simple job with no sens of accomplishment
If you're a student this is a good job because it is flexible. However, when you work there, don't expect to be treated with respect. No real connection with your bosses. You're basically a number and they do not care at all about you.

What I've learn:

-How to NOT treat your staff.

-See redflags? Run,

-Food rotation

Hardest part of the job is to keep smiling and focus when your boss is yelling or just being in a bad mood.

Most enjoyable part of the job:

-payment

-collegues

-10% OFF
Pros
Flexible