Coppa's Fresh Market

Coppa's Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Productive and fair treatment

Fair treatment with workers. As long as you do your assigned tasks, the job will not be stressful job. Salary offered according to the position desired, however no performance review yearly.

No communication

Poor customer service because of short staffing and store shelves are always out of stock on basic grocery items, too many to mention. Also 0disappointing their customers at the same time. And at a time where food prices are rising Coppa's prices are through the roof, and quality product and selection is poor....check the dates, their rotation practices needs improvement. Good luck!!

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

The most miss managed place I’ve ever been

I was expected to help in every department and they barely trained me. Had to do even the managers task while he went and did who knows what.

Pros

Full time

Cons

Don’t care about employees. Everything expired

horrible management and enviroment

Most manager department don't care about your schedule and will place you for any shift even thought you cant work and have specifically told them you cant work that day, they will still schedule you... and you WILL have to show up or elseYou cant ask for weekends off more than 2 times. So you must choose those weekends you want off wisely. They will always be short staffed in the kitchen and they WILL send you to clean their kitchen even thought you weren't hire for that position in the first place.

Terrible owners and dept managers

They don’t care about their employees and let people go without any reason or warning.. awful place all other food chains way better for people..dept managers were vindictive.. owners do not care about there employees.. let people go without any warnings and no reason for dismissal I have never been treated so badly from any other work I did in my life..

horrible

worst place ever. management is terrible. owners are distant and not in touch with their clients or staff. have absolutely no idea on how to treat staff or even make them feel like a part of their success.

Stay far far away

Do not apply here if you value your sanity. Management is overbearing and toxic, and will not listen to any suggestions regarding what customers actually ask for because they believe every location should be run the same despite what the different clientele wants. If anyone dares speak out, they are fired on the spot. The owner is known to come in to scream and swear at employees just trying to do their job, and has caused many blowout scenes in front of customers. They have so many positions open because between people quitting and being fired, the business is like a revolving door...run now.

Worst place

Worst place To work at The family who owns this business has no respect for employees and no respect for customers for their needs. Treated like puppets on strings and treated like human trash have no respect for Their employees and treat them like garbage all they care about is him selves and make their money

Pros

No pros

Cons

Owners didn’t Treat their employees fairly

no chance to grow.

no chance to grow fun place to work, but lot of pressures. the owner always present. all workers are friendly. need to work on the weekend and holidays.minimum wages only

Pros

friendly people and supportive management

Cons

no fix schedules

I like there but their management is poor

If they pay more i felt better of my job but they get all my time and days and I couldn’t make plan for my life and it’s so bad , There is so friendly and peaceful and you can work without any stress and they train you very well. I have just problems about my schedule and my shift s are not fixable

Employees are great

Unknown business objectives, but employees are wonderful to work with. As long as you're happy with making the same amount of money for doing multiple jobs, you'll do fine.

Great team but management suck !!!

I only lasted a few months at Coppas my the team where great for what they had to put up with ,no job security the owners walk around the store like kings of Toronto and random head offa e people would show up and yell at every one, it’s like they have no idea how to run a store downtown .I was a shift manager and wasn’t aloud to hire any of my gay friends because it wasn’t the way we do things .....but looking back it was better I left shortly after ... don’t work for this company

Pros

I met some great team members

Cons

Zero job security and awfully work environment

Unorganized and toxic management.

Unorganized management. Suplies needed to do job were not provided in timley manners. Sometimes weeks would pass without having the things needed. Then they would scream at us like it was our fault. Management would yell at people in the middle of the store. Hours were ccontinuely cut.

Productive and easy to handle job.

So much easy job, but the management is not good. Even the time they gave to the employees, I'm a full time but from 37.5 hours they cut it to 33.5 hours that's not even a job hours for fulltime.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

They cut so much hours to everyone

its labour

hours run long, brakes are always late. no benefits people choose to work and others have to work and the workload is not fair for everyone requesting a day off is almost impossible

Pros

close to home

Cons

long hours, brakes run always late, turn around rate is high

Avoid at all costs.

Zero job security. Less than zero appreciation. Not nice people to work for. If you make more an hour than your co-workers...you are temporary and WILL be fired until they feel it time to replace you...no matter how hard you work. A despicable attitude towards employees...one I've never seen before. Keep job searching...too risky to trust these people.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Soul crushing

High quality grocery. Good team. Friendly management.

Coppa's Fresh Market is a good place to work. Friendly co-workers, opportunity for career advancement. Nice area, friendly customers. Good benefits package.

Abusive Management

The bakery manager was hard working and treated me well, but I didnt like the way she talked to some of my coworkers.. she was kind of a bully. On the other hand, the assistant manager was a complete nightmare. She was very narcissistic and vindictive.. if she didnt like you she would spread rumours and lies about you. She loved to gaslight me. She rarely ever worked or helped me when I was busy, and then would complain to the manager if I couldnt keep up with the rush. She spent most of her shift gossiping and wasting time. I worked very hard and was valuble to the company, but I had to leave due to her abuse.

Pros

Enjoyed my job

Cons

Abusive management

Bad environment

This store needs to work on team effort. They hire a bunch of people but some are clearly not trained. Even the managers don't do much work. Also they never got my schedule right and they would change it last minute online and give me dirty looks when I came in late. At least I would show up. Another thing to look after is how this store builds a display. They stack glass objects in a way where it can fall on a customer's. Turns out that happened one day when I was working there. So I page for my manager and no one is answering my calls. I highly suggest people not to work here if your looking for employment

Pros

Cons

Lazy staff, underpaid, work full time hours even though part time

The worst people ever

They are racist, rude and unbelievably unorganized. They talk in their own language and if you talk in your own language they will shout at you. Most of the people are depressed there and just want to shout at each other. The worst part is that they make everything from FROZEN and LIE to all the customers at their faces that they make everything from the scratch or at the store. Also, they pay different money to different people even when they are doing the same work!! Do not go to work here!!

Pros

Cons

Rude people, racist, loud, liers

Company functions and team bonding

Assist in the day to day sales of grocery products sold in the store. Coordination of product placement throughout the sales area. Maintain accurate levels of merchandise for the day to day sales. Meet the stores monthly targets and handle budgets. Inventory control and order processing. Deal with enquiries and complaints monitoring customer service levels. Provide professional and high level customer service to the customers. Training and recruitment of new employees. Maintain store safety by keeping floors clean, free of clutter and spills.

Pros

Great company atmosphere

Cons

tough to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coppa's Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6