Coppa's Fresh Market

Coppa's Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
I like there but their management is poor
If they pay more i felt better of my job but they get all my time and days and I couldn’t make plan for my life and it’s so bad , There is so friendly and peaceful and you can work without any stress and they train you very well. I have just problems about my schedule and my shift s are not fixable
horrible
worst place ever. management is terrible. owners are distant and not in touch with their clients or staff. have absolutely no idea on how to treat staff or even make them feel like a part of their success.
Stay far far away
Do not apply here if you value your sanity. Management is overbearing and toxic, and will not listen to any suggestions regarding what customers actually ask for because they believe every location should be run the same despite what the different clientele wants. If anyone dares speak out, they are fired on the spot. The owner is known to come in to scream and swear at employees just trying to do their job, and has caused many blowout scenes in front of customers. They have so many positions open because between people quitting and being fired, the business is like a revolving door...run now.
Worst place
Worst place To work at The family who owns this business has no respect for employees and no respect for customers for their needs. Treated like puppets on strings and treated like human trash have no respect for Their employees and treat them like garbage all they care about is him selves and make their money
Pros
No pros
Cons
Owners didn’t Treat their employees fairly
no chance to grow.
no chance to grow fun place to work, but lot of pressures. the owner always present. all workers are friendly. need to work on the weekend and holidays.minimum wages only
Pros
friendly people and supportive management
Cons
no fix schedules
Employees are great
Unknown business objectives, but employees are wonderful to work with. As long as you're happy with making the same amount of money for doing multiple jobs, you'll do fine.
Great team but management suck !!!
I only lasted a few months at Coppas my the team where great for what they had to put up with ,no job security the owners walk around the store like kings of Toronto and random head offa e people would show up and yell at every one, it’s like they have no idea how to run a store downtown .I was a shift manager and wasn’t aloud to hire any of my gay friends because it wasn’t the way we do things .....but looking back it was better I left shortly after ... don’t work for this company
Pros
I met some great team members
Cons
Zero job security and awfully work environment
Unorganized and toxic management.
Unorganized management. Suplies needed to do job were not provided in timley manners. Sometimes weeks would pass without having the things needed. Then they would scream at us like it was our fault.
Management would yell at people in the middle of the store.

Hours were ccontinuely cut.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coppa's Fresh Market?
Productive and easy to handle job.
So much easy job, but the management is not good. Even the time they gave to the employees, I'm a full time but from 37.5 hours they cut it to 33.5 hours that's not even a job hours for fulltime.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
They cut so much hours to everyone
its labour
hours run long, brakes are always late.
no benefits

people choose to work and others have to work and the workload is not fair for everyone

requesting a day off is almost impossible
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, brakes run always late, turn around rate is high
Avoid at all costs.
Zero job security. Less than zero appreciation. Not nice people to work for. If you make more an hour than your co-workers...you are temporary and WILL be fired until they feel it time to replace you...no matter how hard you work. A despicable attitude towards employees...one I've never seen before. Keep job searching...too risky to trust these people.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Soul crushing
High quality grocery. Good team. Friendly management.
Coppa's Fresh Market is a good place to work. Friendly co-workers, opportunity for career advancement. Nice area, friendly customers. Good benefits package.
Abusive Management
The bakery manager was hard working and treated me well, but I didnt like the way she talked to some of my coworkers.. she was kind of a bully. On the other hand, the assistant manager was a complete nightmare. She was very narcissistic and vindictive.. if she didnt like you she would spread rumours and lies about you. She loved to gaslight me. She rarely ever worked or helped me when I was busy, and then would complain to the manager if I couldnt keep up with the rush. She spent most of her shift gossiping and wasting time. I worked very hard and was valuble to the company, but I had to leave due to her abuse.
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
Abusive management
Bad environment
This store needs to work on team effort. They hire a bunch of people but some are clearly not trained. Even the managers don't do much work. Also they never got my schedule right and they would change it last minute online and give me dirty looks when I came in late. At least I would show up. Another thing to look after is how this store builds a display. They stack glass objects in a way where it can fall on a customer's. Turns out that happened one day when I was working there. So I page for my manager and no one is answering my calls. I highly suggest people not to work here if your looking for employment
Pros
Cons
Lazy staff, underpaid, work full time hours even though part time
The worst people ever
They are racist, rude and unbelievably unorganized. They talk in their own language and if you talk in your own language they will shout at you. Most of the people are depressed there and just want to shout at each other.
The worst part is that they make everything from FROZEN and LIE to all the customers at their faces that they make everything from the scratch or at the store. Also, they pay different money to different people even when they are doing the same work!!

Do not go to work here!!
Pros
Cons
Rude people, racist, loud, liers
Company functions and team bonding
Assist in the day to day sales of grocery products sold in the store.
Coordination of product placement throughout the sales area.

Maintain accurate levels of merchandise for the day to day sales.

Meet the stores monthly targets and handle budgets.

Inventory control and order processing.

Deal with enquiries and complaints monitoring customer service levels.

Provide professional and high level customer service to the customers.

Training and recruitment of new employees.

Maintain store safety by keeping floors clean, free of clutter and spills.
Pros
Great company atmosphere
Cons
tough to advance
not very nice people to work for
owner only care about them selves. worst store to work at. don't bother applying. owners are rude and un grateful

owner yells and screams at you in front of the customers and son call you a idiot if you don't know anything. Forgets employee in the store when closing
Horrible work environment
Horrible work environment, managers were horrible, staff turnover is very high. Didn't like anything about this job other than some of the staff! Worked around 14 hours because certain staff didn't show up for their shifts etc. Owners talk about you behind your back, seem really snobby!!!!
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
Pretty much everything
I had an amazing experience working at this location at Dufferin
It was such a beautiful atmosphere-the clients as well as staff were incredible to work with
Owners very rude and very hard to get a day off/understaffed
Employees almost get scared when owners walk in and have to please them more than focusing on the customers. Employees are not treated well and there is favouritism with their family friends that work there. Some people get all the opening shifts and some people get all the closing shifts, very unfair. Also very hard to get a day off because every department is extremely understaffed. It would be a better workplace and work environment if the owners treated their employees like human beings.
Pros
can make friends
Cons
always closing, owners rude, hard to get a day off, negative work environment
Awful Management .No respect for employee
closing shift 3 times a week .Arrogant manager who has no respect for employee and treat them like animal.The owner and his children micromanage employees all the time .you see owner screaming and insulting employees most of the time .no break on weekend .you must pay for uniform .no employee discount they have ridiculous loyalty plan for employee tht make them shop at the store for a year and at the end of the year if you have more than $500 they give 5 percent .
Pros
Employees
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coppa's Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7