Coppa's Fresh Market Employee Reviews

Owners very rude and very hard to get a day off/understaffed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 September 2018
Employees almost get scared when owners walk in and have to please them more than focusing on the customers. Employees are not treated well and there is favouritism with their family friends that work there. Some people get all the opening shifts and some people get all the closing shifts, very unfair. Also very hard to get a day off because every department is extremely understaffed. It would be a better workplace and work environment if the owners treated their employees like human beings.
Pros
can make friends
Cons
always closing, owners rude, hard to get a day off, negative work environment
Awful Management .No respect for employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON13 September 2018
closing shift 3 times a week .Arrogant manager who has no respect for employee and treat them like animal.The owner and his children micromanage employees all the time .you see owner screaming and insulting employees most of the time .no break on weekend .you must pay for uniform .no employee discount they have ridiculous loyalty plan for employee tht make them shop at the store for a year and at the end of the year if you have more than $500 they give 5 percent .
Pros
Employees
Cons
Productive and nice place to work
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
You can learn costumer service , helping people and improve yourself, most enjoyable time is when you helping costumer and that costumer is happy about you
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dufferin, ON30 July 2018
Nice area, friendly customers, and very neat workplace . The co workers and the employer are flexible to work with. Everyone gets their own employee benefits.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  North York, ON30 July 2018
I find Coppa's is a good place to work. Friendly co workers, and opportunity for advancement. Family owned and you actually see them and are approachable if need be.
Pros
Benefits, employee pricing in cafe.
Cons
Can be long hours sometimes.
good place for students to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  King City, ON10 June 2018
this job was the first one that I had and and on a dat to day basis I was a cashier and with this job it was scanning items, the biggest thing was remembering codes for all of the fruits and vegetables, so if you have a hard time remember things then this is not the job for you.
Pros
good working enviroment
Cons
no time for exams
Great place
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON14 April 2018
they will hire you on the spot and give you an opportunity they have hired 2 of my friends at the same location im at and they arehappy with them sofar as well i am glad to work for this company i know many may disagree as i see the reviews but so far i love working here
Pros
great hours and opportunities
its work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 February 2018
Easy job but there expectations are too high but not enough pay.
My manager is pleasant and friendly.
The hardest part of the job is on busy days theres never enough time to complete my work therefore the job becomes stressful
They rarely pay overtime
Applicants BEWARE
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Dufferin30 January 2018
In the last 5 years Coppas has turned over more employees than you can imagine. Managers including store managers over 30, Deli clerks over 40, Produce clerks over 50, Grocery clerks over 50, Drivers over 4, Meat dept over 30, Cashiers over 60, HMR hot foods over 40, Human Resource Management over 5, and many more employees were fired without just cause.

Not a safe place to work and risk leaving a steady job you currently have if you want to continue to pay your mortgage and feed your family. On average your shelf life is 6-12 months. Employees that stay are the core employees that have been working there for years.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
“Employees are Donkeys”
Good Job for Temporary Work
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 December 2017
I started working in 2017 and was impressed that my fellow employees were very welcoming in the beginning and were always more than happy to answer my questions throughout my employment.

Management is very understanding and will always check on you to see how you are feeling during your shift. The customers are generally very friendly and will have conversation with you while you are parceling their groceries. The workplace is very warm, welcoming, studious and relaxing regardless of how busy it becomes.

However, the only downside to this workplace is that head office is very fickle with hours and switching between part-time and full-time positions. I initially applied for full-time and received part-time instead, then it took a full two months to be approved for a full-time position. If you are planning to work full-time and then switch to part-time, you will have quite the battle ahead of you to keep your position.
Pros
Warm welcoming employees and managers, friendly understanding customers
Cons
Difficulty with receiving a raise in wages, fickleness with head office regarding hours and part/full-time positions

Want to know more about Coppa's Fresh Market?

Ask a question
Nightmare ... Keep Far Away .....
Employee (Former Employee) –  King City, ON27 November 2017
Miserable workplace . The Grandpa Owner Sits At Home Watching You On Camera , He Watches Every Move You Do .. Employees Are Scared Stiff Working In This Store. Lots Of Staff Changes, If You Last MoreThan A Month Go Play the Lotto Cause Your The Lucky One ... Every week You See A different Employee. management Is Horrible . doesn't Matter How Hard You Work ... To This Company You Are Just A Payroll Number , Nothing More ......... Good Luck .
Pros
Brand New Store
Cons
Unstable Place To Work
Lots of Opportunity
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  King City, ON16 November 2017
Great company with lots of opportunity to move up and into different departments. Great products, great customers who are loyal to the store. Managers and owners are great, very down to earth, open to suggestions and work with you.
great workplace
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Coppas fresh Market. the people are great! they treat their employees really nice. its a very respectful environment. it was a great job!!
Pros
three breaks
great family atmoshphere.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 September 2017
This is a very nice place to work with a great family atmosphere.
It is a family run business so they do things very Italian style but I like it. You get a free lunch at Christmas and if you a day off work you must give them at least two weeks notice.

I have been working here since 2012 and I enjoy it very much. I like my schedule because I don't mind working late shifts.
Pros
free lunch at christmas time.
Cons
late shifts
The owners are rude, racist and discriminating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rutherford, ON12 September 2017
I have worked here for years and see it all. The way this organization operates is disgusting and disgraceful. The owners treat their employees like dogs. They do not respect their employees and this they are superior than all mankind. They are rude to their employees, constantly screaming and yelling at them in front of customers and other employees. They use threats and intimidation to control their employees. No wonder people are quitting. Some have even suggested to call the UFCW to start a union other want to call the human rights to file a complaint of harassment and discrimination. The owners need to realize that without the employees, the stores will fall a part. We can see it coming apart now and it will get worst if they continue to mistreat their employees.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Owners are rude and racist
High quality grocery store
Cash and sales auditor, AP clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
High quality grocery.
Good team.
Friendly management.
The most enjoyable is the wok I am doing on the daily basis. It is interesting and challenge.
Low salary.
rude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 June 2017
horrible dreaded going to work everyday they were exceptionally rude to all workers treated us like animals the only reason i stayed for 8 months was for the people who actually worked there with me.
Pros
Cons
rude managers
Lots of opportunity for hard workers to advance up the chain
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
The environment at Coppa's Fresh Market is very friendly especially between employees. Theres always something to do which keeps you busy and the premises is very clean and safe which makes for an enjoyable experience. The best part in my opinion is the opportunity for employees as it is a small family run business. Anyone who works hard and shows some potential can climb their way up the ladder and find themselves in a very rewarding career not just a job.
Pros
Good clean safe environment, Friendly staff, Good guidance, Great opportunity
Cons
Very busy
Scary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  King City, ON15 May 2017
Very difficult place to work. More about making owners happy then customers. Beautiful store but the energy is way off. If it was more positive I think more people would stay. Yelling and screaming stopped many years ago.
fun work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
the workplace culture is amazing happy working here. lots of fun great employes to work wit everyone is super nice and hard working the most enjoyable part is going hime
Pros
long break
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coppa's Fresh Market. Our community is ready to answer.