Copart, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, never a dull moment
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
I enjoyed my time working here, all the people I worked with is the main reason I stayed for as long as I did. But as time went on the stress not only for me but my co-workers became too much and many of us ended up leaving. One of my co-workers had two strokes while working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not much support in the yard from management
Multitasking is key at Co part
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON4 December 2018
Very Busy and you must be able to multi task. Lots of stuff going on at all times.

learned about vehicle registration and Auto Auctions and how and why insurance companies write off vehicles as scrap.
Racist, Harrassment, Bullying, Toxic
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB26 November 2018
Unless your a favored employee your screwed. Very unethical treatment of employees, your concerns are not dealt with, no room for advancement, gossiping about other coworkers. Very toxic environment.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Harassment; Racism; Bullying
Title clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2018
The worse place to work in Calgary.
Education not valued.
Working hard not valued.
Uneducated people holding the highest positions.
Harassment, bullying, and favoring the employees.
Managers are chosen according to the likeness not to educational degree & experience.
No room to grow if you are not a favored employee.
friendly and open environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON17 July 2018
Part of a large Corporation with growth potential and stability in the market- allowing security and advancement.
There is diversity in the job, movement and growth.
Friendly and open environment with staff and clients.
Pros
Encouragement to cross train and transfer throughout company
Cons
Na
Two-faced and very clique-y for a small office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2017
This place is the worst. The company is too focused on taking down the competition and so cheap it forces individual yards to pay for things like replacing tires on loaders and even just fixing the loaders. That is a cost of business that the head office should help offset, not punish the yards as though these things happen due to the fault of the workers. It's normal wear and tear. You're dealing with wrecked vehicles. There will be times when a tire is punctured by loose scrap. But yard workers are expected to do a full day's work of receiving, inventory of vehicles, imaging said vehicles, and then walk acres of yard picking up even the smallest debris. It's ridiculous. Office staff are held responsible for things they can't control, such as independent tow companies who are contracted by the yards and the deadline to pick up vehicles. The drivers aren't Copart employees and don't really answer to the dispatcher, but if vehicles come in late, the dispatcher lives in fear of losing his or her job, at least at the London yard. If I could rate this 0 stars, I would.
Cons
horrible team spirit, blame culture, knowing you can be replaced any minute