Cooper Equipment Rentals

Cooper Equipment Rentals Employee Reviews

Cooper strives to put their core values first which makes it a great place to work. Upper management pushes employees to develop smarter equipment solutions for their customers. Cooper gives employees the flexibility to allow them to achieve a healthy work / home balance and continues to whole heartedly support employees through this global pandemic. There truly is no better place to work
Pros
Great people to work with / for
Cons
Just got hired on as a DZ driver and from management to coworkers this is a great place for a career. The branch manager and head mechanic are two of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and I know working with both of them will be a great opportunity/experience. And the employees I also met were very approachable and great to speak with as well.
Pros
Management/coworkers/pay/benefits/pension and driving a truck
Cons
Can be long hours
Cooper has proven to be a company that strives to make coming to work fun & enjoyable while working hard in a fast-paced environment to service our customers & grow the business. Executive & local leadership take a genuine interest in people helping them to become the best version of themselves possible. Executive management seems to genuinely understand that different markets have different needs & they look to the regional leaders to provide the direction & identify the areas of opportunity for business growth.The employees definitely work hard & put in the hours, but for many of us, that's part of the allure of the industry. No company is perfect and there are areas that the company is looking to improve but Cooper remains committed to their core values. For me, it's been a fantastic experience so far & l look forward to many more years to come.
This company doesn’t value skilled employees, wages are not up to par with the ever increasing cost of living and also the management lacks direction and leadership. If you’re starting out in this industry it’s a decent stepping stone to something better, but not a long term career option.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor wage, lacks leadership, inexperienced people working, lack of structure
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
The best part of the job are the relationships and the friendships that you build. The workplace culture is great and there are a lot of team bonding activities.
Like any job there are good day and bad days, at Cooper i have a lot more good days. Management recognizes hard work and supports growth. Cooper has a positive workplace culture which helps people advance in their career.
I have been working with Cooper for over 6 years now, and this is the happiest I have been when thinking back on all my past employers. The opportunities for growth are attainable and they encourage it! I have grown so much personally and within my career, and have met some great people along the way. Cooper is one of the first companies that I have worked for that makes me feel included, safe, and appreciated.
Cooper Equipment Rentals has been Canadian owned and operated Since 1972 and now has local presence across Canada. We off Smarter Equipment Solutions to our customers and ask the right questions to get them what they need the first time. It's a great company to work for that both of my brothers work for Cooper as well.
Great place to work. The people at Cooper are easy to work with and management is always willing to help. The job can be stressful at times but that’s the construction industry as a whole and Cooper does a great job at providing reliefs. All the branches have their specialty and work together to keep the customer happy.
Pros
Staff/Benefits
Great work culture and great people!Leadership is very approachable and there is a sense of family at the company. The interactions between coworkers is great!
Overall Cooper Equipment, is a good company. There is room for growth with their ambitious growth plans. I feel there approach is right, building the business around the people and the culture. This is what sets them a part from the competition. As like any other aggressively growing business, there is always a couple bumps in the road.
Pros
They value people first
Cons
Fast past environment
Cooper Equipment is a well managed company that is growing and has a good work team. There is a lot to learn ans I have found a very nice environment. It is definitely a good company to work.
Problems are not dealt with but rather pushed aside by management, there is also no structure what so ever. Instead of problem employees being dealt with they would rather everyone just get along
Branch manager is by the numbers only. Has no empathy for outside circumstances that may affect day to day work environment. Sometimes a person isn't able to leave the home life at home, and it affects the work life.
I enjoyed it ar first, but once new management came in. They started treating their long time employees like garbage. No one could feel safe or secure, and with good reason. A fellow co-worker got fired after working for them for a long time.
Dont trust what this place tells you. Safety is at the bottom of their list. Brought up multiple safety issues and was always given some lame reason why it wasn't an issue. Even after someone gets hurt. The branch gives no support to the drivers. If you work for them just a heads up. Watch your back you might find a knife in it
excellent place to work!!! management are understanding helpful tentetive to your needs. and we are always learning something new!!! And the equipment we rent and the trucks we drive are very well maintained!!!!
Pros
im going to just say EVERYTHING the whole place is a pro
Cons
wish i was younger starting here
The work was never appreciated, The owners were in Ontario and never showed a interest in the hourly employees advancement was never going to happen. It was all about money, Management always raised the bar
Successful branch in spite of problems. Individual effort is not recognized Performance management non-existent Poor Communication at many levels They make no effort to meet espoused values
Pros
Some Free Lunches
Cons
No Communication, no awareness of employee dynamics or job necessities by local managment
Management is horrible. Employees run the shop and are horrible workers. Once they dont like you they will go the extra mile to make sure you know. Need to watch what you say and who you trust. Lots of hours little time for a life. Money is alright but not worth the hours work or non sense you have to put up with. Best advice STAY AWAY. Worst place I have ever work at or been employed by.
your swamped because there isn't enough employees and there really isn't much incentive to stay no extras under paid compared to the rest of rental companys good people