Cooney Transport Ltd

Cooney Transport Ltd Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work.

Wasn't a bad place to work. Pay isn't the greatest (typical of the Trucking industry). Management was not bad. Dispatch was decent. Most of the drivers would lead you in the right direction.

Pros

Keep you busy, benefits, decent equipment

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest to start

A great place to work with a great crew to work with. Drivers are more than helpfull also.

I have worked in a lot of shops and Cooney Transport was the best shop I have ever worked in. Our shift (Afternoons) all got along great. It was more of a family atmosphere than a work environment. No matter the job everyone pitched in to help ,if you were busy or not. If you had a special way to perform a task it wasn't kept a secret but was shared with everyone. Management was more than helpfull in our day to day duties.The hardest part of the job was loading my toolbox and saying goodbye when I got layed off.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Not still working there

We worked steadily with little pressure

Cooneys transport was a great place to work. All staff and workers were easy to approach. Stayed steady working or found work to do on a slow day and the site appreciated the determination.

Pros

4 day weeks

Cons

Best work environment and cooperative employees.

A really nice place to work. Calm and peaceful environment. A very high sense of understanding between employees. Treats it's customers in a very good way.

Mangement Problems

Management (Dispatcher) doesn't care about you, just a person on a paper and are not trained to do the job properly . Says one thing than does another. Choose favourites.

its a great job to be at

always have a good culture of people around, always chilling around and talking. not much hard work to do. worked long long works. had to go outside every morning to write down trailer numbers

Pros

doing nothing all day

Cons

i had to work

Poor balance of life

If you enjoy cheating a log this is a company to work for if you enjoy working 17-18 hour days this is a company to work for if you enjoy bad benefits this is a company to work for if you enjoy being thrown under the bus this is definitely a company for you hourly wage under 20 an hour I went up from Ottawa to Belleville all they paid was the hotel that didn't pay my mileage and they paid you $50 a day for orientation this company is a joke

Pros

N/a

Cons

Long hours bad pay

Good place to start

Steady runs with good pay Nice equipment Various types of work from van to flatbed and tanker. Good pay with benefits but not fond of the Union and the negativity at the yard

Average pay, poor benefits

Dont waste your time with this company. Benefits after 2 yrs for new hires, unionized. Either flat rate or hourly depends on terminal you work out of, or are hired out of. eg.. driver works out of toronto yard but was hired out of bellville yard = toronto hourly, but bellville flat rate therefore he gets flat rate. O/O run somewhere else.

Pros

Cons

too many to list

no one realy has fun working for Cooney Transport

typical day at work,would be driving,and delivering products to different clients.I have learned how deal with all types of people.management does not respect there co-workers,hardest part of the job would be heavy lifting.What I loved about my job,were the people I worked with,my customers,and I enjoyed driving,seeing new places.and the people.

Pros

half hr

Cons

14 to 16 hr days or nights

Rely on the union

Cooney is a great company to work for. Keep your head down though. Someone will always be there trying to get you fired.

Pros

great wages

Cons

will wrongfully terminate you, without warning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cooney Transport Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement