Convergys Employee Reviews

nice lunch room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2018
mangers were very knowledgeable
upbeat workplace culture
enjoyed helping customers resolve any issues with billing
the hardest part of the job was long hours and a lot of sitting
the most enjoyable part was learning some very valuable skills
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
long hours, lots of sitting
loved this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 February 2018
loved this place was a great place to work. wish it wasnt so far from home. everyone was amazing and just full of life, would go back in aheart beat,
Friendly and flexible for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS5 February 2018
Management was awesome and the co-workers were great, It was a fun& friendly environment. Easy to get along with people down there. A good experience for hands-on work, and with phone skills. Able to put a smile on customers face for helping them with there situation. And the more important very flexible schedule for students. In the summer, students can do full time and anytime they can switch to part-time.
Other employees are like family
Corporate Solutions Team (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS4 February 2018
A typical day at work would be we would contact customers regarding their Sirius XM satellite radio. Management is ok. the most enjoyable part of the job was the other employees that you would work with. you are together so much that they are like family.
The Best of Friends, the worst of times
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB1 February 2018
Typical day at work involved high call volumes
learned: More I.T. and open source than I ever thought possible
Workplace culture among employees: some of the best friends I ever had
Hardest part of the job: Never having the information you needed in advance in order to prepare for upgrades, outages due to maintenance etc
Most enjoyable part of the job: amazingly intelligent people
Pros
high cohesion
Cons
extremely low morale
Hands on, Protective, fun
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS1 February 2018
It was a fun& friendly environment. Easy to get along with people down there. A good experience for hands on work, and with phone skills. Able to put a smile on a customers face for helping them with there situation.
Pros
Treats for selling radios
Cons
Worked till night
Yikes.
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 January 2018
Management was awesome and the co-workers were great, but the people you have to speak to on the phone are nightmare inducing. Hard to unwind after work knowing you need to do it all over again the next day, and week, and month. Oh, and you need to sacrifice your break time to use the washroom. No quick toilet runs allowed!
Pros
Cool coworkers.
Cons
Stress
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 January 2018
No support from managers, no one seemed to know what was going on. Training was not extensive at all, I guess they expected you to learn on your own. Would not recommend.
Decent company
Manger (Former Employee) –  Canada30 January 2018
I was able to development management and leadership skills throughout my career however the longevity of work availability was always unknown from minute to minute.
Pros
virtual work
Cons
instability
Fun workplace
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region28 January 2018
Everyone is good. less people in the program. less work pressure. The boss are good they are considerate and fun. There's always comission once you meet the target.
great place
Sales/ Customer Loyalty/ Tech-Chat Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 January 2018
Great place to work, not so bad, the hours are great if you need money. tasks assigned are not impossible however you really do need to be customer service oriented. Bonuses are great and so is the Benefits program
Pros
two paid 15 minutes breaks, which are always nice, one 30 minute lunch
Cons
Hours can be dragged on and you don't always get the shift you want
Great Team Environment
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON24 January 2018
When I started there a typical day was to complete admin tasks at the start of the day and then I would monitor my agents to make sure we are providing the best customer service possible for the customer's calling in.
At the end of my tenure I still did the admin task and a few other daily tasks were also added to my job requirements. The biggest change was instead of making sure my agents were providing the best customer service we now just listened to make sure agents are making sales offers, customer service was no longer and issue.
Pros
Great bonus structure
Cons
No Loyalty
Only for the desperate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON22 January 2018
If you have *any* other options then avoid Convergys like the plague. They push you out on the phones without sufficient training or testing and basically abandon you after a matter of days. Good pay and benefits but not worth the damage to your health and sanity.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 January 2018
Management is great down to earth people. Always willing to help, very knowledgeable.

Great people to work with not a single person I could not get along with.
broken promises
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2018
was promised certain things that were not followed trough with impossible expectations and lots of pressure. really hard to deal with the hr and management. training is through and well done but the expectations are to much for what you make hourly
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
expectations to high
call center
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  philippines1 January 2018
a challenging career working different hours and grave yard shifts.
learned how to handle call especially the one's who have plenty of issues with the network. multi tasking and computer literacy.
Not flexible.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS27 December 2017
You are required to do so many extra hours a week, and if you refuse, or cannot do them for whatever reason you have, they will scheduled you in on one of your days off and not necessarily tell you. So if you did not come in, either because you couldn't or refused to, you would be given a "point" which goes against you in a stack ranking.
This contact centre was an okay environment to be in.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 December 2017
For the most part Convergys worked for me as an employer.
When I initially started training and during my first few months of working there we were provided a way home from work in a stretch limousine. I thought this is the life that an employer would pay for a limousine to take us home.
Nothing bad to say
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 December 2017
I have nothing bad to say about this place. You get to learn alot about how a company should be run and worked, with customer services/ sales and technical techniques in several different ways of the spectrum.
Pros
controlled schedule, organized, lots of different people, decent paycheck
Cons
repetitive, strenuous, gets boring..
fun workplace
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 December 2017
still working at night shift here in Convergys. I learned to sell online since we are holding a Comcast account. We offer cable service here and getting in touch with different kind of customer was a challenge. the management was good and its workplace. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customer happy and satisfied.
Pros
Good food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K