Convergys Employee Review

Fun workplace but unrealistic ideas about staff
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Quorum Businesss Park1 August 2014
I enjoyed my time working for Convergys. I enjoyed my role, I enjoyed working with the staff and I always felt valued as a team mate by my line manager. I feel like I learned a lot about myself and was able to develop my personal skills, however I never felt like there was an opportunity to progress on a professional level.
The targets were set very high, and a lot of pressure was put onto staff to keep these above achievement which often lowered moral within the teams.
Holiday and time off was very hard to come by at any point in the year, and sickness was monitored on a points basis, and reasons for phoning in sick were not always taken into consideration and were always doubted by the higher management and HR.

Other Convergys Employee Reviews

Great basic job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2018
If you need full time hours that is not hard to get. Convergys is also really great at creating an involved culture - they have many activities to involve the whole work force.
Cons
Welland Convergys
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON20 April 2018
Convergys is a tough place to work, and this from an electrical apprentice who was laid off a month ago. I was in need of employment and convergys certainly took me in w/ open arms and for that I am grateful.

The job itself is easy, the tools are easy to use and the support is good. Management is a blast, they're honestly very nice and caring people but they have a job to do, like everyone else.

What is difficult about this job are the customers, you 1/5 customers are wonderful people to deal w/, however, the other 4/5 are credit fishers, scammers, loonies, and bullies. It can be very demotivating and mentally draining. I'm not sure how people have managed to last years at this job, they have nerves of steel!!!

The sales aspect is very awkward, it does make sense though, they have to stay operating and the sales aspect is competitive, in some instances It can be a logical solution for a customer, but 99% of the time it's forced, clunky, and awkward. If you're an excellent speaker, and are persuasive, this could be an excellent job for you, so long as you can get past the delusional side of the job. Some agents are without a doubt clearing 3,000 a month after taxes, which is nothing to sneeze at. A fully licensed electrician will only clear $3,800 a month after taxes, so, considering the skill variance, it can be a good job if you have what it takes and can stomach it.

I wasn't able to last a month on the floor, the type of work isn't for me, but if you have read my review and can take the good from it and think you have what it takes, giv'r, you could do very well
  more... for yourself.

The purpose of this review was to be as objective as possible, to provide real insight into the company, because I have seen a lot of reviews which are false and just slander the company. I hope this can be of assistance to others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K