Convergys Employee Reviews

Ok
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON15 June 2018
Steady hours starting on nights until you get a shift you want based on demand and performance not really any room to advance unless you are like a robot
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Revolving door
A fun workplace to jumpstart your career with
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region11 June 2018
Nice working environment where i was able to unleash the better version of myself. Toxic-free workload and professional workmates who helped me become what I am now.
Pros
Flexible schedule, competitive salary, less workload
Cons
Promotion takes forever
fun work place but the advancement opertunities are minimul
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 June 2018
the turnover rate here is really high as it is a very demaning and stressful job. It can be rewarding in the end if you really put your mind to it, and keep going even when it feels like to much
Job was great
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 June 2018
The job was great the management not so much. I handled on average 20-30 calls a day depending on the volume. I was very hands on tech support and enjoyed the customers I got to work with.
job sucks
Customer Care Representative sales (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON5 June 2018
worked there for 6 months they pushs the sales so hard, you have to offer on EVER call even if someone died or there canceling or the soldiers calling in because they are being sent over seas, the managers are bulls, i would advised to not work at this job
Na
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON31 May 2018
The OM is a bully and they will fire you for not selling on calls that are inappropriate to sell on. They make you sell to soldiers who are leaving to go protect the country, they make you sell to people who are calling to cancel an account due to a death, they make you sell to people who have mental health disorders and need to fix a situation that was caused due to these issues.
Great Place To Work!
Inbound Customer Support Agent/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 May 2018
Always offering incentives while on the job to motivate you to sell more! a great way keep things positive in the workplace! they also show recognition to those who become top sellers.
No follow-up
none (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 May 2018
After over an hour interview/tests, I was told I would be called back for one last test "next week" and to "bug" the interviewer if I didn't hear back with the date and time (as in, it's good so far, we just need one more test done) - telephone and e-mail went unanswered.

If someone else got the job, fine, I have no issue with that. But please have the courtesy to let me know! I understand that all applicants can't be contacted, however, a person who has taken of their time to come in, deserves to be informed of the outcome!

Convergys is not the only company that ignores interviewed candidates, but I can't help but wonder how much respect the hired staff gets!
Pros
Friendly at the interview
Cons
No respect, did not keep their word of calling.
Convergys
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2018
I love the work even though it's challenging due to the amount of knowledge that's required for the position.

What I don't love is the 11 hour shift blocks we have to choose from. On non-peak periods we will be scheduled for 42 hours, but during peak times we'll be scheduled for 46 hours. I did sign the contract for this amount of hours, so I was aware that the shifts would become tiresome after a while.

If you take public transportation, traveling time can really eat into the very few hours you have before heading to work and after you get home.Due to being scheduled for 4 10 hour shifts and a short shift, you really only have 3 days to get everything done and, depending on the shift, you will have to book time off for appointments or call in late.

There aren't any shift bonuses for working into the evening hours, but we do get 3 scheduled breaks on 10 hour shifts.

The people are what makes the shifts more pleasant if you're on a team with people you get along with.

I've learned a lot about cell phones and cell plans, and how to get good qualities by following the call flow set out for us.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
The lack of time after work where I can wind down before heading to sleep
Started out good, lost momentum after a few years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2018
I started out working at Convergys enjoying the job; I loved talking to customers and helping them with the issues they called in about. After a while, it started to become very monotonous with criticisms coming from all sides - customers angry about their phone issues, and feeling like no matter how hard I worked, it was never good enough.

Pay / Benefits started shrinking as well, with pension benefits being reduced / removed.

As far as I know, Convergys no longer exists in Halifax / Dartmouth.
Pros
Decent pay for the most part
Cons
Undesirable hours, overnight, or so late at night as to be nearly overnight.
Enhanced may technical and communication skills.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region19 May 2018
They have productive and lively environment. People are easy to get along with. Management push you to give out your best. They take opinions and suggestions from employees in a positive way.
Pros
With incentives when hitting targets
Cons
Need to work on graveyard shift
Productive and Fun Place
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 May 2018
A typical day at work was helping clients with IT issues and providing resolution and documenting it. In this company I got to polish my technical skills.
productive and stressful
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS18 May 2018
working here gives stability, friendly, not a bad place to work, pressure to upsell and upgrade, tried to put employees in good spirits, calls are plentiful and quotas need to be made, co workers help each other out,
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
long hrs, not enough staff
Shift work and benefits not good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2018
Dealing mostly with irate customers on a daily basis regarding their cell phone account charges, many times escalating call to management. Assisting in the activation of their cell phone when possible or referring them to a phone center if problems cannot be resolved over the phone. Management was there to listen and help. I think the company was fairly new and being in a call center did not feel a good team environment. I found it was frustrating at times constantly dealing with upset customers when the complete tower system was being upgraded to newer technology causing billing problems.
Good place to work have a comfortable nap room
Technical Support Representative (TSR2) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region11 May 2018
Everyday you will receive update of your productivity. Your coach will provide you necessary coaching logs to improve your call handling. Management is average because they already have many representatives and cant really focus on ones needs.
Not the worst..
B2B specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2018
Not to bad of a place, long hours though where you answer phone calls and help people with managing their accounts and services associated with it. Long training period.
Pros
Cafeteria at one point not sure if still there, good commission, independent for the most part
Cons
lots of dissatisfied customers calling to complain good dampen mood and make hours feel longer
Great basic job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2018
If you need full time hours that is not hard to get. Convergys is also really great at creating an involved culture - they have many activities to involve the whole work force.
Cons
Call center environment, nothing else needs to be said
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2018
Because you doing 3rd party tech/customer support you are always being micromanaged for your talk times, a low talk time is more important to them than the customer being helped. This is my humble opinion.
Pros
Good people locally, opportunity to grow
Cons
Low pay, bad upper management (not the local management)
Terrible workplace
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
stressful and it seems like no one in management staff cares about the lower workers, kept juggling us between contracts when one would pull out, very stressful
Pros
ok money
Cons
stressful and terrible managers
productive & calm
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 April 2018
awesome management super nice always thinking about team members, best and worst part of the job would be the customers some could make or ruin your day, some were the sweetest and I learned ALOT of medication names and uses.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
really calm workplace makes time go by slower

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K