Convergys Employee Reviews

Convergys
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2018
I love the work even though it's challenging due to the amount of knowledge that's required for the position.

What I don't love is the 11 hour shift blocks we have to choose from. On non-peak periods we will be scheduled for 42 hours, but during peak times we'll be scheduled for 46 hours. I did sign the contract for this amount of hours, so I was aware that the shifts would become tiresome after a while.

If you take public transportation, traveling time can really eat into the very few hours you have before heading to work and after you get home.Due to being scheduled for 4 10 hour shifts and a short shift, you really only have 3 days to get everything done and, depending on the shift, you will have to book time off for appointments or call in late.

There aren't any shift bonuses for working into the evening hours, but we do get 3 scheduled breaks on 10 hour shifts.

The people are what makes the shifts more pleasant if you're on a team with people you get along with.

I've learned a lot about cell phones and cell plans, and how to get good qualities by following the call flow set out for us.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
The lack of time after work where I can wind down before heading to sleep
Enhanced may technical and communication skills.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region19 May 2018
They have productive and lively environment. People are easy to get along with. Management push you to give out your best. They take opinions and suggestions from employees in a positive way.
Pros
With incentives when hitting targets
Cons
Need to work on graveyard shift
productive and stressful
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS18 May 2018
working here gives stability, friendly, not a bad place to work, pressure to upsell and upgrade, tried to put employees in good spirits, calls are plentiful and quotas need to be made, co workers help each other out,
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
long hrs, not enough staff
Shift work and benefits not good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2018
Dealing mostly with irate customers on a daily basis regarding their cell phone account charges, many times escalating call to management. Assisting in the activation of their cell phone when possible or referring them to a phone center if problems cannot be resolved over the phone. Management was there to listen and help. I think the company was fairly new and being in a call center did not feel a good team environment. I found it was frustrating at times constantly dealing with upset customers when the complete tower system was being upgraded to newer technology causing billing problems.
Good place to work have a comfortable nap room
Technical Support Representative (TSR2) (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region11 May 2018
Everyday you will receive update of your productivity. Your coach will provide you necessary coaching logs to improve your call handling. Management is average because they already have many representatives and cant really focus on ones needs.
Not the worst..
B2B specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2018
Not to bad of a place, long hours though where you answer phone calls and help people with managing their accounts and services associated with it. Long training period.
Pros
Cafeteria at one point not sure if still there, good commission, independent for the most part
Cons
lots of dissatisfied customers calling to complain good dampen mood and make hours feel longer
Great basic job
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2018
If you need full time hours that is not hard to get. Convergys is also really great at creating an involved culture - they have many activities to involve the whole work force.
Cons
Call center environment, nothing else needs to be said
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2018
Because you doing 3rd party tech/customer support you are always being micromanaged for your talk times, a low talk time is more important to them than the customer being helped. This is my humble opinion.
Pros
Good people locally, opportunity to grow
Cons
Low pay, bad upper management (not the local management)
Terrible workplace
Technical Support Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
stressful and it seems like no one in management staff cares about the lower workers, kept juggling us between contracts when one would pull out, very stressful
Pros
ok money
Cons
stressful and terrible managers
productive & calm
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS13 April 2018
awesome management super nice always thinking about team members, best and worst part of the job would be the customers some could make or ruin your day, some were the sweetest and I learned ALOT of medication names and uses.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
really calm workplace makes time go by slower
A place where you learn customer service
Customer Care Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2018
this company was an interesting agency that contracted customer service. training was 4 weeks long and you got paid for it. you learned the products and services and you got to learn to become a wonderful competent customer services rep.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
they moved to the Philippines
nothing special
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 April 2018
nothing special.The work was good as you talked to different people. expectations were high and pay was low. benefits were decent. Company had trouble with employee moral.
Pros
good benefits, interesting people
Cons
low pay poor atmosphere
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 April 2018
As a whole not impressive for scheduling. Spent 3 months chasing a possible shift swap. Answered the same 6 questions 5 times in that period. They are unwilling to work with anyone to make accommodations for daycare or other reasons.
productive and fun workplace
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 April 2018
Provides some training to enhance the knowledge about the product to be an effective Technical support.
Provides all the tools and resources to provide the correct resolution to resolve the issue of every customer
Provides a one stop service for the customer in terms of fixing all hardware part/s issue.
Pros
Free lunches, RnR
Cons
I hated working for this company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 April 2018
If you prove you know how to work a computer (which might not work correctly), then you're likely get hired for whatever contract work your local office does.

Time is strict, and overall you have to be able to be a robot to work in a call center.
boring and monotonous
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 April 2018
Very stessful as the majority of called are angry and take out their frustrations with the company on you. Dealing with angry people and not having the authority to fix their issue is very stressful.
Pros
no face to face confrontations
Cons
getting yelled at by customers
Convergys Review
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2018
Daily feeling of reward when I assist clients in sorting out, phone bills, manage accounts, data usage, plan changes etc.
Great relationships with co-workers; we work as a team helping each other, holding ourselves and each other accountable to get the best job done when helping our clients.
Management is supportive and stimulating. They look to bring out the best in me and my coworkers, and satisfy the needs of clientele.
Learned new systems, skill sets, and bettered myself, while extending my customer service knowledge.
Most difficult part of the job would be making sure if a customer calls in with a complaint that I do my absolute best to help resolve the issue for them.
Best part of this job, is some of the conversations I get to have with our loyal customers. It is validating to hear the customer pleased with the job I do for them. I am very much a people person so I find it gratifying to help these people and hear their grateful exclamations.
Pros
Contests, employee appreciation days, fun activities, friends made
Cons
displeased customers
Attrition and turnover high
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka27 March 2018
the turnover rate at convergys bangalore says it all. Although you can earn good money with minimum qualifications, its a stop over no a place to base your career.
Pros
Financial Incentives
Cons
Long Hours, High Stress Env
Poor contact centre
Inbound Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS23 March 2018
It was a dirty workplace. There weren't enough seats so you ended-up moving computers 2-3 times a shift, incredibly frustrating. No way to make more money.
good.
Smartphone Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 March 2018
worked on cust plans promotions and sales offers, assited with billing. warranty claims and trouble shoot there services and invoices. walked cx through programming there phone and helping them assist with billing.
Pros
most weekens off.
Cons
angry customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K