Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 646 reviews matching the search See all 14,947 reviews
If you don’t like life outside those four walls, you’ll like it there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
Convergys has no comprehension of time management. They force workers to work 44 hour weeks minimum and in busier months 47 and up to 50, while management works 40 and upper management is nowhere to be found. You will be at a desk for what seems like and really is, forever. The nature of the job itself is not bad, taking inbound support calls from mostly courteous customers, however doing it for 10 hours a day is exhausting, and booking a day off is not possible unless you can make up the time on one of your days off. The management at Convergys London is outstanding however. They do whatever they can to help out whenever possible. They don’t look down on anyone and are always there if needed. They are flexible with sick day allowances only because they have to be. The staff in the centre is like a revolving door. There are only three people out of a class of 25 others I was hired with a year ago still working there. That should tell you all you need to know. This place is good for short term work but longer than a few months and you will feel more drained than you ever could think you could be from sitting in a chair for ten hours a day.
Pros
Above minimum wage pay with commission, competent and helpful management
Cons
Long hours, toxic culture, no freedom
Dont doit
RX Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 September 2018
PCI compliance it terrible if you have a child and they get sick at school NO ONE can get a hold of you. There are not pens paper or electronic devices allowed in the building. its just a terrible place to work.
Don’t bother
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 September 2018
Management are rude, are bullies and harss you if you don’t sell. They don’t acknowledge the good things you do they just focus on the negative. They put you down I wouldn’t recommend working there and threaten to fire you constantly. There is a high turn around for staff and barely any staff. It’s all about sells and not about helping the customer.
Pros
Pay
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS10 September 2018
Convergys is a fun environment with great staff and managers the company is very fair and flexible and have not just treated me as an employee but as part of a family.
Good for the most part
Technical chat support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 September 2018
Good place to work if you can handle stress well. Company itself is not bad but the client contract sets pretty unrealistic expectations on the staff, expecting them to handle multiple customers at once all while maintaining the companies handle time, which at times is near to impossible. Was given false information upon entering the job, which was later cleared up. Not a lot of room to advance, been with the company a few months and have already gone as far as I can go.
provinding customerservice and helping people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwallis, NS7 September 2018
amazing place to work. Here I worked in the collections department upsold products to help the customer . I was trained in active listening and dealt with customers personal information.
Pros
everything
Cons
clousure of center in my area
not a great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS6 September 2018
glued to your seat 24/7
training was good but you learn things everyday so you never can be fully prepared
slip seating was a nightmare, you didn't ever have your own seat and computer, you had to pack up at every break/lunch and then restart everything when you came back
you weren't an individual, you were a number
laid people off and didn't give severence
Pros
dental benefits
Cons
management
a great spot to work
customer service representative for General Motors (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 September 2018
a decent job with lots of colorful characters and pretty good management. became friends with many of the staff, management, co-workers, etc. I enjoyed working at this job.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
Everything is all good for my 5.5 years of stay in the company. Contimous personal growth is visible, the management are well equiped
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines30 August 2018
Everyone wanted to have a great job with a great environment to work with. Convergys Philippines was able to meet the requirements of what it takes to be considered an ideal company to work with. The people I worked with including the management team worked hand in hand to achieve the same goal, and that is to provide a globally competitive customer service. The company provided everything we need for us to be able to do whatever is required for us to meet the standards of our clients. It is of my most enjoyable experience whenever we hit our targets with our team and of course....we always celebrate every success we achieve. Working with inspiring and proactive people in the work field inspired me a lot to do more that what was being ask from me by the company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
graveyard shifts
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 August 2018
Great staff lots of dates where they have BBQ and agent appreciation days, staff were very nice as well and also got to know alot of the managers that were there when i was employed there.
friendly atmosphere
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS14 August 2018
Basically it is very stressful for me to work at a call center because you sit in front of a computer the whole day dealing with raging customers. After a point it becomes very monotonous to work there. salary and other bonus benefits are good but you need to maintain a certain record in order to get it.
Call center tech support
Senior Tech - Comcast Internet Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2018
Call center tech support. I started off taking support calls and moved up to the floor support role where I assisted other reps with their calls, as well as taking escalation calls. The hardest part was handling impossible demands.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 August 2018
Supervisors are friendly and easy going. The hardest part is making sure you have all of your notes done during the call and having to deal with frustrated customers every now and then.
Pros
attendance point system is very reasonable, accommodates medical conditions whether physical or mental health issues.
Cons
sometimes policies are hard to understand
Ras
HP Canada Technical support (Current Employee) –  Tunis10 August 2018
Une bonne expérience avec plusieurs formations afin d'améliorer nos compétences
Friendly Workplace
Comcast Customer Service, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 August 2018
The management was horrible, they did not listen to any suggestions from their staff and were not treated like human beings. However the job the pay and the co workers were great
Listener Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS9 August 2018
Full time hours and benefits are perfect- especially for someone with a family at home. Managers are easy to talk to and breaks are spaced out evenly.
Fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 August 2018
I worked with many of friends here. This was a fun job and I found it exciting and usually always different. I really enjoyed talking to people from a different country.
productive working enviroment
Sirius XM customer care representative (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS6 August 2018
A typical day at Convergys was you come in, work and leave. the other employees were nice and so were the managers. Overall atmosphere was a beat bleak however considering employees were not allowed contact with the outside world while on the floor.
Pros
There was always an opportunity to work extra hours.
Cons
Far away from home.
Competitive Workplace
TELEPHONE/OFFLINE AGENT (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 August 2018
Very busy, fast pace organization. I really enjoy helping people and knowing that I have made a difference. The hardest part is being limited in being able to help.
I have learned many skills over the years from tech support to payroll and recruiting.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Really difficult for advancement
Horrible Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON1 August 2018
Worst job I have ever had. Management are no help whatsoever. Toxic, sales at all cost environment. I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Training is abhorrent.
Pros
Co-workers (poor SOBs)
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K