Convergys Employee Reviews

Found 552 reviews matching the search See all 13,000 reviews
great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2018
this was my first job and I absolutely enjoyed myself. they taught me the skills I needed to gain for excellent customer service rep. they were the first to make me enjoy work.
Stressful but pay is decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 November 2018
This is a job where you get your 8.5 hr blocks and your days. You come in and they expect you to be on the phones taking back to back calls for 8 hrs.

Good for people who enjoy repetitive tasks, bad for people who don't enjoy getting abused by customers.
Pros
Above minimum wage
Cons
Stressful work environment, overbearing managers, little to no opportunity for advancement
Poor set up
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2018
The call center was made to feel like a sweat shop.
We were numbers not people.
Agent's did not get rewarded for good behaviour, but was scolded often
Pros
Met great people
Cons
Management were snobs
Mentally taxing, but lots of advancement!
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 November 2018
Convergys, now Concentrix, has great benefits and a decent wage. Unfortunately the shifts aren't always the best, and often times, the shift bids aren't done in the time they claim to be
Pros
Great benefits, good environment
Cons
Very stressful, statistic oriented
Customer Service Agent
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2018
Dealing with customers on a daily basis regarding their cell phone account charges. Assisting in the activation of their cell phone when possible or referring them to a phone center if problems cannot be resolved over the phone.
Educational
Sales Representative & Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 November 2018
It was pretty good overall. First job and first time trained for specific roll in a work place but it was really well done and structured. I felt ready when I was placed on my own.
Learning Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 November 2018
At Convergy's I started as an inbound call representative for AT&T out of the US. I worked my way up to Team Leader where I managed and trained 20- 25 individuals. I would get teams that were not meeting call quality and quantity. I would train and support this team to have them, excelling in every matrix. Then the management would take this team and replace them with another team that needed help.
Pros
Excellent call equipment
Cons
Manager support
good while it lasted
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON27 October 2018
pending closure in Welland location. Sad that so many people will be without work now. Did customer care with a focus on sales for a Fortune 500 American Company
Very good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region24 October 2018
Very good benefits and fun culture fir a work environment. Lots of career opportunities if you are willing to work hard and consistent with your performance.
Great atmosphere to work in
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 October 2018
Convergys had a great atmosphere to work in, it was fast paced, and friendly. The ongoing training was always pertenant to what new programs or promos were coming up.
Pros
Great support from management
Cons
The business shut their doors at the Red Deer location.
Mismanaged Locally
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 October 2018
My Job was gutted from technical support to selling someone else to do said support that was not trained and i was much better than at doing. Left because they froze wages and were swtiching us to sales
Blacklisted if you leave them in all of Canada!
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2018
Good for a homeless person warm, dry in winter your at work more than not so could be seen as suitable shelter with pay!!
Working in London Ontario was so stressful a person was self harming at work. Felt like an adolescent reform institution. People trying to get out soon after hitting the floor. Girl was vomiting in her desk, kept working on. However, I left after 3 months forfeited all and any commissions and benefits never touched. Desperate for money I wanted to return as the location was great for me in winter.
So I applied at NS and was automatically rejected in their online application. So confused I called London, talked to he who remembered me she said. Then I was declined again. No Reason Given! Just a form letter rejection. I had never missed a day or work etc. But I was opinionated about any issues I saw my co workers going through and timid at times also.
I do believe that they blacklist you in their system. So seriously think twice about leaving as you’ll never be walking those floors again for a buck unless you only ever kiss butt at work!
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Toxic environment on the floor
Bpo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region8 October 2018
I experienced a lot of BPO and for me this is one of the lowest management. The training was good but a lot have better training. I dont like the people they criticized each other
productive and good plae to grow
On desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region7 October 2018
i learned a lot here since its my first job after graduating from college, i was promoted from a technical support representative to a on desk coordinator
I'll never go back there
Telecommunications Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2018
Didn't really like the job but the people were okay. skjnad;nval;kvndanvl;sknvdjfnbdk;ljnbocxlkznbop\idjmvpworegmposdmvxkcmv \xlkgmaorigj0waerjtoifsbvp\oxcjv-\spocjbvs3\v
Pros
Break Room Amenities
Cons
Statistics monitoring
Better than some
Customer Care/Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON3 October 2018
I like working here and wish I was employed here before it changed to sales culture. I hear that it was really a great place then when it changed to sales a lot of the job and people you work with changed.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Stressful
Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON2 October 2018
This was a great company to work with. Our location struggled with sales which led to the site closure.

I worked here for 16 years and loved it. I met several great people, got to travel and learned things I can take with me in my future career.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 October 2018
This is where is started to learn the Corporate world.
Learned how to deal with different attitudes of people over the phone.
The system was good.
Operations was done in an organized manner.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 October 2018
Been a great time working at this place. I have met some of the best people and learned some serious skills. This place is a huge community provider and has treated me very well.
I worked for six months there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2018
The other staff was amazing, however some calls got overwhelming and hard to deal with on a daily basis. The pay was okay but co workers made it good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Convergys. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K